#262 sShadowSs

sShadowSs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Google+:ny.dmitry

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

Sorry if people have mentioned this stuff before, but I'm at work and don't have time to read through the whole thread. I have had two issues with this ROM. First, I can't use live wallpapers. When I go to select my wallpaper, it doesn't bring up LWP as a choice. Second, when I try to use voice search, Google now closes. Other than that, I'm really liking the ROM so far. Good work!

Not sure about LWP but Google Now has been discussed multiple times. Uninstall Google Now (Google Search) using Titanium Backup, reboot the phone, Re-Install from Play Store.

#263 imhowie

imhowie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Not sure about LWP but Google Now has been discussed multiple times. Uninstall Google Now (Google Search) using Titanium Backup, reboot the phone, Re-Install from Play Store.

That did the trick. Thanks!

#264 imhowie

imhowie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Perhaps this Google Now issue should be posted in the "Known Issues" section of the OP if so many people have mentioned it.

#265 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Perhaps this Google Now issue should be posted in the "Known Issues" section of the OP if so many people have mentioned it.

Wasn't aware of Google Now having an issue since I never use it. When I have checked it before releasing an update it seems to work fine. It sounds like removing it with TIBU and installing the Play Store version seemed to do the trick. Some of the Google Apps 4.2 have been known to cause issues. Thanks for letting me know about this, i'll look into it and see if there is a fix for it. There will be an update in the near future for a few minor issues but i'd rather not just re-release for one thing at this point. It's more reasonable to release an update that addresses multiple concerns so everything gets dealt with at once. Some of these fixes that we do as devs require a lot of time and things need to be pushed to the testers before a release. Please be patient and know that things will get taken care of.

The Live Wallpaper app is not in this rom. Sorry.

#266 legendarydave

legendarydave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

1. Any chance of getting Motocast up on this rom?
2. Can Vehicle Mode be added or included?

Everything so far is just superb!!

This is my new DD

Groovy
  • legendarydave likes this

#267 TMadd8

TMadd8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Just a couple quick questions, Halo.

Do you plan on integrating the Volume Rocker Skip Music Track hack featured in some other ROMs (most notably in CM10)? If not, can you (or someone) point me in the direction of modding that in myself? I've tried flashing a Deodexed zip but I had no success with it (the phone also displayed the "Android is upgrading. Integrating apps # out of ###" message that delayed the boot time after rebooting from the flash procedure).

Also, do you have future plans to do more theme work, specifically inverting GMail and maybe Google Now?

I have tried installing Team Baked's inverted Gapps and have not had any success. I would appreciate any kind of advice in doing this. It's not a big deal at all if none of this is planned, as this ROM is almost completely flawless! Thanks again for the hard work and time you put into this!

#268 imhowie

imhowie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

So I just had a very strange thing happen on my phone. I installed Adblock Plus and then I restarted the phone after it initiated. When the phone booted back up, all app data was deleted. The apps were still there and system data was still there. It was just like I was opening up most of the apps for the first time again. I have never experienced this before. Just thought I'd post it here in case that is something that the ROM did and could be fixed.

Edit: Restored all apps with Titanium Backup so that I would get data and then restarted the phone and it seems to have kept app data this time, but the boot time was a lot longer than normal and it made me go through the phone setup before taking me to the home screen. Not sure what's going on here.

#269 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

So I just had a very strange thing happen on my phone. I installed Adblock Plus and then I restarted the phone after it initiated. When the phone booted back up, all app data was deleted. The apps were still there and system data was still there. It was just like I was opening up most of the apps for the first time again. I have never experienced this before. Just thought I'd post it here in case that is something that the ROM did and could be fixed.

Edit: Restored all apps with Titanium Backup so that I would get data and then restarted the phone and it seems to have kept app data this time, but the boot time was a lot longer than normal and it made me go through the phone setup before taking me to the home screen. Not sure what's going on here.

If something happens to your phone after the installation of a 3rd party app then I would suspect that app as the issue and not the rom. I would be looking at a help section on the Ad Block Plus website if they have one.

#270 gautamrao

gautamrao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

No responses at all the last time I asked, so I'm trying again: Any advice on why my phone never goes into deep sleep? My maxx barely lasts 12-15 hrs on this ROM, I would love to see that improve. Have tried different governors to no avail. The screen also seems to be using a lot of battery, I see the phone lose 5% charge in 10 mins of having the screen on. Thanks!

#271 chadted

chadted

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

I was wondering if there was a way to get back speed dial or ICE contacts with this rom.

#272 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

No responses at all the last time I asked, so I'm trying again: Any advice on why my phone never goes into deep sleep? My maxx barely lasts 12-15 hrs on this ROM, I would love to see that improve. Have tried different governors to no avail. The screen also seems to be using a lot of battery, I see the phone lose 5% charge in 10 mins of having the screen on. Thanks!

