• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:shannonsehlke
  • Google+:shannon.sehlke
  • LocationBowie, MD
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Can't get either stock Mobile Hotspot or Wifi Tether to work for me. Stock hangs at starting wifi hotspot.

Also the launcher seems laggy, even though it's pretty as hell. I think I will live without those circle widgets...

Other than that, great effort for a beta. Can't wait for an updated release with some of these issues resolved (I too need the email app)...

Thanks!

I renamed the HotspotLauncher.apk to HotspotLauncher.bak and then just used the Hotspot app in System Settings. Works fine for me now.

#62 mattkilla

mattkilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Google+:mattkilla420
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx xt912 , Samsung Droid Charge (FP8)

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

When i load rom slot 1 (fat free) I cant access anything on the sd card, (music, pics, etc.) I was able to restore most stuff through Google but not having access to my sd card while on safe side sucks. Or is that the way it works. I'm a bit new to all this. [/font]

Also I now understand the purpose of safe Trap is to leave the stock side alone. I flashed fat free bean last night. This is after I froze a bit of bloat on my stock. What should I do. Go back in stock and re enable bloat and try to take back k to stock? Or is it pointless to do now? Just want to be running a safe system and if that means getting stock back to stock so be it. Thanks in advance.p.s. I love this rom! i did notice with this, the battery barely charged last night. i let it drain to about 2%today and recharged and i think that did the trick. went 32% on 12 hrs today. listening to music ,wifi almost all day. impressive![/font]

android-smoking-a-joint-on-white-background-320x-42619.jpg

#63 istick

istick

• Developer
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

UPDATE - Beta 2
I swapped a few things out after noticing a touch of lag with the RAZR M launcher. Much happier with this setup, and I should be able to release smaller update packages as I mentioned now that I have most things sorted out that I wanted to get done.

Edit:
Re-uploading as I messed up when adding init.d support. Too.. many.. files.. everywhere

Edit 2: It's up.
  • HSD-Pilot and woonaval1 like this

#64 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:dunttt
  • Google+:jon36m@gmail.com
  • LocationChicago IL
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

So far out of the 3 different JB ROMs ive tried I actually like this one better :-) great job man. The only thing I changed was taking out the launcher and put in apex . I like how you have the stock browser cause I really hate all the others ive tried to adapt I really have but always seem to go back to stock . I also love that you have the new gallery already included also. Seems to be far more snappy now and thanks for including 4.2 keyboard. JB seems far worth the effort switching over in my onion . twice as fast .

#65 Xanderin

Xanderin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Twitter:xanderin
  • Google+:xanderin@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

I also experienced a GPS problem. Batakang worked, but I can't get the symbol to show up, even. Google was complaining to me about how it didn't have location access even though then slider was on and boxes checked. Do I need to have VZW services also enabled? I'll check in a min and get back.

#66 Yandroid

Yandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

I noticed there's no option for live wallpapers?

#67 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

This is an really fresh Rom dude > Different compared to the other JB Roms
BTW: I attached the GSM Patch i'm using.

Attached Files

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#68 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Just one Question...Anyone figured out how to disable the Voice, when open an Folder on Home screen? It's annoying and always stops me from using the TW Launcher...

Sent from my XT910

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#69 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChicago IL

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

I just realized Im also experiencing a GPS problem that I wasn't with other JB ROMs . I wonder what it is ? No biggies i guess . I tried deleting maps out of system folder and installing fresh that didn't work so I moved it back . Downloaded GPS fix app , seems to lock in but soon as I switch back to maps I get please enable location services so maybe it isn't necessarily a GPS issue as much as an incompatibility with Google maps problem? Otherwise it would at least pick up the 1000 ft radius or whatever . corrected: it locks it now only when turning WiFi on in combo with GPS. That's stationary. Have no clue if that will work while moving . will report back when I get more info.

#70 dbslsy

dbslsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

GOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

#71 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChicago IL

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

This is hilarious but you know what I did to just get a lock ? Used the old school method rebooted into another jb ROM got a GPS lock then immediately rebooted back into this one . seemed to work for now at least . this ROM is phenomenal other than that. Definitely on another level with the speed man. Have no idea what you did differently that seems so cleaner. No problems with auto sync either like several others. Edit: its back doing it again so I was wrong !! Lol when I need GPS since its so easy to switch ROMs in 30 seconds now its no biggie. This will STILL be my daily driver ( haha just not GPS driver) :-)

#72 LuckyPuppy

LuckyPuppy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Like the update but I'm having 2 issues. 1) gmail force closes at boot and at the app. 2) TW launcher force closes when trying to delete extra screens (only use 1 home screen). Tried rewiping and reflashing in slot 1 with same results. Like the smoothness of TW but my OCD kicks in if more than 1 screen. ;-)

Edit: gmail works after 'clear data's within app.....changed to Apex launcher...no fc's going to one screen FWIW

#73 istick

istick

• Developer
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Flash that. So I apparently deleted Location Consent. Oops.

