• Please log in to reply
495 replies to this topic

#241 TMadd8

TMadd8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Having a freezing reboot problem with this rom when I disconnect it from the wall charger or a usb to computer and instantly hit the power buttong to bring the screen up it freezes and the bottom buttons light up but nothing else have to do a hard restart to fix the problem

I also had this happen once since updating to 1.5.

#242 jpmoo

jpmoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Having a freezing reboot problem with this rom when I disconnect it from the wall charger or a usb to computer and instantly hit the power buttong to bring the screen up it freezes and the bottom buttons light up but nothing else have to do a hard restart to fix the problem

What governor are you using? I used to have problems with stuff like that when I was playing with that stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#243 TMadd8

TMadd8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

What governor are you using? I used to have problems with stuff like that when I was playing with that stuff.

I've had this occur once with the newest version (v1.5) using the default governor pegasusq.

#244 mattwheat

mattwheat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I'm loving this ROM. Smooth fast and great theme. Not to mention apex been a fan of apex for a while.

And by the way I just wanted to say I just figured out how to reply and post with tapatalk

I've been reading all these forums for over a year now And on XDA and have learned an awful lot from you guys. There is not much I don't know how to do or fix on my RAZR maxx xt912. Thanks to all you deva on here. So again THANK YOU and now I can finally respond and participate.

#245 jpjm132003

jpjm132003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHuntington Beach

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hey guys,
I wanted to post a little something. Here is the Evolution JB 1.5 Mms.apk with the avatars removed, Mms messages justified with the appropriate side, and other little changes.

I dont have contact pictures so I like to remove the avatars from all my favorite roms Mms.apk's.

Easiest way to install would be to use an adb push
But there is also a zip that you can download and flash in Safe Strap
Enjoy!
THANKS FOR THE KICK rear end ROM HALO!
Zip:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Mms.apk:

Posted Image

#246 randomcold

randomcold

I'm a virus waiting to happen.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa, Alabama

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

I also had this happen once since updating to 1.5.

CPU sleeper maybe?

#247 jpjm132003

jpjm132003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

I downloaded Kebob's deodexed JB base, pulled out the MotCamera.apk and put it in system/app ... so now I have both the 4.2 and moto camera.

#248 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Hey guys,
I wanted to post a little something. Here is the Evolution JB 1.5 Mms.apk with the avatars removed, Mms messages justified with the appropriate side, and other little changes.

I dont have contact pictures so I like to remove the avatars from all my favorite roms Mms.apk's.

Easiest way to install would be to use an adb push
But there is also a zip that you can download and flash in Safe Strap
Enjoy!
THANKS FOR THE KICK rear end ROM HALO!
Zip:

Mms.apk:

Posted Image

Did you forget to ask my permission to use my AOSP modified Mms.apk?

#249 jpjm132003

jpjm132003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Did you forget to ask my permission to use my AOSP modified Mms.apk?

I'm sorry yes I did I'm still a noob. I'll delete it unless I have your permission to leave it.

#250 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

I'm sorry yes I did I'm still a noob. I'll delete it unless I have your permission to leave it.

For future reference always ask permission. You can leave it. No worries :-)

#251 lostsoul01

lostsoul01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFrom the dark shadows of Texas
  • Current Device(s):OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

im rooted again!!! Halo as always this is a super badas* rom..... thanks for all that you do brother... hell of a job.

#252 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Give us 10 laps :)

#253 jpjm132003

jpjm132003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

For future reference always ask permission. You can leave it. No worries :-)

Absolutely!! Thanks Halo

#254 Psychlone

Psychlone

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIn search of more light...

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

I've got a new issue.

Everything on this ROM has been working GREAT up until this morning.

The phone was very sluggish, so I cleared the running processes but it didn't help, so I figured a reboot was in order.
After the power-button press and choose Reboot, it rebooted, got to the droid loading screen and just stayed there... never moved after 20 minutes so I had to revert to a different ROM slot running Fat Free, which still works fine.

NOTHING had changed since yesterday when everything was working.

I went back into it just a bit ago, reassigned Slot1 Evolution, fixed permissions, wiped cache and dalvik, still no boot, so I went back in, flashed the ROM, wiped cache and dalvik and still no go...

