Bratster2

IDK what I am

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL on Google Fi

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

A fellow Bionic owner from the Central Coast! I'm a Cal Poly, SLO grad now living just 20 minutes south of you in Arroyo Grande. I can say that since ICS (both leaks and OTA) I've had pretty solid data in AG and SLO when I visit. The only place in our area that gives me trouble is Hwy 101 around Nipomo. Granted, when I'm up in SLO, I'm usually downtown eating at Firestone's or running around town, so I don't hammer on the LTE too much, but next time I'm up there, I'll check it as much as I can.
-I would consider ANOTHER SIM card only because it's a cheap and easy fix.
-I would've recommended an FXZ, but sounds like that already went down (did you FXZ .246 or did you FXZ GB before ICS was out? Try .946 FXZ if you haven't).
-Are there any areas in town where it's worse, or is it random?
-If you ever go to Pismo, AG, Grover Beach, etc check your 4g there and let me know how it is for you. Solid for me.

Good luck, let me know how else I can help.

Always nice to see another local :-)
Yes I did fxz .246 and wiped the sdcard, fresh start didn't restore data or anything. I even got a second bionic cheap and fxz that aswell, same problem.
But its been the same sim from the horrible 905 gingerbread update, so it is on my list to get a new one when I have time to go to verizion.

#22 Brutus06

Brutus06

Drunken Monk Brewery

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Google+:leereitz12@gmail.com
  • LocationSouth Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Bionic(retired), Lenovo Tablet, Moto G

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

When 4g first came to Chicago I had perfect data, never dropped and was always fast. Nowadays it's almost useless in Chicago but works fine in Milwaukee, just an hour north. I travel for work all over the country and can tell you not all Verizon 4g is the same.

If what I have heard is true, then it could be due to the 4G using the old analog TV towers. Which means they aren't all the same..

#23 Bratster2

Bratster2

IDK what I am

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL on Google Fi

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Well I finally got a new sim... Fml same problem. I'm going to be on a trip some hours away from home so ill see if it gets better with location.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users