Photo

[ROM][CDMA/GSM][3-7] ★ Jellywiz RLS7 ★ I S3 Touchwiz I Rom Control I Mods I PIE I FAST I ★

• Please log in to reply
1887 replies to this topic

#1841 crashdogy

crashdogy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

OK just tried installing RLS7  gets to boot strap then gos black for a bit then restarts all over help

#1842 crashdogy

crashdogy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

never mind fix it 

#1843 mjmellin

mjmellin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:mjmellin
  • Google+:mjmellin@gmail.com

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

I installed this ROM but now can't seem to access ROOT apps. Any idea?

#1844 Mistah

Mistah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

Update super user<br /><br />Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

#1845 mjmellin

mjmellin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:mjmellin
  • Google+:mjmellin@gmail.com

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

I actually had to use the RAZR_BLADE utility and reapply root. LMT is still crashing though :-(

#1846 Mistah

Mistah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

OP has the fix for lmt force closing<br /><br /><br /><br />

#1847 jch1993

jch1993

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RaZr

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:01 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This looks promising :)

#1848 poboy975

poboy975

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:@durlon
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/101108978688444895068
  • LocationDFW, Texas
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

I keep coming back to this rom.

I installed to stock .16 ota update, and it's ok at first, but it starts lagging really bad after a day or so, and the battery life is very meh, and I've got a Razr Maxx. I then tried CM10, and again it was ok at first, but it too started lagging really bad after a day or so, and again, the battery life was just ok, better than stock, but  not really by much. Then I come back to Jellywiz and my battery is phenomenal again, its fast, I've had it for almost a week now and it's not laggy, (except in the chrome browser, but I think that is the browser issue, not the rom). I'm hoping Rootuser is able to have time to release a new version for .16. I still love this rom.

I did have to use Razr Blade to reroot, and I also did the lmt fix, both worked great.

The only thing I had a problem with, is my apps did not automatically start downloading when I signed into my google account on the phone. I had to use TiBu to restore the apps.

• Rootuser94 likes this

#1849 crashdogy

crashdogy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

no GPS lock on RLS7 also when trying to update with OTA get error invalid rom jellywizrom & device cdma_spyder combo ?

#1850 Mistah

Mistah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

I did a fix permissions in recovery and it fixed my gps issues<br />

#1851 Finalchrono

Finalchrono

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

I loved this rom. It had the best battery life and was pretty damn fast for a touchwiz rom. Then after a couple of weeks everything just started to go down hill.

So this rom was extremely fast when I first installed it and for a couple weeks it was running great. Then all of a sudden it decided to get very laggy on everything. Just scrolling through apps would have a delay of about 2 seconds before changing pages. Starting tethering became a chore and often times was so slow to start that my laptop would be connected but not actually have an internet connection until 5 minutes later. I have no idea what happened, but if there's some sort of very small memory leak or something then I don't know if I should keep using this ROM. 

The battery life also began to slowly lose it's resilience. I used to be able to not charge the phone for ~2-3 days, now I have to charge it on a daily basis. Also, randomly out of the blue, SU stopped working properly. I had a good couple of apps on the approved list for admin access, but one day I added a new app that asked for access and it said it could not gain access. I checked SU and it said there's an update, so I tried to download the update and it failed. I tried fixing permissions and installing a different SU app, but still the ROM was acting like I was not rooted. I switched back to stock and sure enough i'm still rooted there. What happened?

If the dev does decide to update the ROM, he may want to look into long term testing. I have no problem re-flashing the rom to fix the issue, just thought I would give my 2 cents.

#1852 joshxdroid

joshxdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

I loved this rom. It had the best battery life and was pretty damn fast for a touchwiz rom. Then after a couple of weeks everything just started to go down hill.

So this rom was extremely fast when I first installed it and for a couple weeks it was running great. Then all of a sudden it decided to get very laggy on everything. Just scrolling through apps would have a delay of about 2 seconds before changing pages. Starting tethering became a chore and often times was so slow to start that my laptop would be connected but not actually have an internet connection until 5 minutes later. I have no idea what happened, but if there's some sort of very small memory leak or something then I don't know if I should keep using this ROM. 

The battery life also began to slowly lose it's resilience. I used to be able to not charge the phone for ~2-3 days, now I have to charge it on a daily basis. Also, randomly out of the blue, SU stopped working properly. I had a good couple of apps on the approved list for admin access, but one day I added a new app that asked for access and it said it could not gain access. I checked SU and it said there's an update, so I tried to download the update and it failed. I tried fixing permissions and installing a different SU app, but still the ROM was acting like I was not rooted. I switched back to stock and sure enough i'm still rooted there. What happened?

If the dev does decide to update the ROM, he may want to look into long term testing. I have no problem re-flashing the rom to fix the issue, just thought I would give my 2 cents.

Sounds like a fluke to me, I have personally used jellywiz for months on end without any long term problems. I would reflash if I were you.

sent from og razr running liquid smooth android 4.2 and customized with sslauncher

#1853 joshxdroid

joshxdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Double

#1854 nybelle

nybelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

FWIW, I've had the same experience. Holding out for an update, but it's getting to be pretty excruciating!

#1855 digdug1

digdug1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Can anyone post a mirror to this rom? The link in the op is dead :(

#1856 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Wow..

#1857 digdug1

digdug1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

¿¿

#1858 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

I just tried the Rom link and it works now...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#1859 bradg24

bradg24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:53 AM

Erase.

#1860 bradg24

bradg24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:53 AM

If you took the ota update how do you downgrade to get this to work? Kinda new on the razr

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users