DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

is there apk manager for mac lol? if no how can i do this from a mac

See my post a few back. I build on a Mac.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#42 jtclarke

jtclarke

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBFE Virginia

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

I've been trying to use the apktool and keep getting random errors when trying to recompile the .apk. I'm using a windows machine. Is there possibly another way to decompile and recompile .apk's such as blurphone.apk and settings.apk?

#43 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

I've been trying to use the apktool and keep getting random errors when trying to recompile the .apk. I'm using a windows machine. Is there possibly another way to decompile and recompile .apk's such as blurphone.apk and settings.apk?

See below....although I am confused by this a little. Maybe it will make more sense to you. I put apktool.bat, apktool.jar, and aapt.exe in root of my phone and tried to type the commands in terminal emulator and got stuck. Didn't work. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong as usual. :P

If you just download the 3 files(apktool, apktool.jar and aapt) and give them root permissions, you can use Terminal. Much easier. In terminal type

Apktool install framework framework-res.apk

Apktool install framework moto-res.apk

Apktool install framework blur-res.apk

You will now see a apktool folder with 3 folders in them 1 2 3.

Grab the apk you want to decompike, drop it in the /home folder and in terminal type.

Apktool d filename.apk out

It will be in /home/out

To recompile in terminal type

cd out
Apktool b

It will recompile.

:)

#44 jtclarke

jtclarke

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBFE Virginia

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

Ok finally got apktool to work right. Blurphone.apk is still giving me trouble. Settings worked just fine that way.

#45 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

If you just download the 3 files(apktool, apktool.jar and aapt) and give them root permissions, you can use Terminal. Much easier. In terminal type

Apktool install framework framework-res.apk

Apktool install framework moto-res.apk

Apktool install framework blur-res.apk

You will now see a apktool folder with 3 folders in them 1 2 3.

Grab the apk you want to decompike, drop it in the /home folder and in terminal type.

Apktool d filename.apk out

It will be in /home/out

To recompile in terminal type

cd out
Apktool b

It will recompile.

:)

I'm assuming this is for Mac? I hate to be that guy, but is there any way you can dumb this down a little more. I have tried to follow this every way I know how, but I have a PC. Help please. :D

#46 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

is there apk manager for mac lol? if no how can i do this from a mac

ummm...dont know on mac.....create a virtual machine with windows and run it :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#47 jtclarke

jtclarke

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBFE Virginia

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

I'm assuming this is for Mac? I hate to be that guy, but is there any way you can dumb this down a little more. I have tried to follow this every way I know how, but I have a PC. Help please. :D

It's not just for MAC. I'm running it now. If you google it you can find the actual page for downloads. Getting it installed is kind of tricky because most of the files have to be run from your windows folder on the C drive. Can be a little cluttered but it does work pretty well. It will let you decompile and recompile most files because it allows you to install the framework files. Still can't do it with BlurPhone.apk though, which is what I'm fighting desperately with.

#48 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

It's not just for MAC. I'm running it now. If you google it you can find the actual page for downloads. Getting it installed is kind of tricky because most of the files have to be run from your windows folder on the C drive. Can be a little cluttered but it does work pretty well. It will let you decompile and recompile most files because it allows you to install the framework files. Still can't do it with BlurPhone.apk though, which is what I'm fighting desperately with.

I actually am able to decomplie and recompile blur phone and dialer now. I have no clue how though. I tried a lot of different ways.

#49 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Once the compiling is complete the Script.bat will return to normal, and you will have a new apk in the modding folder. “unsignedframework-res.apk
Choose option 12 in Script.apk
This will sign the apk.

I have been reading other places that you do not do this with "system" apps? I have been signing all of the apps after recompiling, is that bad?

#50 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

Ive always signed all apps and never ran into a problem. So bad...I wouldnt say so.

but to each their own. If you dont want to sign, then dont and see if it works. Your never know until you try. :)

If anything it might be a extra step that is not necessary
I got into the habit when I was doing things with CM and the themechooser.apk---which you have to sign!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

#51 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

I tried with framework-res, not signing, and seeme to be working fine. I will sign them all though. Can't hurt to be safe.

BTW, I am making my own 1% battery right now. Growning a whole new appreciation for the work you di on the other one. LOL

#52 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

Ummm.... With all you up and coming themers... I may be out of a job before too long. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

#53 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

Ummm.... With all you up and coming themers... I may be out of a job before too long. :)

No way, it just means more great theme options for our phones. You can never have to many flashing options. :D

#54 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

I can definitely vouch for the quality of 24v's work.

#55 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

I can definitely vouch for the quality of 24v's work.

I haven't got to try it personally, but I have seen the screens and heard the reviews of 24v's work. In the words of Barney it is legend wait for it....... ary!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#56 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

I haven't got to try it personally, but I have seen the screens and heard the reviews of 24v's work. In the words of Barney it is legend wait for it....... ary!

LOL!! Trust me. He'll be rocking the "Legend" title in no time. ;)

#57 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

LOL!! Trust me. He'll be rocking the "Legend" title in no time.

I have that sixth sense and I can see it too.

When I get a new box I want to learn to dev and theme, but i doubt i can keep with him, hacker, DT, bignadad, DroidJunk, and the likes..

But that new box is a long ways off...

#58 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

Just a little tip that I would add that I haven't seen on this post yet that would assist some beginner themers:

You only need to decompile if you're making XML or Smali edits. If you are simply replacing images with ones you made, or porting a theme over (with permission of course) then you only need to extract the apk which is Option 3.

#59 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

OK i have to try this out. I may turn out to be the next Bignadad, 24v, or mud and make some cool themes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2
  • lightsword likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#60 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

The images are the easy part. The real fun starts when you get into xml's. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users