• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:dunttt
  • Google+:jon36m@gmail.com
  • LocationChicago IL
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Not sure what else you could try. I didn't even load the locationconsent apk on my phone and my g-maps is working. Odd..

And you don't have WiFi turned on right?

Being on safestrap 3.11 is OK right?
  • dunttt likes this

#82 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

I downloaded location fix , booted into safestrap 3.11 , wiped everything , flashed ROM then flashed location fix and still doing the same thing in Google maps the icon at the top left hand corner for GPS locks in and it still acts like it has no idea where I am on the map . its wierd. Anyone have any ideas? Imma try redownloading location fix and factory reset again we'll see what happens.:-) Edit: OK reflashed location fix zip only . the only way GPS picks up is if WiFi is on but something is weird because it acts like its locked in without the WiFi enabled but just sits there waiting and then says location can't be found . anyone else that flashes location fix can you please turn your WiFi off and let me know if its working for ya :-) thanks guys!

I have Wi-Fi off. I've flashed the location zip and I use the clocksync app. I achieve an almost instant lock even inside a building.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#83 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Couple of screen shots

Attached Files

• ballsnaps, Edward_htownrazr and Sinju33 like this

#84 mattkilla

mattkilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Google+:mattkilla420
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx xt912 , Samsung Droid Charge (FP8)

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

do you not have to flash the gapps.zip everytime?or do i just do b2.zip and location.zip? Im still runnning beta 1 and one thing i noticed. I charged all night on the ROM. it was at 95% when i rebooted and activated stock slot. in stock my battery was 67% . this was all within about 3 minutes of each other. Does it drain that much battery to switch roms or is there something up? FWIW i am using power toggles with the 1%hack on both roms.
  • kenbrownstone likes this

android-smoking-a-joint-on-white-background-320x-42619.jpg

#85 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChicago IL

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

Booted back into stock just to see if maybe there was a problem with GPS in general in this area but its working instantly . Idk bro I'll keep using it though just when I need GPS ill reboot Into another ROM. I really wish I could figure it out . Ive reformatted twice wiped wiped flashed rebooted all that stuff , even tried updating Google maps , tried taking out of system folder , other stuff so I'm at loss :-) it acts like it locks In instantly but its actually just picking up the wireless networks from around because its got the huge circle instead of the pinpointed location. I even uninstalled safe strap 2.11 and put back on 3.07 thinking maybe that was it but no go.

#86 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

do you not have to flash the gapps.zip everytime?or do i just do b2.zip and location.zip? Im still runnning beta 1 and one thing i noticed. I charged all night on the ROM. it was at 95% when i rebooted and activated stock slot. in stock my battery was 67% . this was all within about 3 minutes of each other. Does it drain that much battery to switch roms or is there something up? FWIW i am using power toggles with the 1%hack on both roms.

gaps are included with the update and yeah, it does drain the battery flashing roms, but that seems a little excessive.

#87 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

I'm really digging this Rom. I miss smart actions though. Anyone have the smart actions re-installer. I can't find it anywhere on this site, but I know i've seen it. I'll keep looking but if someone can post the link I'd appreciate it.
Posted Image

#88 Sinju33

Sinju33

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationGeorgia (US)
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

I'm really digging this Rom. I miss smart actions though. Anyone have the smart actions re-installer. I can't find it anywhere on this site, but I know i've seen it. I'll keep looking but if someone can post the link I'd appreciate it.

Its available on the Play Store... that's where I got mine back.

#89 mechatricity

mechatricity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

You likely won't maintain accurate stats switching between ROMs.

This rom is looking great btw!

#90 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Its available on the Play Store... that's where I got mine back.

Nope. Play store version does not give you the ability to turn off cellular data.
Posted Image

#91 r3flux

r3flux

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:reddy2go

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Since I just uninstalled SS3 and installed BMM instead, is there any way to install this via BMM?

#92 jbartolovich

jbartolovich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCleveland Area
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

Running very smooth.

#93 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Can't get GoSMS to vibrate on incoming message no matter what I've tried. Anyone else having this problem.
Posted Image

#94 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChicago IL

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Ahh man !! I just realized when formatting again that there's a seperate Google apps location toggle that has to be enabled separate from just normal location toggles . Wow I feel like an idiot now !! I'm so sorry ! No sleep is really taking its toll on me :-) great ROM man so freaking fast and smooth couldn't ask for a better alpha as far as I am concerned this is ready to be the greatest JB ROM !

#95 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Ahh man !! I just realized when formatting again that there's a seperate Google apps location toggle that has to be enabled separate from just normal location toggles....

You ain't the only one.... ;)

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#96 istick

istick

• Developer
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

That would explain why mine works even without locationconsent.apk. I'll leave it up, but I'm taking it out of the OP and adding that little advice in. Thanks for figuring it out because I couldn't replicate the issue no matter what I tried.

#97 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChicago IL

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Yeah I can confirm the apk isn't needed . this new toggle at setup is completely new for jellybean I assume because I've never seen it before . its the screen with the white background . I have a bad habit of just exiting setup . something I have to get out of now with this new toggle. I would have taken a screen shot of the white background toggle screen if I had of thought lol. I don't think there's anyway to get back to that screen either or I just haven't found it in settings yet .

#98 Bavilo

Bavilo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

Yeah I can confirm the apk isn't needed . this new toggle at setup is completely new for jellybean I assume because I've never seen it before . its the screen with the white background . I have a bad habit of just exiting setup . something I have to get out of now with this new toggle. I would have taken a screen shot of the white background toggle screen if I had of thought lol. I don't think there's anyway to get back to that screen either or I just haven't found it in settings yet .

You find it by opening Google Now > Menu > Settings > Accounts > Google Location Settings
  • lifeisgood and dunttt like this

#99 LuckyPuppy

LuckyPuppy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Found myself missing the Circles so got the RAZR M apks working with this. Love the ROM.....siiiiillllllkkkkyyyy smooth!
  • Sinju33 likes this

#100 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

After some research I found out that the lack of vibration when receiving GoSMS messages is a Gosms problem on all JB roms. Go has to fix it. Downloaded Handcent sms and all is working fine. Very nice job on this rom. I'm seeing quicker battery drain than when on stock though. Maybe it's just me. Anyone else have battery life updates?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users