#21 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

I would def rather keep my unlimited data, however a whole back ago I read something that even if you pay full retail for a new phone (upgrade) Verizon may or may not switch you to a tiered data plan since there is no contract preventing them from doing so. Not sure this is true, again its something I read about 2 months ago. So it sounds like either way we may be (and I stress the 'may be') switched to a tiered data whether we like it or not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#22 RHChan84

RHChan84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter:rchan84
  • LocationMedford, Ma

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

From what I was told, it's like buying a phone off ebay or craigslist, you pay full price and they input the new IMEI but we all know how VZW reps are. Some tell you A and some tell you B and some tell you Z-A=M and so on.
Droid RAZR MAXX (JB/Rooted)

#23 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

The Share everything plans cost for me if I switch over and I lose unlimited.

It would cost me a little over $25/month more for the shared data and I have to watch what I do since it was the 16GB shared between me (I use 10GB/month), my finance (1.5GB/Month), father (1.5GB/month) and my MiFi (4GB/month) and my mother (dumbphone). Over a period of 20 months contract it will cost me $500 more then what I have now and then a phone is $300ish so that's a total of $800 more whereas I buy a phone outright and pay $700ish and keep unlimited.

Hotel and airport wifi are crazy expensive as well. I just turn on my MiFi and I have internet there and not worry.

gotcha. i was just confused since you threw in some numbers that don't show up on the share everything plan.

#24 RHChan84

RHChan84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter:rchan84
  • LocationMedford, Ma

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

VZW advertise 2-4-6-8-10GB plans but there are 12-14-16-18-20 GB plans that are not advertise and you have to ask them to see the prices
Droid RAZR MAXX (JB/Rooted)

#25 eyeballcrusher13

eyeballcrusher13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

I would def rather keep my unlimited data, however a whole back ago I read something that even if you pay full retail for a new phone (upgrade) Verizon may or may not switch you to a tiered data plan since there is no contract preventing them from doing so. Not sure this is true, again its something I read about 2 months ago. So it sounds like either way we may be (and I stress the 'may be') switched to a tiered data whether we like it or not.

I heard this as well, however, I had a Maxx that I sold on clist and bought an S3 from a friend (he got an i-crap thru work) but after a couple weeks I missed the Maxx so back to clist I went and found a guy that wanted to trade a 3day old Maxx for an S3, made the trade popped in my sim, still have unlimited data. To make a long story short, they can tier your data but aren't going to without your knowledge, not like you'll get your bill one month and they'll be a bunch of overages. when my contact is up in a little over a year, I will most likely switch to t mobiles no contact unlimited as I live in an area where they pretty much use Verizons towers anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#26 Furthestprism

Furthestprism

Tank Rat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • Current Device(s):Yes

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

I heard this as well, however, I had a Maxx that I sold on clist and bought an S3 from a friend (he got an i-crap thru work) but after a couple weeks I missed the Maxx so back to clist I went and found a guy that wanted to trade a 3day old Maxx for an S3, made the trade popped in my sim, still have unlimited data. To make a long story short, they can tier your data but aren't going to without your knowledge, not like you'll get your bill one month and they'll be a bunch of overages. when my contact is up in a little over a year, I will most likely switch to t mobiles no contact unlimited as I live in an area where they pretty much use Verizons towers anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

I've heard of them "changing plans without customer knowledge-" apparently some customers get so irate over losing their unlimited, some Vzw stores are letting customers walk out without informing them their plan changed after upgrading. Currently, I pay $170/month for unlimited data on two phones. I plan to use only ubsubsidized phones for the time being... Until another company can provide almost comparable service for a much better price.

I refuse. 

uploadfromtaptalk1404894178520.jpg

#27 xpack90

xpack90

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Last month I used 6 gb so I dont think I could afford to give it up

#28 scottysize

scottysize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:scottysize
  • Google+:scottysize
  • LocationSanger, TX

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I use 25-30 GB per month. No way I can give up unlimited.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

RAZR No Longer.  Currently running the LG G2 and HTC One (M8)

Time for Moto to update the line!

#29 djhbomber1

djhbomber1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr, Razr MAXX HD

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Would you give up your unlimited data plan in order to save $30/ month. I've never used more than 2Gigs. Hate to do it but I feel like I'm peeing $360/ yr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I got rid of my home internet to cut down costs, and don't have cable. Verizon is now my source of home and mobile internet, as well as TV. I torrent most of my media now and use Netflix for the rest, all tethered from my phone (which is a battery killer; thank God for the 3,300mAh battery on the Maxx HD!) I save around $70/month by not paying for cable or home internet, and upwards of $900/month by keeping my grandfathered unlimited plan. At $70 saving less the $30 I pay for unlimited data every month, after 1.5 years I've saved enough to purchase an off-contract phone!

TL;DR: No.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users