#74 Sinju33

Sinju33

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationGeorgia (US)
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

Yay, location fix worked. Slick rom! Just wish that dang circle widget worked in 3rd party launchers :(

#75 Dueces99

Dueces99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

So, finally made the jump to SS 3.07 using matt's 1.82 utility, along with couple other guides dispersed around here, I started with 211 ICS, did the manual update to the JB leak, then used matt's utility to keep root. I then installed SS 3.07 released, backed up my "Stock ROM" (which is now the JB leak w/root 98.72.8.XT912.Verizon.en.US)

Wanting to try this beta 2 out, I activated my Slot 1(1gb Partition), did the wipes, flashed B2 and Location Fix (went smoothly), did factory/reset (force of habit), went to reboot and the dreaded black screen shows up, Recovery menu for SS shows up but after that nothing. What am I doing wrong?

#76 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

So, finally made the jump to SS 3.07 using matt's 1.82 utility, along with couple other guides dispersed around here, I started with 211 ICS, did the manual update to the JB leak, then used matt's utility to keep root. I then installed SS 3.07 released, backed up my "Stock ROM" (which is now the JB leak w/root 98.72.8.XT912.Verizon.en.US)

Wanting to try this beta 2 out, I activated my Slot 1(1gb Partition), did the wipes, flashed B2 and Location Fix (went smoothly), did factory/reset (force of habit), went to reboot and the dreaded black screen shows up, Recovery menu for SS shows up but after that nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like so far, so good ... until you rebooted. JB Roms won't boot on the .211 kernel (boot.img). Solution is to download the JB Dual Boot found here:

After turning off your phone, downloading the dual boot file, extracting the zip, just put your phone in fastboot mode, fire up the dual boot bat, and select #3 to load the JB OTA Leak Kernel. Then you should be able to run any JB rom. Likewise if you want to switch to an ICS rom, just run the dual boot bat and load the .211 kernel (or .215 if a .215 ICS rom).

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#77 Dueces99

Dueces99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

Sounds like so far, so good ... until you rebooted. JB Roms won't boot on the .211 kernel (boot.img). Solution is to download the JB Dual Boot found here:

After turning off your phone, downloading the dual boot file, extracting the zip, just put your phone in fastboot mode, fire up the dual boot bat, and select #3 to load the JB OTA Leak Kernel. Then you should be able to run any JB rom. Likewise if you want to switch to an ICS rom, just run the dual boot bat and load the .211 kernel (or .215 if a .215 ICS rom).

Not sure what I did differently, but just re-created Slot 1, Wipes, tried flashing B2/location fix again (didnt even re-download it) and all is well and went smoothly!. One thing I did do differently was in SS the first time, I added both files to flash to the same Queue in order to just flash one after the other. This was when I got the black screen, Second time I just manually flashed each file and am now setting up FFB Beta 2!! Thanks for the input though cvhovey!

#78 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChicago IL

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

http://www.batakang.com/ftp/devs/istick/ffb/locationfix.zip
Flash that. So I apparently deleted Location Consent. Oops.

I downloaded location fix , booted into safestrap 3.11 , wiped everything , flashed ROM then flashed location fix and still doing the same thing in Google maps the icon at the top left hand corner for GPS locks in and it still acts like it has no idea where I am on the map . its wierd. Anyone have any ideas? Imma try redownloading location fix and factory reset again we'll see what happens.:-) Edit: OK reflashed location fix zip only . the only way GPS picks up is if WiFi is on but something is weird because it acts like its locked in without the WiFi enabled but just sits there waiting and then says location can't be found . anyone else that flashes location fix can you please turn your WiFi off and let me know if its working for ya :-) thanks guys!

#79 istick

istick

• Developer
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

Not sure what else you could try. I didn't even load the locationconsent apk on my phone and my g-maps is working. Odd..

#80 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

Awesome job on the ROM!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2