Photo

[Recovery] Droid Razr Bootstrap Recovery *updated 2/8/12

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#141 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

I thought you had successfully restored a backup you made running the ics leak? Or are you referring to using a nandroid (ics leak) to install a fresh copy of the leak from 173?

I can now say that I have in fact successfully restored a backup. Just have to delete the su-backup file that is in /system first. Using the Root Keeper app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#142 ddemlong

ddemlong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

I can now say that I have in fact successfully restored a backup. Just have to delete the su-backup file that is in /system first. Using the Root Keeper app.

delete the one in the backup file u mean?

Droid RAZR Rooted

#143 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

In the root directory

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#144 ddemlong

ddemlong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Hey I tried to restore after deleting the SU in System (of the backup) however when I tried to flash I was getting MD5 sum errors. Did you ever get these?
Droid RAZR Rooted

#145 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

Hey I tried to restore after deleting the SU in System (of the backup) however when I tried to flash I was getting MD5 sum errors. Did you ever get these?

You don't delete the SU folder if that's what you did. If you used Voodoo Root Keeper to backup and restore your root when you were installing the leak, you need to use that same app to delete the "su-backup" file. If you made a nand backup while that file was still in you're /system directory, then you deleted the file, you cannot try to restore that nand backup or else your md5 sum will not match.

#146 ddemlong

ddemlong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

You don't delete the SU folder if that's what you did. If you used Voodoo Root Keeper to backup and restore your root when you were installing the leak, you need to use that same app to delete the "su-backup" file. If you made a nand backup while that file was still in you're /system directory, then you deleted the file, you cannot try to restore that nand backup or else your md5 sum will not match.

I wasn't on the leak. I was on eclipse trying to back to .173 and still can't get restore to work
Droid RAZR Rooted

#147 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

I wasn't on the leak. I was on eclipse trying to back to .173 and still can't get restore to work

Restore never worked for Gingerbread as far as I know.

#148 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Restore never worked for Gingerbread as far as I know.

It worked when it wanted to from my experience. I had to advance restore to get it to actually work correctly most of the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#149 ddemlong

ddemlong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

It worked when it wanted to from my experience. I had to advance restore to get it to actually work correctly most of the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Even in advanced for me it never has worked. The only restore i was ever able to do was on. 748. Every single .173 fails.
Droid RAZR Rooted

#150 ixoye777

ixoye777

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

I am not understanding how to use the "RazrBootstrap.apk" file that is linked here and a few other places I have seen. Everyone I have d/l is a .zip file and when extracted gives me what is shown in the screenshot. How do I use that? Every other .apk file I have used is a single file with the .apk extension and I just open it using a file manager.

EDIT: NM just realized I copy the whole zip file without extracting it!
Posted Image

#151 spyder

spyder

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

Has anyone attempted this with the LATEST OTA update?? I'm TOTALLY frustrated, took me 2 days to get all back, because NONE of the Safestrap or Bootstraps I've used were compatible with it, so I lost signal when I tried a restore on the Bootstrap (Not Nitros).

Then Safestrap, which also gave you option of CWR on boot, when I put on the update, I lost that original screen.

I am VERY LEERY about trying anything that isn't confirmed on the latest update?

ANY INPUT APPRECIATED....THANKS.....SPYDER / JEFF

#152 robertotg

robertotg

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

Hi,

Does not work on my Motorola XT928... it stops on Motorola Sign (the big 'M' in red circle).

Can You help me with this issue?

#153 spyder

spyder

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

928 is an early release, I would GUESS that the problem here is with the app? Try a different one?

Let me know, then I'll know to look further or not?

#154 b419kid

b419kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hey all,
I currently have a Droid Razr Maxx running Eclipse v1.3 (bootstrap). My bootstrap application is on version 1.0.0.3 ---> how can I upgrade it to this (2.0)? Is that truly necessary?

[System Version- 6.12.173.XT912]

#155 matienso10

matienso10

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hi Guys, Thanks for the Post. i´ve an issue . Can you help me?
i´ve been installed RazrBootstrap v2.apk; but it does´t have support for Internal Backup.
This is the error that appear. "can´t mount /sdcar"

Please your support

Thanks in advance

#156 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Has anyone attempted this with the LATEST OTA update?? I'm TOTALLY frustrated, took me 2 days to get all back, because NONE of the Safestrap or Bootstraps I've used were compatible with it, so I lost signal when I tried a restore on the Bootstrap (Not Nitros).

Then Safestrap, which also gave you option of CWR on boot, when I put on the update, I lost that original screen.

I am VERY LEERY about trying anything that isn't confirmed on the latest update?

ANY INPUT APPRECIATED....THANKS.....SPYDER / JEFF

There is an ICS specific bootstrap... lemme grab the link real quick...

[ my name is Jonas ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#157 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[ my name is Jonas ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#158 robfowler31

robfowler31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Locationmissouri

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

I feel stuoid here but how do I flash this? I noticed it was an apk file so i am not sure what to do. In the past I have always just pushed a recovery.img file to my xoom for the cwm recovery.

Any help is appreciated! :

An .apk file is an app you can install thru a file manager...

Sent from my DROIDRAZR

#159 matienso10

matienso10

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hi Guys, Thanks for the Post. i´ve an issue . Can you help me?
i´ve been installed RazrBootstrap v2.apk; but it does´t have support for Internal Backup.

This is the error that appear. "can´t mount /sdcar"

Note; I have an Internar SD, in th option 6 "backup and Restore" not appear Internal Backup

Please your support

Thanks in advance

#160 robfowler31

robfowler31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Locationmissouri

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

I'm pretty sure you're always supposed to put the things you flash on the ext-sd card, otherwise it wont work...

Sent from my DROIDRAZR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users