Whats up???
Light in the absence of eyes illuminates nothing. Visible forms are not inherent in the world, but are granted by the act of seeing.

#255 brahmabull754

brahmabull754

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

First, I just want to say that your Evolution ROMs are my favorites; started using them on ICS and was excited to see it continued on the JB leak.

Second, is there any way to install the Favorite Contacts widget from Blur? It's one of my favorite features from stock.

#256 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

I've got a new issue.

Everything on this ROM has been working GREAT up until this morning.

The phone was very sluggish, so I cleared the running processes but it didn't help, so I figured a reboot was in order.
After the power-button press and choose Reboot, it rebooted, got to the droid loading screen and just stayed there... never moved after 20 minutes so I had to revert to a different ROM slot running Fat Free, which still works fine.

NOTHING had changed since yesterday when everything was working.

I went back into it just a bit ago, reassigned Slot1 Evolution, fixed permissions, wiped cache and dalvik, still no boot, so I went back in, flashed the ROM, wiped cache and dalvik and still no go...

Whats up???

Did you wipe data? I've been on this rom from day one. followed instructions and no problems at all. This is my main rom now :)

#257 Psychlone

Psychlone

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIn search of more light...

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Did you wipe data? I've been on this rom from day one. followed instructions and no problems at all. This is my main rom now :)

OK, here's an explicit breakdown of events.

Up until this morning, Evolution 1.5 had been working FLAWLESSLY since the 10th (or 11th - can't remember for sure what day I installed it first)
I had actually rebooted the phone a couple times after letting it settle in, and after having it fully customized to my liking (so I could make an SS backup).

This morning (11/16/2013), I get up and grab my phone, which had been doing nothing but charging via USB hooked to my computer for the previous 7 hours, and it was EXTREMELY slow... it was very unresponsive and seemed like there was something running taking up all the resources, so I killed all the processes the normal way (long-press on Home, swipe them away), but that didn't help, and the phone remained very slow to move between home screens, starting apps, etc.

I figured no big deal, I'll just reboot the phone. Long-press on the power button, choose Reboot and let it do it's thing while I went and started some coffee.
When I came back in, I was surprised to see the phone still on the Razr loading screen, so I waited a few (maybe 5 minutes) and then did a hard-off (long-press on the power button until it shuts down)
I tried powering it up again, but it got stuck in the same place, only this time I left it there for over 10 minutes thinking it had to catch up some time... but it didn't.

I went into SS and wiped Cache and Dalvik and then rebooted. Still hung in the same place during load.
I went back into SS and then restored the image I made the day before. Still hung in the same place.
Back into SS, did a Factory Reset, wiped System, wiped Cache then wiped Dalvik, then restored the same image, and it still got stuck on the same part during load.
Back into SS, repeat all the steps above, then did an advanced restore for just System from an even older image I created from a couple days back and it still hung.

I jumped over to a different ROM slot where I had Fat Free installed from the 8th, and everything worked fine.
OK, so it's Evolution only.

I go back to slot 1 (where Evolution has been), wipe it CLEAN, install Evolution 1.5 clean, go through all the motions of setting it up from scratch, back into SS, make a backup that's clean, and then do a test by restoring JUST the Data from yesterday. DEAD in the water in the same place while loading.

So, it appears that the data on my Evolution slot got corrupted somehow. I have no idea how this can even happen at all, let alone while only plugged in charging and doing nothing else...

I've since set it completely back up from scratch, restored a couple of my apps via TiBu but let Google take care of 99% of it.
Everything is working fine again for now. But I hate to have to keep wondering what happened to cause this and hoping it's not going to happen again.

Any ideas?
Anything you would have done differently or something I missed?

It's not that it's that important now, I'm up and running just fine and haven't lost anything (I'm very good at backing up...been doing this for a long time!!) ;) It just sucked to wake up to this and have 8-9 housecalls to accomplish today without my agenda, phone numbers and navigation to get there (I'm in IT and own my own computer repair business, so EVERYTHING is done with my phone)

Input is appreciated!
Light in the absence of eyes illuminates nothing. Visible forms are not inherent in the world, but are granted by the act of seeing.

