Photo

DroidRzr.com Official Site Logo FINALS!

All Members Please Read Contest site logo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

Poll: 2012/2013 Site Logo Contest Finalists (759 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Logo Do You Choose to be the New DroidRzr.com Site Logo?

1. Logo #1-dubsx (92 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

2. Voted Logo #2-Thach (93 votes [12.25%])

Percentage of vote: 12.25%

3. Logo #3-bignadad (127 votes [16.73%])

Percentage of vote: 16.73%

4. Voted Logo #4-Jcubed (337 votes [44.40%])

Percentage of vote: 44.40%

5. Voted Logo #5-ZKK007 (57 votes [7.51%])

Percentage of vote: 7.51%

6. Logo #6-bignadad (53 votes [6.98%])

Percentage of vote: 6.98%

Vote

#81 Papa T

Papa T

ROM Flashaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Twitter:@JTHardee
  • LocationDouglas (South Georgia)
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

I went with logo #4 but I would also go with logo #3 in blue. Favorite color is blue and guess what color my theme is...hehehe :D

Posted Image

#82 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

4 was nice, but i felt the lower case d doesn't quite belong on the logo when every other letter is capitalized.... From a design stand point of course.

i thought this as well..

MaxxHD
Posted Image

#83 Brutus06

Brutus06

Drunken Monk Brewery

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Google+:leereitz12@gmail.com
  • LocationSouth Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Bionic(retired), Lenovo Tablet, Moto G

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

4 was nice, but i felt the lower case d doesn't quite belong on the logo when every other letter is capitalized.... From a design stand point of course.

I think it would look nice if the first D was capital and the same size as the Z. That would set it apart from the rest of the word.

#84 altspeed

altspeed

Director of National Stupidity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Twitter:@Pat_Droid
  • Google+:+Patrick Robinson
  • LocationDallas Texas
  • Current Device(s):RIP 8 & 16 GB Bionics, XT912 RAZR Maxx, XT907 RAZR M Current XT 1060 Motomaker Future Nexus 6

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

I'm down with getting rid of red too. #4 ROCKS! Who can make me one of those wicked sig plaques? something similar to tucstwo's in font, but different enough, that says something like "altspeed Team Bionic Dev Facilitator" eating windows phones for breakfast since the samsung blackjack!

"We are the People Verizon warned you about"

8 GB Bionic JB, 16 GB Bionic JB, Bionic Lapdock X2, Razr Maxx XT912 JB, Razr M XT907 JBLX

#85 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

I am just throwing this out there. For all that have said something about us rigging this whole thing because of the styles used, come on back to reality. Nothing has been rigged and its insulting to even think that. There was a open thread for all to see where the submissions were made. For all those picking based on color, your jeopardizing this whole thing. I believe that most I used red and black for colors because well, that's the color scheme that comes to mind when most think of the Droid line. I know that we have expanded from that line to other devices but we have to face the facts. Our biggest areas are the Droid line phones (RAZR and Bionic). We have done everything we can to get more support for other devices and will continue trying. But the fact is this site will probably always be a Droid device site based on those facts.

On top of all that, the people that submitted these logo ideas worked their butts off. To choose one logo over another based on color is a injustice to them and the work they put into these. Every submission is fantastic in its own right, and had we known that color was such a huge deal then we would have done this differently. One more thing to remember is that regardless of the winning logo, its colors will be adjusted to the site theme and not the other way around. So you may be voting based on color, but nobody said the site would change to that color as well and if they did then they are mistaken and should probably talk to myself or DDX before making statements like that. We have things planned out but sometimes things don't always go as planned so there may be some adjustments made until we can move forward with there original ideas.

Just some food for thought on this whole thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#86 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

I am just throwing this out there. For all that have said something about us rigging this whole thing because of then styles used, come on back to reality. Nothing has been rigged and its insulting to even think that. There was a open thread for all to see where the submissions were made. For all those picking based on color, your jeopardizing this whole thing. I believe that most I used red and black for colors because well, that's the color scheme that comes to mind when most think of the Droid line. I know that we have expanded from that line to other devices but we have to face the facts. Our biggest areas are the Droid line phones (RAZR and Bionic). We have done everything we can to get more support for other devices and will continue trying. But the fact is this site will probably always be a Droid device site based on those facts.

On top of all that, the people that submitted these logo ideas worked their butts off. To chose one logo over another based on color is a injustice to them and the work they put into these. Every submission is fantastic in its own right, and had we known that color was such a huge deal then we would have done this differently. One more thing to remember is that regardless of the winning logo, its colors will be adjusted to the site theme and not the other way around. So you may be voting based on color, but nobody said the site would change to that color as well and if they did then they are mistaken and should probably talk to myself or DDX before making statements like that. We have things planned out but sometimes things don't always go as planned so there may be some adjustments made until we can move forward with there original ideas.

Just some food for thought on this whole thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

+1

Well said

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#87 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

In the end, it is your right and privilege to vote for what you want, and for whatever reason you want..... Just wanted to add that since it apparently seems to be an issue.
  • Jcubed likes this

#88 Sirhoover2010

Sirhoover2010

• Developer
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:LoganHoover2010
  • LocationVincennes
  • Current Device(s):Atrix HD

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

4 is amazing but they are all good
Big thanks to team batakang for letting me put my projects on their server!

#89 Semseddin

Semseddin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationİstanbul
  • Current Device(s):XT910

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

I voted for number3.

#90 m0nk3y_ma17

m0nk3y_ma17

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Had to be 4 nothing can touch 'Z'ombie Andy.

I like how the phone is in 1.

#91 pltctytc

pltctytc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

quite frankly don't like any of them
perhaps #4 in red

#92 StealthFox13

StealthFox13

Gen. Member (Subject to change)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx (Refurb), Galaxy Note 10.1

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

I really like the design of #4 it looks sharp, modern, and...well to put it plainly, sexy! ;-) however, is there any way we can chat with the creator about maybe making the font more readable? other than that, gorgeous. It's awesome that we have so many people willing to support this site. I love it and I love that we have the resources that we have. congrats to the creators of these logo's and good luck to all!

P.S. Color choice. I choose blue cause I would love to be as distanced from Verizon as possible. :-)
Posted Image

#93 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

I really like the design of #4 it looks sharp, modern, and...well to put it plainly, sexy! ;-) however, is there any way we can chat with the creator about maybe making the font more readable? other than that, gorgeous. It's awesome that we have so many people willing to support this site. I love it and I love that we have the resources that we have. congrats to the creators of these logo's and good luck to all!

P.S. Color choice. I choose blue cause I would love to be as distanced from Verizon as possible. :-)

I agree with blue, considering most people are on ICS/JB and blue is the primary color of those... or green to match Android
Posted Image

#94 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

I think what we have in store is better than any suggestions so far. Stay tuned ;)

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#95 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

I think what we have in store is better than any suggestions so far. Stay tuned ;)

??????????
  • StealthFox13 likes this

#96 dubsx

dubsx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 400 posts
  • Twitter:dubs_x
  • LocationThe OH

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

boom goes the dynamite.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#97 Jcubed

Jcubed

Android Rescue Squad Leader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Google+:lovethelordjjj@gmail.com

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

whaaat??

Posted Image

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#98 kent_lkc

kent_lkc

Firmware Team

• Superuser
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

I voted for #2 but actually I like the first one.

#99 TerriM

TerriM

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

I voted for #4, it looks great in both colors!

#100 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Wow only about 620 members have voted so far out of the what.. 32k we have.. come on guys start voting
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: All Members Please Read, Contest, site logo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users