What's your screen time after 15 hours usage

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#273 mars_ill

mars_ill

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

I don't know if this has already been asked or even put into the ROM. But, is WIFI tethering built into this ROM? If not, can it be put in the next update? I LOVED Evolution when I was on the ICS kernel. Don't remember if the ICS version had WIFI tethering in it.

#274 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

I don't know if this has already been asked or even put into the ROM. But, is WIFI tethering built into this ROM? If not, can it be put in the next update? I LOVED Evolution when I was on the ICS kernel. Don't remember if the ICS version had WIFI tethering in it.

I use WiFi tether for root users. It works fine

#275 mars_ill

mars_ill

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

I use WiFi tether for root users. It works fine

Thanks!

#276 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

OK, here's an explicit breakdown of events.

Up until this morning, Evolution 1.5 had been working FLAWLESSLY since the 10th (or 11th - can't remember for sure what day I installed it first)
I had actually rebooted the phone a couple times after letting it settle in, and after having it fully customized to my liking (so I could make an SS backup).

This morning (11/16/2013), I get up and grab my phone, which had been doing nothing but charging via USB hooked to my computer for the previous 7 hours, and it was EXTREMELY slow... it was very unresponsive and seemed like there was something running taking up all the resources, so I killed all the processes the normal way (long-press on Home, swipe them away), but that didn't help, and the phone remained very slow to move between home screens, starting apps, etc.

I figured no big deal, I'll just reboot the phone. Long-press on the power button, choose Reboot and let it do it's thing while I went and started some coffee.
When I came back in, I was surprised to see the phone still on the Razr loading screen, so I waited a few (maybe 5 minutes) and then did a hard-off (long-press on the power button until it shuts down)
I tried powering it up again, but it got stuck in the same place, only this time I left it there for over 10 minutes thinking it had to catch up some time... but it didn't.

I went into SS and wiped Cache and Dalvik and then rebooted. Still hung in the same place during load.
I went back into SS and then restored the image I made the day before. Still hung in the same place.
Back into SS, did a Factory Reset, wiped System, wiped Cache then wiped Dalvik, then restored the same image, and it still got stuck on the same part during load.
Back into SS, repeat all the steps above, then did an advanced restore for just System from an even older image I created from a couple days back and it still hung.

I jumped over to a different ROM slot where I had Fat Free installed from the 8th, and everything worked fine.
OK, so it's Evolution only.

I go back to slot 1 (where Evolution has been), wipe it CLEAN, install Evolution 1.5 clean, go through all the motions of setting it up from scratch, back into SS, make a backup that's clean, and then do a test by restoring JUST the Data from yesterday. DEAD in the water in the same place while loading.

So, it appears that the data on my Evolution slot got corrupted somehow. I have no idea how this can even happen at all, let alone while only plugged in charging and doing nothing else...

I've since set it completely back up from scratch, restored a couple of my apps via TiBu but let Google take care of 99% of it.
Everything is working fine again for now. But I hate to have to keep wondering what happened to cause this and hoping it's not going to happen again.

Any ideas?
Anything you would have done differently or something I missed?

It's not that it's that important now, I'm up and running just fine and haven't lost anything (I'm very good at backing up...been doing this for a long time!!) ;) It just sucked to wake up to this and have 8-9 housecalls to accomplish today without my agenda, phone numbers and navigation to get there (I'm in IT and own my own computer repair business, so EVERYTHING is done with my phone)

Input is appreciated!

Dude, this is SO creepy because I had almost the EXACT same thing happen to me when I had my Razr. Once on Flick and once on...Eclipse. Super strange and almost un-explainable It was like the ONLY thing that would rectify the problem was a complete wipe and re-setup. Super weird. Almost hocus pocus in a way. But one thing I've learned from my several years with Android is that sometimes weird crap happens to JUST me and NO ONE else. And the ONLY explanation after hours and hours of testing and uninstalling and re-installing is that it's just that: some weird-assed gremlin that reared its ugly head on ME this time and never came back again. I know this sounds insane, but I've here/done this and there has NEVER been any logical explanation for it. Happy everything is working 100% for you again, either way :D

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#277 zonedout44

zonedout44

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr xt912

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Great ROM! Thanks a lot for putting it up here :D

#278 sh4d0w1021

sh4d0w1021

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

im having a problem with google now force closing. is there a fix for this

#279 TMadd8

TMadd8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

im having a problem with google now force closing. is there a fix for this

Uninstall using Titanium Backup. Reboot. Install from Google Play. This has been asked about several times in this thread.

#280 nocturnalsixer

nocturnalsixer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Sweet going try this now

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OTA, Jelly Bean, deodexed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users