Photo

Having Problems With Your DROID Razr or RAZR Maxx After Jelly Bean Upgrade? Verizon May Replace It for Free

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 DVDDave

DVDDave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

check your pm

please check your pm, thanks, dave

#62 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Since I have upgraded my OS to JB I keep getting this message every morning, I have no clue what it means etc. and was wondering if anyone else has it:

"Unfortunately , The Process Com Motorola.vzw.vmm has stopped" what is that all about ?

Any fix ?

Thanks in advance.

The guy under your first post answered you. You need to do a factory reset.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#63 withmenilu

withmenilu

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Guys what are the chances of claiming warranty off an ebay phone?

#64 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

Mine is working fine and I have root. Didn't have root at first even though it said I did. Used the Restore Root Matt created and all is ok. Seems like the battery is still crap in JB though.
Posted Image

#65 Greeny173

Greeny173

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationYoungstown, Ohio

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

My upgrade went smooth and effortlessly. My battery life was bad after the upgrade, but I took the advice of a previous poster and left the battery run down Started my phone up and left it run all day long till 12:30 last night. At that time I had 17 hours on my battery and was at 30% when I plugged it in to charge. Fantastic!!! I meant to also mention that it seems to recharge a lot quicker than before. I haven't noticed anything else that is different from ICS but the real "users" of the Razr might noticed more changes.

#66 novakdesolation

novakdesolation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

I noticed the faster recharge time as well. Didn't know that an update can decrease the charging time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

#67 Greeny173

Greeny173

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationYoungstown, Ohio

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

I noticed the faster recharge time as well. Didn't know that an update can decrease the charging time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Not sure if the upgrade included new battery life,but it seems like the battery life lasts longer after I did it.

#68 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

I'm doing this tomorrow. I need my root lol

May I ask what was the Big Issue D-Loading Jelly Bean other than losing Root of course the Misc too...

Why would they want to replace your Phone...Would a Factory Reset bring you back to ground Zero?

Its Bubba

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#69 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Mine is working fine and I have root. Didn't have root at first even though it said I did. Used the Restore Root Matt created and all is ok. Seems like the battery is still crap in JB though.

Try Juice Defender Utimate...Used it on every New ROM with Great results for me any ways...

Its Bubba

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#70 Krazr

Krazr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Well the issues I thought I previously had with my phone following the update turned out to be nothing at all. So far I'm really liking Jelly Bean. Although I do have one question, does anyone know how to have the long press on the search button go directly to voice search?

#71 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

I noticed after a drain and recharge my battery is where it needs to be now. Must of been just the initial flash. I had a lot of random reboots and fc's on ICS, but this JB build is rock solid. I also had one area of town that the signal would drop completely to nothing at all on ICS. Just a red thing on the signal bar. After the JB flash, I can roam all over that area and 4G is rock solid. I am loving this build. Thought the battery was crap still, but after following what others have said the battery is not an issue.
Posted Image

#72 pltctytc

pltctytc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

typical verizon update crap
sounds familiar like the ics from gb

this time i'll wait. the way V works the fix to the jb bug will be another 6 months or more

#73 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Possibly it's cause we don't put them down for hours after a flash as well lol.
Posted Image

#74 donkey2

donkey2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

I was able to install and keep root on the JB ota. But now I need to unroot. What would be the best way? VZ is sending me a new phone. Thanks

#75 storm35x

storm35x

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:storm35x

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

I have to say that I am the master at getting my phone replaced. I recieved the JB OTA on my Droid razr maxx. Everything worked well for the first 2 days and then my phone started dropping signal and randomly rebooting. I took it to the coporate store and they looked at it and and mad a note on my account that i was having issues. They then replaced to with a brand new droid razr maxx. Same phone I know but it wasnt a factory refurb. So I brought my new phone home and promptly loaded the JB zip file through stock recovery. Sure enuf same issues happening. So I took it in the next day and told them that this new phone pulled the JB OTA again and it was having the same issues. So I told them I really liked Motorola but I hated having the same issues over and over. They asked me wheat I would like to replace it with. I said the Note 2 and they replaced it with this and it didnt re-up my contract. They just treated as a replacement phone. YAY me

#76 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I have to say that I am the master at getting my phone replaced. I recieved the JB OTA on my Droid razr maxx. Everything worked well for the first 2 days and then my phone started dropping signal and randomly rebooting. I took it to the coporate store and they looked at it and and mad a note on my account that i was having issues. They then replaced to with a brand new droid razr maxx. Same phone I know but it wasnt a factory refurb. So I brought my new phone home and promptly loaded the JB zip file through stock recovery. Sure enuf same issues happening. So I took it in the next day and told them that this new phone pulled the JB OTA again and it was having the same issues. So I told them I really liked Motorola but I hated having the same issues over and over. They asked me wheat I would like to replace it with. I said the Note 2 and they replaced it with this and it didnt re-up my contract. They just treated as a replacement phone. YAY me

I wanna do the same thing with my s3, too bad. Oh well Lol. I'm glad you got the Note 2, how you liking it so far?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#77 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Good grief... I should be so lucky. I haven't had any major issues but I did lose root(which VZW won't care about that one... they don't want us to have root anyway.) and I do have a problem of my selected ringtone being oddly changed to "unknown" ringtone at random times. Seems to happen at least once per day. I have only had one random reboot.

#78 M42duster

M42duster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Refreshing to see such a nice and honest person with oodles of integrity.
  • neckchop likes this

#79 Whipping_Post+1

Whipping_Post+1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCarlisle, PA
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr MAXX 16GB

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Guys what are the chances of claiming warranty off an ebay phone?

Only if the person that you bought the phone from never took it out of the box. I had that happen with a phone bought on Ebay. I called verizon to make sure the phone wasn't stolen etc. and found that it had just been shipped, new, a couple of weeks earlier. But I think that that situation was NOT the norm and won't entertain the idea of finding my next toy there a month after it's release. I know they started offering insurance to people with used hand sets but that's not exactly warranty. I'm pretty sure you would have pay the deductible which I thought was around $100. Ebay isn't a real good place to buy any electronics. Be glad if you have the accident insurance,

#80 robbmcinty

robbmcinty

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Google+:robbmcinty@gmail.com

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

If you own a DROID Razr or DROID RAZR Maxx and are having issues with your device after upgrading to Jelly Bean (Android 4.1.2), you may want to pay attention to this.

Verizon may replace your device (for the same model) if you're having issues with the device after upgrading to Jelly Bean. Some have even been given early upgrades. Some of the known issues are, but not limited to connectivity issues, device features (Mobile Hotspot for example), or random Verizon apps force closing.

It's great that Verizon has realized what happened and are acknowledging the issue in a way to keep their customers happy (at least it is for me). So if you are having issues, maybe you should consider taking a drive to a Verizon Corporate store. As far as I know, it's only the corporate stores doing this.

Have you had issues with your device since upgrading to Jelly Bean?

[Via:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

]

the razr i have lost all connectivity to my ext sd card and 8 of the 16 gigs of internal memory. they are replacing for free unless they think you caused the trouble by tampering with the phone. $499.00 if they decide you did

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users