• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 LethalGuineaPig

LethalGuineaPig

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid 3, Droid Razr.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

I picked up the Droid Razr a week or two ago. Of course, I immediately rooted it and put safestrap on it. I'm running CM10 on it, everything is all great. Except, when I switch to my stock ROM it would... not bootloop, but continuously be on the droid eye. It'll do its animation, screen will dim, and it'll vibrate. All signs I've come to beleive, from past experiences, to show that it's working. Well, not anymore. The first few times I switched, it would load up, but now it won't. I've done countless amount of things to try to get it to work, eventually I decided I'll fastboot it back to stock. I wiped it and all, so the orig data file for stock is gone. I put my phone in AP Fastboot, my computer recognizes it as CDMA_FASTBOOT_SPYDER. So, it's clearly noticed. Yet, RSD Lite won't notice it. Running as admin doesn't help. Matt's util can't flash stock ics on it, it'll actually run through and in the end say it is on it, but it's not. My phone will boot up with AP Fastboot(Failure). So, now I have to do Vol+/Vol - and Power, choose normal boot and just use my CM10. It's not horrible, but it's not perfect. All my drivers are correct, I tried ADB with command prompt, so many ways all resulting in failure. Only thing left, in my mind, is to uninstall safestrap and attempt to do Matt's Util. I'm timid to do that, because if I turn safestrap off, I don't know if I'll be able to get safestrap on again, in the event that the fastboot fails again, since I would no longer have a ROM to put it back on. Then, I'm sure that'd be classified as a legit bricked phone, rather than soft bricked. Any suggestions?

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Well... charge it up to 100% first. Then just reflash the bootlogo.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This should be enough to fix it, maybe.

OR...

Hopefully between these should fix your booting issue. If not, you should have a clear error as to why you are going into fastboot mode each boot.
  • Semseddin likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Is that all AP Fastboot gives you is failure ? does it say boot failure... Flash failure... Battery low?...... Sounds like you are doing everything right otherwise.. ..... But just to be sure.... Are you fully charged when you run the utility? ... Are you using the OEM USB cable... Maybe try a different USB port on the computer.... You stated that you have the latest motorola drivers ....
Using a 3.0 USB port or 2.0.... It shouldnt make a difference unless your computer's 3.0 drivers are not current....

Maybe re download the utility... May be corrupted or incomplete

Maybe disable your antivirus... (its rare but some anti virus does not play nice with the utility)....

Maybe you have something on your sdcard (internal or external) that is carrying a "virus" or some sort of malware that is not playing nice with the phone...

Maybe Backup your sdcard(s) to your PC then wipe both (prior to running the utility).....

You should not need to uninstall safestrap prior to running the utility.... It [the utility] should wipe it out when it flashes the various partitions and .img's .....

sent from my spare phone tapadriving........

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#4 LethalGuineaPig

LethalGuineaPig

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Is that all AP Fastboot gives you is failure ? does it say boot failure... Flash failure... Battery low?...... Sounds like you are doing everything right otherwise.. ..... But just to be sure.... Are you fully charged when you run the utility? ... Are you using the OEM USB cable... Maybe try a different USB port on the computer.... You stated that you have the latest motorola drivers ....
Using a 3.0 USB port or 2.0.... It shouldnt make a difference unless your computer's 3.0 drivers are not current....

Maybe re download the utility... May be corrupted or incomplete

Maybe disable your antivirus... (its rare but some anti virus does not play nice with the utility)....

Maybe you have something on your sdcard (internal or external) that is carrying a "virus" or some sort of malware that is not playing nice with the phone...

Maybe Backup your sdcard(s) to your PC then wipe both (prior to running the utility).....

You should not need to uninstall safestrap prior to running the utility.... It [the utility] should wipe it out when it flashes the various partitions and .img's .....

OR...

Hopefully between these should fix your booting issue. If not, you should have a clear error as to why you are going into fastboot mode each boot.

Well, Matt, there is no longer any ROM on the stock ROM, so flashing the boot logo would just mimic what I just had, would it not? A continuous boot logo. John, I tried multiple cables, downloaded the drivers numerous times, tried 3 different versions of the util, it gives me AP Fastboot flash failure. I'm using 2.0 USB, I just have Microsoft Security Essentials which never bothered SBFs for my other Droids, and I could try the SD Cards idea, but if I do that and I put what I had back on them, will safestrap be enabled? If the flash doesn't work.

EDIT: I tried two different USB ports and I haven't had 100% charged, but it was around 70 or 80.

#5 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

You should have no worries doing like matt said and flashing just the logo.bin .... That may fix it... And no it would not mimic whst you have been seeing.... The logo is the "dual core 'M' " that you see prior to the droid eye, which is the boot animation.... :)

Also.... If matts suggestions (which i think are more accurate than mine) dont work, maybe use the individual fastboot "erase" commands to completely erase everything one by one and then run the 1.82 utility again to replace everything (stock)

If the flash is sucessfull you should have no problem reinstalling safestrap and and the ROM of your choice.....

More info to come.... I wanted to at least respond so you wouldnt think we forgot about you :)

BTW... 80% charge is acceptable but its recommended to have 100% charge for these operations

jhf.png

#6 LethalGuineaPig

LethalGuineaPig

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Thank you very much, I'll do as you advise. But, I gotta warn you, I'm gonna be crushed if it doesn't work. I'm just puzzled as to how flashing the boot.img will actually make the phone work when I deleted the ROM. I'll give it a try though, I'm still gonna back up the SD cards and attemp to do it. Thank you both very much for assistance!

#7 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Making backups are always a good practice anyway.... :) best of luck with this next step... I hope it solves your problem.... If not, we will always be here to help :)

jhf.png

#8 LethalGuineaPig

LethalGuineaPig

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

Okay, I couldn't get logo.bin, I have boot.img, and when I flash it I get it:
Preflash Validation Failure.
FAILED <remote: >
finished. total time: 0.686s

#9 LethalGuineaPig

LethalGuineaPig

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

I tried to flash the system file as well, it said OKAY, writing system then it said failed prevalidation failure again. So, do we know what that is?

#10 LethalGuineaPig

LethalGuineaPig

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Oh my God. Strike that, moved that 6.7.2-180 files over, had ADB. Flashed it and got this... :
sending logo
OKAY
writing logo
<bootloader> no such partition
FAILED <remote: >

#11 LethalGuineaPig

LethalGuineaPig

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Okay, so I flashed preinstall, system, radio, boot.img, logo.bin, moto, quite a few things. BUT STILL, some of the things give me either
<Bootloader> no such partition or <Bootloader> preflash validation failure. You guys got any ideas?

#12 LethalGuineaPig

LethalGuineaPig

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

All right, now I'm definitely gonna need your guys' help. My phone is COMPLETELY bricked after doing this. No more safestrap, so no more ROM period. Please help me.

#13 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

All right, now I'm definitely gonna need your guys' help. My phone is COMPLETELY bricked after doing this. No more safestrap, so no more ROM period. Please help me.

ok so lets clarify a couple things.... which utility are you using?

what exactly are the 6.7.2-180 files you referred to?

also having no ROM or safestrap really makes no difference when it comes to fastbooting..... those things are basically on a completely different level... they are actually secondary to the fastboot files....

sorry it has taken a little while for me to respond.... we have not forgotten about you :)

jhf.png

#14 Semseddin

Semseddin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationİstanbul
  • Current Device(s):XT910

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

OR...

Hello matt, this saved me a lot of time. Thank you !

#15 tats8

tats8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

ok so lets clarify a couple things.... which utility are you using?

what exactly are the 6.7.2-180 files you referred to?

also having no ROM or safestrap really makes no difference when it comes to fastbooting..... those things are basically on a completely different level... they are actually secondary to the fastboot files....

sorry it has taken a little while for me to respond.... we have not forgotten about you :)

Okay, I am having a similar problem. I used the Util and it says it loads everything but the boot.img. Then my phone locks on the Dual-Core logo. Any ideas? I used the Util and did option 1...no luck.

#16 LethalGuineaPig

LethalGuineaPig

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

I ended up living with power with vol up and vol down to start normally. Finally, two weeks ago, I had used Matt's 1.8 or 1.9 too and flashes it, using adb and then using the to flash the official jellybean on it, this resulted in no fast boot error screen and jellybean. But, now none of my ROMs work except for one, which ends up black screening and never coming back after a day or two. So, meh.

#17 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

I ended up living with power with vol up and vol down to start normally. Finally, two weeks ago, I had used Matt's 1.8 or 1.9 too and flashes it, using adb and then using the to flash the official jellybean on it, this resulted in no fast boot error screen and jellybean. But, now none of my ROMs work except for one, which ends up black screening and never coming back after a day or two. So, meh.

If you are on the official version of JB that is the .16 Kernel and only a couple roms have been updated to that Kernel. You are trying to run roms meant for the .8 Kernel which is why you are getting the black screen at boot

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#18 LethalGuineaPig

LethalGuineaPig

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

If you are on the official version of JB that is the .16 Kernel and only a couple roms have been updated to that Kernel. You are trying to run roms meant for the .8 Kernel which is why you are getting the black screen at boot

. I figured as much. That's how I got one ROM working. Any reason why it eventually fails?

#19 LethalGuineaPig

LethalGuineaPig

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

-

#20 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

. I figured as much. That's how I got one ROM working. Any reason why it eventually fails?

Different Kernel.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users