• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Mr-Glass

Mr-Glass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Thanks everyone for the input and links - looks like dual boot is the way to go for now.. Thanks again.. Happy New year!

#22 jmp485

jmp485

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Twitter:jmp485

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

For those that found themselves in the same situation as me (forgot to update binaries and lost root, despite using Voodoo OTA) and couldn't restore using Matt's tool, there is a thread over on XDA where guys who had similar issues with their Asus tablets lost root when moving to JB and were able to regain it using the steps in that thread. Worked for me and I am now running the JB leak with full root access, despite having lost it initially.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#23 godraistlin

godraistlin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

For those that found themselves in the same situation as me (forgot to update binaries and lost root, despite using Voodoo OTA) and couldn't restore using Matt's tool, there is a thread over on XDA where guys who had similar issues with their Asus tablets lost root when moving to JB and were able to regain it using the steps in that thread. Worked for me and I am now running the JB leak with full root access, despite having lost it initially.

How do you get it too find the device when you type in adb shell?

#24 jmp485

jmp485

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Soon if you have the correct drivers installed for your phone it should recognize it automatically

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#25 jmp485

jmp485

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

If you have the correct drivers installed for your phone it should recognize it automatically. Assuming you have it in MTP mode with debugging turned on

#26 randomcold

randomcold

I'm a virus waiting to happen.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa, Alabama

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

Going too try this later

#27 JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:JoeProcopio
  • LocationNYC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

Going too try this later

tried it, didn't find the files on my phone, and without su access in adb, can't push anything...oh well...waiting patienly...at least JB runs as smooth as any custom ics rom i ran, so i'm good for now...just have to live with ADs.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#28 buolse

buolse

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

tried it, didn't find the files on my phone, and without su access in adb, can't push anything...oh well...waiting patienly...at least JB runs as smooth as any custom ics rom i ran, so i'm good for now...just have to live with ADs.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The same on my razr(

#29 radar201

radar201

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Hi Joe,

Sorry for getting off topic but I couldn't resist myself and I had to ask... your name sounds like somebody I knew from the trading floor plus your location states NYC and was wondering if you are that same person. Did you ever work at the NYBOT and traded CT futures? If not, disregard.

I Miss being Rooted.

#30 JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:JoeProcopio
  • LocationNYC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hi Joe,

Sorry for getting off topic but I couldn't resist myself and I had to ask... your name sounds like somebody I knew from the trading floor plus your location states NYC and was wondering if you are that same person. Did you ever work at the NYBOT and traded CT futures? If not, disregard.

I Miss being Rooted.

sorry, no, I'm in video production...but my last name in Italy is like Smith in America....I know more people with my last name that AREN'T related to me than I do that are, lol. (not really, but sometimes it feels like that!)

#31 kuroespino

kuroespino

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

any updates on a root exploit for JB ? :(

#32 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to linux and exploits (and it's about to show lol) but I was curious about something...

Why wouldn't simply copying files from a rooted JB maxx to say a non-rooted maxx hd that came with JB pre-installed work, or flashing the ics kernel, system.img, preinstall.img, etc... or something along those lines onto the maxx hd?

#33 lostsoul01

lostsoul01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFrom the dark shadows of Texas
  • Current Device(s):OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

I'm digging everywhere to find something. There's a bounty out for the root exploit. Like $110.00. That's bill money. Im far from a developer and probably doing more bad than good, but its a learning experience. Lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users