• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

I did it and this what it says:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>adb devices
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Windows\system32>

#362 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

You need to change to the folder where you extracted the utility. adb will be in there.

#363 Dream2112

Dream2112

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Ok how do I do that?

#364 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Can you find your way to the chatroom?

#365 msumhaq

msumhaq

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[Xt926]
How To Root Your Hd [Xt926]

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you very much for your help. I followed the instructions as provided in the link for rooting my HD. It worked like a charm. Perfect!
I am impressed with the overwhelming help by all of you in this forum

#366 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Sorry I forgot adb was integrated into the utility. Sorry long night at work lol.

#367 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Sorry I forgot adb was integrated into the utility. Sorry long night at work lol.

All good tmyinc, you always give excellent advice :)

#368 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Thank you very much for your help. I followed the instructions as provided in the link for rooting my HD. It worked like a charm. Perfect!
I am impressed with the overwhelming help by all of you in this forum

Glad you got it figured out. Enjoy!

#369 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

All good tmyinc, you always give excellent advice :)

Thanks I try. Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing more harm then good lol. I'm glad you are always there to help too.

#370 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

I did it and this what it says:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:Windowssystem32>adb devices
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:Windowssystem32>

Ok than go to where you placed the utility and hold shift while you right click on the folder. Than left click on 'open commands window here' than type adb devices. If it shows your serial number, I'm not sure why the utility isn't working if you followed the steps. If nothing is listed under attached devices than i think it's drivers that aren't installing correctly or not updated

#371 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

I had Dream2112 in the chatroom last night for a while. My recommendation (not to be a tool) was if you cant find the folder where you extracted the utility and dont know how to cd into the directory, then maybe we shouldnt be rooting your phone. He seemed to agree and left the room shortly thereafter.

Wasnt looking to be a tool, but some things need to be understood before hacking at your phone.
  • Redalert likes this

#372 dtomlin

dtomlin

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

I had Dream2112 in the chatroom last night for a while. My recommendation (not to be a tool) was if you cant find the folder where you extracted the utility and dont know how to cd into the directory, then maybe we shouldnt be rooting your phone. He seemed to agree and left the room shortly thereafter.

Wasnt looking to be a tool, but some things need to be understood before hacking at your phone.

Total agreement.

Tapped from Dave's RAZR

• Redalert likes this

#373 wizgti03

wizgti03

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

The root isnt working for me... i have done everything that it says... it goes through the process but i get * link failed No such file or directory. it still reboots my phone and goes through everything... can anyone help me out...

#374 loonee2n

loonee2n

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

I went through this entire thread and my question was already asked, but I never saw a clear answer, so I'll state it my way. I have a RAZR MAXX. I installed the JB leak and used the root technique, so I'm JB and rooted with SuperSU.

1. The only reason I rooted was to get wi-fi tether. If I just rooted and didn't load any custom ROMs, do I need to do a nandroid or backup? I figure I can just re-flash the JB leak, but I'd like confirmation of that.

2. With the talk of the official JB coming out soon, do I need to unroot to install it, and how do I unroot? I see that SuperSU has a full unroot option so will that take me back to unrooted stock?

#375 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

I went through this entire thread and my question was already asked, but I never saw a clear answer, so I'll state it my way. I have a RAZR MAXX. I installed the JB leak and used the root technique, so I'm JB and rooted with SuperSU.

1. The only reason I rooted was to get wi-fi tether. If I just rooted and didn't load any custom ROMs, do I need to do a nandroid or backup? I figure I can just re-flash the JB leak, but I'd like confirmation of that.

2. With the talk of the official JB coming out soon, do I need to unroot to install it, and how do I unroot? I see that SuperSU has a full unroot option so will that take me back to unrooted stock?

1. You never need to do a backup, it's just recommended.

2. I would recommend OTA Rootkeeper whenever you upgrade OTA. It has a temp unroot/protect root option that should let you retain root through and OTA. As long as you don't make any changes to the default system/apps. You said be able to unroot and take OTA without issues.

Hope that helped clear up your questions.

Sent from RAZR Maxx FlyingJelly

• loonee2n likes this

#376 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

IMHO, you should create a backup. Reflashing the JB leak will get you up and running again if need be but you'll be starting all over again. A backup made in safestrap is more or less a complete image of your setup. If you should happen to run into a problem of some sort you can just boot to safestrap and restore the backup you made and you'll be right back where you were at the time you made the backup. All settings, apps the whole works will be just as it was when the backup was made. Much easier than having to set the whole phone up again. Just my two cents worth. :)
  • loonee2n likes this

#377 loonee2n

loonee2n

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

1. You never need to do a backup, it's just recommended.

2. I would recommend OTA Rootkeeper whenever you upgrade OTA. It has a temp unroot/protect root option that should let you retain root through and OTA. As long as you don't make any changes to the default system/apps. You said be able to unroot and take OTA without issues.

Hope that helped clear up your questions.

Sent from RAZR Maxx FlyingJelly

Thank you, I'll check out OTA rootkeeper. What about in the situation that the phone breaks and I have to send it back to my carrier? Am I screwed or is there an unroot method to get it back to stock to avoid warranty voiding?

IMHO, you should create a backup. Reflashing the JB leak will get you up and running again if need be but you'll be starting all over again. A backup made in safestrap is more or less a complete image of your setup. If you should happen to run into a problem of some sort you can just boot to safestrap and restore the backup you made and you'll be right back where you were at the time you made the backup. All settings, apps the whole works will be just as it was when the backup was made. Much easier than having to set the whole phone up again. Just my two cents worth. :)

Thanks for the info. Is Safestrap the recovery menu or is it an app? I'll look into backing it up, but I'm one of those people that doesn't mind starting from scratch. My theory is that if there's something wrong that makes me have to go to a backup then it might be a problem caused by something I loaded or set before the backup and the backup will just have the same problem in it. Google Play makes it stupid simple to reload all the apps I have, plus I have most everything associated with my phone on a cloud somewhere.

#378 loonee2n

loonee2n

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

Disregard last response. I know what Safestrap is now. I will definitely consider this.

#379 jimd1050

jimd1050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

First, I have no ideawhy I even want to do this because I am loving Team SpeedCore's TripleCore 2.5 and should have no reason to change. However, I am in the group who received the email notice on Sunday asking if I would like to take part in the Motorola Soak Test. I would like to do it to avoid issues in the future and worry about getting TripleCore back later. Now that I have sideloaded the Jelly Bean OTA Leak and used djrbliss' Razr_Blade exploit to attain root. Now I need to reverse the procedure - I already deleted TripleCore from the only ROM Slot I was using and did a Factory Rest in Safestrap. Now I need to get rid of Safestrap and unroot - don't want to use Voodoo Rootkeeper to keep root. The Motorola signup form says they have no problem with the sideload but to make sure you are not rooted, have no "Root" backups, etc. - May be just a scare tactic but I'd rather just do it straight up - like I was after the sideload and before Razr_Blade. What do I need to do? Thank you folks in advance for some help...
Regards, Jim D

#380 hawkinsmp

hawkinsmp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

I'm not real swift at some things but it took me awhile to get razr blade to work. I had to use my wife's laptop which is windows 7. I have windows 8 and it don't play nice witb a lot of stuff. So windows 7 works fine just like it did before, windows 8 will not work no matter what you do. usb drivers adb or anything. I have done alot of different things to alot of android devices, and since i installed 8 apparently i will not be doing much at all. Anyone have a way around it please let me know.
Thanks
Mike Hawkins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users