#1 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Are there any aokp blur ics roms out there? Love me some aokp, currently running speed lite but Bluetooth quirks are driving me a little nuts, I can't seem to get my blueant connected properly...

sent from my icy bionic
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#2 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hahah lolz, no you either get stability and no custimization in blur or Speed, customization and the whole shebang in aosp roms, but gotta deal with a few bugs.

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

Ok wait are there any aokp roms with ics as the base? Maybe Jb is the problem. .

sent from my icy bionic
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#4 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Moving topic to, Droid Bionic General

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#5 sparky697

sparky697

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Twitter:sparky697

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

Dubs that's what I was wondering. If the problem with CM9 and aokp was that we were on a GB kernel one might think you now could make a flawless rom now that we have an ics kernel. Seems everyone just jumps up to the newest stuff. Not sure how all that works but have been wondering.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#6 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Dubs that's what I was wondering. If the problem with CM9 and aokp was that we were on a GB kernel one might think you now could make a flawless rom now that we have an ics kernel. Seems everyone just jumps up to the newest stuff. Not sure how all that works but have been wondering.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

With an ICS kernel it is likely now POSSIBLE to have full function, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't take more time than the devs working on it are willing to give. Unless they are receiving a nice paycheck from users, they have no reason why they should focus on older devices when they are likely having more fun working on the newer ones.
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka, Rootuser94 and nakedtime like this

#7 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

You can get ICS Aokp roms with pretty much everything working. Only bug is the screen rotation and the motorola stuff, webtop, hdmi etc.
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Links please?

sent from my icy bionic with jelly beans on top

#9 nitephlight

nitephlight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

to reintroduce all the necessary moto / blur framework that enables all the neat HDMI, webtop and HW goodies... defeats the purpose of having AOKP or CM to begin with. IMO the only thing you're missing out on with blur based ROMs is easy themeing (its still possible with blur) and maybe- actually that's about it lol. you can mod a stock 246 with just about everything you have access to on AOKP and still retain all the moto functionality.
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#10 sparkyman

sparkyman

In House Developer

• Developer
  • 368 posts
  • Twitter:@sparkyman216

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Blur and aokp. Don't mix. If u mean ICS aokp that's a diff story.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#11 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Sorry yes I meant ics aokp...

#12 BleedsOandB

BleedsOandB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter:BleedsOandB

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

ive got an old cm9 laying around if that would interest you. i just flashed it and fired it up. BT seems to work (phone and tethering) but the native wifi tether isn't. cam is fully functional. has the rotation shrink bug.

if you want it, i can host it for you. i can't find the old cm9s online that hash did before rombot got taken down.

#13 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

Cm9 = aokp?

#14 BleedsOandB

BleedsOandB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

nope. similar, but not nearly as much customization

#15 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Cm9 = aokp?

No Sir

AOKP: Android Open Kang Project
AOSP: Android Open Source Project
CM9: CyanogenMod

All 3 are different build types

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#16 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

nope. similar, but not nearly as much customization

No Sir

AOKP: Android Open Kang Project
AOSP: Android Open Source Project
CM9: CyanogenMod

All 3 are different build types

Thanks guys. I'll think about the cm9. Might just switch back to Icarus or blurry rom.

#17 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Try eclipse. Everything works great. It's ics based

#18 BleedsOandB

BleedsOandB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

you could try these

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• nakedtime likes this

#19 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Trying out Skyl1n3. Not sure I love it yet but it's ICS-based so perhaps it works a tad better than jb wonkieness...

#20 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

As of right now, I've got CM9 compiling fine (finally), but there are data and camera issues that didn't exist when I posted the last CM9 I built. Data doesn't stick on reboot, and the camera behaves like the early ICS builds before Hashcode went and magically fixed things. That is to say, it opens, but there's no preview and not even Camera360 or ZoomFX work.

Once/If I get the camera working and the data to be persistent between reboots, it won't take but a single command to build AOKP instead of CM9, since THEY'RE ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users