#258 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

OK, here's an explicit breakdown of events.

Up until this morning, Evolution 1.5 had been working FLAWLESSLY since the 10th (or 11th - can't remember for sure what day I installed it first)
I had actually rebooted the phone a couple times after letting it settle in, and after having it fully customized to my liking (so I could make an SS backup).

This morning (11/16/2013), I get up and grab my phone, which had been doing nothing but charging via USB hooked to my computer for the previous 7 hours, and it was EXTREMELY slow... it was very unresponsive and seemed like there was something running taking up all the resources, so I killed all the processes the normal way (long-press on Home, swipe them away), but that didn't help, and the phone remained very slow to move between home screens, starting apps, etc.

I figured no big deal, I'll just reboot the phone. Long-press on the power button, choose Reboot and let it do it's thing while I went and started some coffee.
When I came back in, I was surprised to see the phone still on the Razr loading screen, so I waited a few (maybe 5 minutes) and then did a hard-off (long-press on the power button until it shuts down)
I tried powering it up again, but it got stuck in the same place, only this time I left it there for over 10 minutes thinking it had to catch up some time... but it didn't.

I went into SS and wiped Cache and Dalvik and then rebooted. Still hung in the same place during load.
I went back into SS and then restored the image I made the day before. Still hung in the same place.
Back into SS, did a Factory Reset, wiped System, wiped Cache then wiped Dalvik, then restored the same image, and it still got stuck on the same part during load.
Back into SS, repeat all the steps above, then did an advanced restore for just System from an even older image I created from a couple days back and it still hung.

I jumped over to a different ROM slot where I had Fat Free installed from the 8th, and everything worked fine.
OK, so it's Evolution only.

I go back to slot 1 (where Evolution has been), wipe it CLEAN, install Evolution 1.5 clean, go through all the motions of setting it up from scratch, back into SS, make a backup that's clean, and then do a test by restoring JUST the Data from yesterday. DEAD in the water in the same place while loading.

So, it appears that the data on my Evolution slot got corrupted somehow. I have no idea how this can even happen at all, let alone while only plugged in charging and doing nothing else...

I've since set it completely back up from scratch, restored a couple of my apps via TiBu but let Google take care of 99% of it.
Everything is working fine again for now. But I hate to have to keep wondering what happened to cause this and hoping it's not going to happen again.

Any ideas?
Anything you would have done differently or something I missed?

It's not that it's that important now, I'm up and running just fine and haven't lost anything (I'm very good at backing up...been doing this for a long time!!) ;) It just sucked to wake up to this and have 8-9 housecalls to accomplish today without my agenda, phone numbers and navigation to get there (I'm in IT and own my own computer repair business, so EVERYTHING is done with my phone)

Input is appreciated!

You have me at a loss here since this is the first time I have heard of anything like this happening. Is it possible that you got a corrupt download? Maybe. Always check the MD5 against the file you download prior to flashing. Always use the steps outlined in the OP, Factory Rest, wipe cache, wipe dalvik-cache, wipe system. If you have an issue on a particular slot then I would recommend creating a fresh slot and installing from there. I have had issues with certain roms not liking certain slots on Safestrap. By the way are you using SS 3.07 or 3.11? Those are the only versions that will run the JB leak roms properly? You say that your phone was charging on the PC? Is it possible that something corrupted it that way? Who knows? There are a lot of variables here. This rom is stable and has had no such issues like this. I wish I had an answer for you on this but when 1 out of over 2000+ causes an issues like this it is very difficult to narrow it down. I'm sorry to hear about what happened. This appears to be one of those freak things that can just happen, it's phenomena. Have you tried flashing another rom to the same slot to see if it could be another issue?

#259 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

If you are restoring data or restoring anything more than just apps with Tibu then you aren't doing a fresh install :)

#260 imhowie

imhowie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Sorry if people have mentioned this stuff before, but I'm at work and don't have time to read through the whole thread. I have had two issues with this ROM. First, I can't use live wallpapers. When I go to select my wallpaper, it doesn't bring up LWP as a choice. Second, when I try to use voice search, Google now closes. Other than that, I'm really liking the ROM so far. Good work!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OTA, Jelly Bean, deodexed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users