• This topic is locked This topic is locked
338 replies to this topic

#121 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Will there be another version made with soft keys and disables hard ones? If not I'm on the OTA and I have soft keys on here and was wondering how to disable the hard Navy keys.

Sure once I get a good version going and I am happy with it I'll make a soft keys/disabled hard keys version.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#122 n00dle

n00dle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

I'm on Alpha3 right now, going to flash 6 when I get home this morning...

Has anyone noticed that when you go into settings>display, then under HDMI settings>HDMI Connection, if you select "enable to detect HDMI cable" the phone always reads that an HDMI cable is plugged in, even when there isn't one? It constantly forces itself into landscape mode and brigns up the selection box for "webtop" or "mirror on display" and in the notification bar it states that an HDMI cable IS detected...

I noticed this same problem on the stock OTA, so this is probably not something peculiar to just this ROM, maybe just a bug in the webtop application...wondering if anyone else has noticed the same problem or if I just have something messed up. Everything updated exactly as described in OP for this ROM and for the OTA update.

Just an FYI, this problem does not persist when you uncheck "enable to detect HDMI cable," so it is not a big deal. Thanks for all the great work!

Not a prob here, but I will say I did have a similar problem on ICS. Turned out to be a hardware problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#123 Adevos

Adevos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR xt912

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Not a prob here, but I will say I did have a similar problem on ICS. Turned out to be a hardware problem.

What do you mean by hardware problem? Was the HDMI connector on your phone actually broken somehow? I hope that's not the case here :(

#124 TMadd8

TMadd8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Alpha3 came with stock and 4.2 camera. Maybe 4 and 5 did also? (I haven't tried them yet) Stock is the only option from the lock screen but you can choose 4.2 after you get into the homescreen. Gallery Editor FC'd. But I think I know a fix for that.

Edit: I fixed Editor and Photo Sphere is functional but painfully slow.

I am 99% sure that PhotoSphere does not work properly for the Razr because the Razr does not have a gyroscope sensor which is required for the PhotoSphere functionality. You may be able to tinker with PhotoSphere, but it will not work successfully.
  • desdecardo likes this

#125 gautamrao

gautamrao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Do I need to be on the OTA JB that Matt has described elsewhere to install this, or can I install directly over my existing CM10 based ROM? Thanks!

#126 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Do I need to be on the OTA JB that Matt has described elsewhere to install this, or can I install directly over my existing CM10 based ROM? Thanks!

You need to be on the OTA

#127 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

You only need the JB Kernel, not the whole OTA

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I run the Fat free Bean fully working on my Main System (BMM 3f) and already tried the step back to ics with success. I'll try the Batakang today, but i guess it will work the same way.
BTW: I got the XT910 (GSM), so for XT912 it should be easier to switch the Kernel :ph34r:

Sent from my XT910

Attached Files

• mattlgroff and gautamrao like this

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#128 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

Downloading now.

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#129 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

+1 stock keyboard working fine (though I'm using SwiftKey Flow beta ;))

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#130 Claris

Claris

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

Only issue I see so far--and it's a stupid small issue--is that the screen does not come back on automatically when I move the phone away from my face during a call. Something funky with the prox sensor?

You can try "No black screen after call" in Pimp My ROM. I've never had such a problem before so i suppose it was a tweak that was added in for a reason.

#131 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Matt, first let me say I LOVE this Rom. It's the best out there. Now for the "but".

The only issue I'm having (and it's just an issue NOT a problem) is the "Android is upgrading" on every boot. It's not the zipalign script as I moved it temporarily. It's almost like the dalvik cache is being cleared on reboot. It doesn't matter if I have installed anything or not, it happens every time. It's no big deal but when it has to "update" 273 apps it takes a long time to reboot, and crackflasher that I am, I probably reboot twenty times a day.
Anything you can suggest I'll try. Thanks for an awesome job!
Sent from my DROID RAZR

#132 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Only thing I've noticed so far:
2 camera apps (no big deal)
Noticeable lag when dragging a widget to the home screen.
Great job Matt! Runs great. Thank you

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#133 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Only thing I've noticed so far:
2 camera apps (no big deal)
Noticeable lag when dragging a widget to the home screen.
Great job Matt! Runs great. Thank you

2 Camera apps is on purpose. I use the 4.2 camera for quick shots but if I need something reliable I use the BlurCamera.

Not sure about widgets.

As for the updating on every boot it does the same on my BatakangROM for RAZR HD and I got no clue. It never does more than 6-7 apps for my personally though. Dunno?

I don't reboot often so I am not too focuses on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#134 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

As for the updating on every boot it does the same on my BatakangROM for RAZR HD and I got no clue. It never does more than 6-7 apps for my personally though. Dunno?

I don't reboot often so I am not too focuses on it.

Ah well, I'll just live with it. This is my daily driver, and it probably will be for quite a while.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#135 ryankliber

ryankliber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

I haven't seen this asked anywhere and I believe it changed on jb. How do I change the external storage to primary? Thanks in advance.

#136 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

alpha 6 use any battery? been on it all day and :)

#137 jpmoo

jpmoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

I haven't seen this asked anywhere and I believe it changed on jb. How do I change the external storage to primary? Thanks in advance.

Shod be a quick edit to system/etc/vold.fstab and then a reboot.

#138 doby-nut

doby-nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Installed Leaked JB using Safestrap 3.7 and JBXT912 dual boot utility. Over past 2 days checked three ROMs designed on new JB kernel all exhibited weak WIFI connections. Did wipes and FDR on all three installs. Went one room away from my Verizon motorola router and WIFI repeatedly dropped. Previous on ICS rom had a great connection in all areas of home, never recall being disconnected. Also for comparison went to a local Starbucks I routinely visit, WIFI dropped in parking lot area very close to front door repeatedly. Also had more distance on ICS, routinely maintained connection in car much further away. I'm convinced it must be a JB Rom issue and hope its improved prior to another release.

Also never received a WIFI available notification on any of the 3 JB ROMS. Otherwise, all ran buttery smooth. Any ideas ref weak WIFI and no WIFI available notifications Matt?
​Occurred on Batakang also, anyone else having a like observation? JB issue?

#139 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

That'd be an issue with Motorola's base.

#140 doby-nut

doby-nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for prompt reply Matt, great forum! Nice to know I'm not loosing it....hope motorola fixes the prob.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users