#141 fireman

fireman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Can confirm this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I too can confirm this and can also confirm that the stock verizon wifi works with entitlement check value changed to 0

#142 Cruiserdude

Cruiserdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:@andrewblitch

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

For those having issues, may I suggest a full wipe (including internal storage). I wiped before fastbooting back to .211 (as I had been running CM10.1 with SS3), simply got through setup and logged in so I could update my Superuser app, then did the update. And I still had issues (mainly FC's) even after essentially a "clean" upgrade. Fixing permissions didn't do it, so I simply did a full factory reset once I restored my su binary and now it works perfect. I recommend doing a full data wipe after a major Android version upgrade anyway for all users (which means my friends with Android devices that aren't into rooting and tweaking and all that).

BTW, if you had a bad flash, you break it trying to tweak it, or for any other reason feel the desire to re-do the update, try this. Use Matt's utility 1.82 to fastboot back to .211 (this will NOT boot or take you back to working ICS) and reboot into the stock recovery when finished (of course the process will show a number of failures, but you'll be able to get to recovery). Wipe data/cache, and apply the update again from your external sd. It should run the update again with no problems, as the phone will report as being on .211 despite the fact it won't boot. When you're finished, wipe your data again and reboot, and you should be good to go.

#143 Cruiserdude

Cruiserdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:@andrewblitch

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

I too can confirm this and can also confirm that the stock verizon wifi works with entitlement check value changed to 0

Yup, on-screen keys work as well, they look great as they're now stock Android with a shaded background.

#144 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,513 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

BTW, if you had a bad flash, you break it trying to tweak it, or for any other reason feel the desire to re-do the update, try this. Use Matt's utility 1.82 to fastboot back to .211 (this will NOT boot or take you back to working ICS) and reboot into the stock recovery when finished (of course the process will show a number of failures, but you'll be able to get to recovery). Wipe data/cache, and apply the update again from your external sd. It should run the update again with no problems, as the phone will report as being on .211 despite the fact it won't boot. When you're finished, wipe your data again and reboot, and you should be good to go.

You should only need to fastboot system and preinstall from 211 (so you can avoid the failed flashes) and the boot img from this update to get the update in recovery to work. Also, you rooted people who have the new build installed should pull a recovery img. My House of Bionic uses these same principles to get us Bionic users out of a jam. Matt taught me a lot. ;) However, if you find yourself in an.... untenable situation, you can almost always recover by doing the following:

-Flash system and preinstall from 211
-Flash boot.img and recovery.img from your new update
-Shut off and boot up into recovery
-Apply the update zip
-Wipe the cache
-Reboot

This is ALMOST as good as having the FXZ fastboot files for the latest version. Hope this helps.
  • mattlgroff and DarkOverDroid like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#145 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

You should only need to fastboot system and preinstall from 211 (so you can avoid the failed flashes) and the boot img from this update to get the update in recovery to work. Also, you rooted people who have the new build installed should pull a recovery img. My House of Bionic uses these same principles to get us Bionic users out of a jam. Matt taught me a lot. ;) However, if you find yourself in an.... untenable situation, you can almost always recover by doing the following:

-Flash system and preinstall from 211
-Flash boot.img and recovery.img from your new update
-Shut off and boot up into recovery
-Apply the update zip
-Wipe the cache
-Reboot

This is ALMOST as good as having the FXZ fastboot files for the latest version. Hope this helps.

You mean what this does? :P

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• MartyChubbs, DarkOverDroid, canezila and 2 others like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#146 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,513 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

You mean what this does?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

So it would seem. :P Excellent work. :)
Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

#147 DEMO333

DEMO333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hey matt thanks for ur hard work on this. And yeap I just gat my jb on my RAZR thanks again for the hard work :)

#148 sherri

sherri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:sherri64
  • LocationMy own personal hell....

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Just realized that i won't be able to use this, as the led won't blink with the screen ON. (Still feel that was a stupid move on Google's part...)

I will have to wait for a friggen' AOKP ....

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Disappointed and hurt. Not surprised.

#149 DrDiff

DrDiff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Twitter:@DrDiff952
  • Google+:DrDiff
  • LocationNorthWest Indiana

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Duplicate... Deleted... Sorry

Posted Image

#150 DrDiff

DrDiff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Twitter:@DrDiff952
  • Google+:DrDiff
  • LocationNorthWest Indiana

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

My phone tried to update on me last night while I was asleep. Now it says there is no update needed.

So it looks like I have to download from a link and manually do it. Voodoo OTA is up and running check temp un-root, wipe, install. Download Voodoo. To regain root.

Can anyone tell me the line number for the entitlement check? Currently on my phone it is line 70.

Posted Image

#151 fosser2

fosser2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

My phone tried to update on me last night while I was asleep. Now it says there is no update needed.

So it looks like I have to download from a link and manually do it. Voodoo OTA is up and running check temp un-root, wipe, install. Download Voodoo. To regain root.

Can anyone tell me the line number for the entitlement check? Currently on my phone it is line 70.

If you're talking about the "tethering" entitlement check on my phone (fresh copy of JB) it is line 66. Hope this helps.
  • DrDiff likes this

#152 kurkosky1989

kurkosky1989

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

NOOOO!!!!!!!! OMG.... there has got to be a way to get back to ics and get my root back. If i wasent half sleeping when i saw this i would have waited def. i had the update early morning christmas day and thought nothing of it the update had already downloaded and was ready to install. As soon as i hit the button and said agree i was thinking to myself this wasent a good idea because i knew i was going to run into issues like this. I figured it wasent smart to just shut off phone to stop it so i let it run through... and now happy to be on jellybean finally but now i cant get root access (i knew i should have installed rootkeeper) Any HELP would be very very much appreciated. Tryed many methods to try to get back to and ics nothing is working.

#153 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,513 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

There is definitely no way back to ics. It's upped the security again so the fast boot will fail. As for root, you tried matt's script?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

#154 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

There is a way back to ICS its called 'Contact Motorola Customer Service for a Replacement'

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  • TheRealJudgeD, trikotret, DarkOverDroid and 2 others like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#155 mephisto

mephisto

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

hello, mattlgroff.
Is there a recovery.img availiable ?
Because of I tried to use ICS version of Bootstripe.
My recovery seems massed up.
Even after i use UnbrickXT912Jellybean I still can't enter the recovery.
thanks.

#156 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

hello, mattlgroff.
Is there a recovery.img availiable ?
Because of I tried to use ICS version of Bootstripe.
My recovery seems massed up.
Even after i use UnbrickXT912Jellybean I still can't enter the recovery.
thanks.

Someone on the software And rooted will have to pull it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#157 kurkosky1989

kurkosky1989

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

i have already thought about that i might just got that route and get a replacement sent out to me. i have never went without root before on any of my phones and this is just bothering me

#158 imhowie

imhowie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

Thanks for the restore root application, Matt! You're awesome! I appreciate all the work you do for us.

#159 nshennign

nshennign

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

Not sure if anyone posted on this yet, but I can verify webtop is still here with JB, and working. I'm on it right now, lol...

#160 neoterixx64

neoterixx64

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

Not sure if anyone posted on this yet, but I can verify webtop is still here with JB, and working. I'm on it right now, lol...

Awesome. I also cannot live without this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users