488 replies to this topic

#321 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:59 PM

I use Android Pay all the time and gave up on root for that device.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#322 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:12 PM

ok just fired through the house to bring my N5 back to clean stock on latest security update.  Everything went off without a hitch except it wouldn't sideload SuperSU properly, said I needed a different version of ADB.  It's theoretically rebooting now, seems to be taking a while to go through the little colored circle patterns...

Edit: booted up, started fresh, and restoring from something, not sure where.  Man haven't been stock for a long time...

Edit2: Thanks for a great tool Sam, and thanks also to CMH for a couple of linux/mac tips in the earlier part of the thread so I could get this going on my Mac.  Easy Peasy lemon squeezy.  Does look like it wiped EVERYTHING though - I'll just put back my music and whatnot when it's done restoring.

• SamuriHL and cmh714 like this
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#323 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:53 AM

Yea, that's why I cautioned you on wiping data.  Some devices keep some of the data and others wipe everything.  Glad you got it done though.

#324 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:54 AM

i was able to ADB push my music back to the device pretty easily so no biggie.  Just need to figure out how to restore data on my Texas Hold 'Em game, had like $2M in the bank... Will try to test out AP soon to make sure that works.

Edit - pushed the appropriate files to titanium and got it back up and running.  sweet.

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#325 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:32 PM

Very nice.  Sounds like the whole process went more or less well.  :)

#326 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:45 AM

Yes. Thanks again for the sweet smooth program you built. Only thing it wouldn't do is sideload SuperSU as it said I needed a different version of adb, no biggie as I pushed it and flashed it manually. And as an added bonus I taught myself ADB push and pull commands. Now if only I could figure out if there was a way to do adb push within adb shell so I could see the folder structure easier...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• SamuriHL likes this

#327 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:07 AM

There isn't. As for adb I guess it's time to put out an updated platform tools package.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#328 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:42 AM

Too bad, that would be very useful if it was possible to run adb push through adb shell.  oh well.  btw I did have to do this as CMH mentioned earlier in the thread, maybe when you get a chance you could add it into the instructions for those running it on Linux/Mac?

UPDATE: For Mac/Linux the permissions on the flashme.sh file need to be changed to make it executable so for those unsure:

chmod +x flashme.sh should do the trick

#329 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:06 AM

Google changed the image format and it breaks the HoN.  I don't know when I'll get around to looking at how to fix it yet.  I'm not amused that they changed the image formats for no f***ing reason.

• kellym likes this

#330 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:43 AM

Google changed the image format and it breaks the HoN.  I don't know when I'll get around to looking at how to fix it yet.  I'm not amused that they changed the image formats for no f***ing reason.

Does the change also break things with the September security update for 6.0.1?

#331 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:44 AM

Does the change also break things with the September security update for 6.0.1?

Most likely.  They quit doing the double compression and are now just hosting .zip files.

• johnlgalt and spainter like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#332 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:45 AM

House of Nexus 1.9.4 released

-Fix idiocy caused by Google f***ing around with image formats.  Now supports plain zip images which are different than OTA zip images.  Come on, Google, seriously?

• johnlgalt, kellym and spainter like this

#333 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:46 AM

Most likely.  They quite doing the double compression and are now just hosting .zip files.

Yea, well, it hardly matters now as I fixed the code to handle all of that crap now.  What a bunch of idiots.  And hey Google, double screw you for not giving me an NX6 build!

• johnlgalt, livinginkaos, kellym and 1 other like this

#334 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

-Fix idiocy caused by Google f***ing around with image formats.  Now supports plain zip images which are different than OTA zip images.  Come on, Google, seriously?

Not to ask a silly question, but what happens if someone points HoN to a OTA zip instead of an image.zip ?

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#335 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:09 AM

Not to ask a silly question, but what happens if someone points HoN to a OTA zip instead of an image.zip ?

Then it'll write a script to flash the OTA.  What do you think it was going to do?  lol

#336 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:45 AM

Thank you Sam for the quick response and fix. You have made me lazy when it comes to flashing. You are appreciated!

• SamuriHL, kellym and LDubs like this

#337 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:29 AM

Ahhh, the idiosyncrasies of Google.

I noticed the new .ZIP files the other day, and finally got a chance to come over here to tool around - glad to see SAM is on top of things.

• SamuriHL, kellym and LDubs like this

#338 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:14 PM

@Sam - Question:  Does 1.9.4 allow the user to use either type of file, .TGZ or .ZIP? 

I'm about to wipe my phone and instead of having to deal with headaches, since I still have all 5 of the DP full system files, I'm considering just wiping, installing DP3 via HoN, and sideloading the next 2 OTAs (or maybe just sideloading DP5 directly). 

#339 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:35 PM

@Sam - Question:  Does 1.9.4 allow the user to use either type of file, .TGZ or .ZIP? 

I'm about to wipe my phone and instead of having to deal with headaches, since I still have all 5 of the DP full system files, I'm considering just wiping, installing DP3 via HoN, and sideloading the next 2 OTAs (or maybe just sideloading DP5 directly). 

Oh boy, here it comes.... :)

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#340 kellym

kellym

Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Google+:kellym
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel XL

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:59 PM

What's DP5?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk