488 replies to this topic

#301 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,517 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:03 PM

This is the image name I get right from the twrp download page at: https://dl.twrp.me/deb/

twrp-3.0.2-0-deb.img

You're missing the point of what I wrote.

razorg-mob30p-factory-2c47d822.tgz.

does not match

twrp-3.0.2-0-deb.img

It should be renamed twrp-3.0.2.0-razorg.img

• spainter likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#302 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:08 PM

Sometimes you just have to smack me up the side of the head.  Made the correction to the file name. Thank you

• SamuriHL and kellym like this

#303 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

Hahaha, no covers on these books :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• spainter likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#304 kellym

kellym

Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Google+:kellym
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel XL

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:40 PM

Sometimes you just have to smack me up the side of the head. Made the correction to the file name. Thank you

This is what happened to me when I renamed it recovery.img a few months back and I accused Sam of being such a stickler for names, lol. The man means what he says, damn him.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• matjmonk and spainter like this

#305 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,517 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:21 AM

Ya'll will thank me for not bricking your pretty device some day.  ;)

• johnlgalt, kellym and spainter like this

#306 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:27 PM

Once you slapped me up side of the head and I understood what you were saying the fix was easy and I agree with you on why it was done that way.

I never did figure out where the deb and flo came from anyway if google uses the razr and razorg nick names.

#307 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,517 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:12 PM

They were the internal code names for the devices.  Sometimes they use those in the factory image names, sometimes they don't.  I'm not going to take time to map all the variations so you have to match the recovery image name to the factory image.  This ensures the right recovery is flashed with the right image in the case you have more than one device.

• spainter likes this

#308 kellym

kellym

Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Google+:kellym
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel XL

Posted 10 July 2016 - 05:27 AM

Ya'll will thank me for not bricking your pretty device some day. ;)

Pfft, come on now. Nexus is NOT a pretty device, but I thank you nonetheless. I do believe I even blew kisses to you in this thread. How many other members have done THAT?

• spainter likes this

#309 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,517 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:54 AM

I'd uh prefer that most don't.  lmao

• matjmonk, kellym and spainter like this

#310 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:44 AM

No kisses here.

• SamuriHL and spainter like this

#311 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,155 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

ok I think I'm going to try to bring my Nexus 5 back to stock while trying to keep data.  Will this work on Linux i.e. my iMac?  Don't hate.

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#312 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,517 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:13 PM

Dangerous games you play.  Trying to keep data while going from a rom to stock is not always recommended.  However, yes, this will work.

#313 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,155 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:15 PM

Ok I shall create a flash able zip with my apps thru tibu and try to restore from there.

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#314 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,517 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:57 PM

Do that but try dirty flashing first. If it wigs out, factory reset then restore the apps from tibu.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#315 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,155 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:31 AM

ok I've got everything set up and the script generated to take my N5 back to stock on the latest build.  Backed up my apps with TiBu.  This is hopefully not a dumb question but if I select "wipe data" so this is a fully clean install, will it wipe the whole shebang, or will I be able to keep pictures, music, downloads, EFS backup, etc?  I can have it install superSU, re-root, reinstall TiBu and flash a zip from TWRP to reinstall my apps and data. 

#316 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,517 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:27 AM

It wipes out the data partition so I'd be careful.

#317 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,155 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:15 PM

Gotcha. Ok glad I asked first.

#318 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,155 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:29 AM

ok so iow I should pull all the data/files/pix/backups off my device first, and then push them back once the device is back up and running clean on stock?  If I have a bunch of cc's/reward cards stored in android pay will it re-populate those once I sign back in to my device?  Also does anyone know if SuperSU 2.7 has systemless root built in automatically or do you have to manipulate it like you did on earlier versions?

#319 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,517 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:03 AM

I would back up anything off of data you don't want to lose just in case.  It shouldn't touch certain things in the data partition but I never rely on that myself.  You've been warned.  :)

No idea on Android Pay.

User SuperSU 2.7.6.  All root is systemless.  Once you touch system your android pay is done amongst other things.

#320 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:40 AM

Google has made changes on the back end of android pay in the last couple of weeks and seems to have quit working if the phone is not 100% stock.  But that shows up it seems when you try to use it at a pay terminal. I haven't seen anything about loading reward or credit cards to it.  For me I just gave it the one finger salute and went back to using plastic.

• kellym likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users