848 replies to this topic

#381 loonee2n

loonee2n

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

1. You never need to do a backup, it's just recommended.

2. I would recommend OTA Rootkeeper whenever you upgrade OTA. It has a temp unroot/protect root option that should let you retain root through and OTA. As long as you don't make any changes to the default system/apps. You said be able to unroot and take OTA without issues.

Hope that helped clear up your questions.

Sent from RAZR Maxx FlyingJelly

Looking into OTA Rootkeeper I noticed it said it might have a conflict with SuperSU because it has it's own rootkeeper in the pro version. I don't have the pro version, so should there be a conflict. I installed Rootkeeper and under status it has the Google Play button for the superuser app installed, so I'm assuming it doesn't even know SuperSU is there. All the other boxes were checked and It still let me protect the su, but will this be a problem when the OTA comes?

#382 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

I'm not real swift at some things but it took me awhile to get razr blade to work. I had to use my wife's laptop which is windows 7. I have windows 8 and it don't play nice witb a lot of stuff. So windows 7 works fine just like it did before, windows 8 will not work no matter what you do. usb drivers adb or anything. I have done alot of different things to alot of android devices, and since i installed 8 apparently i will not be doing much at all. Anyone have a way around it please let me know.
Thanks
Mike Hawkins

Go back to windows 7 lol. I no Im a smart rear end.I have a virtual copy of 8 I think it sucks.

#383 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

I'm not real swift at some things but it took me awhile to get razr blade to work. I had to use my wife's laptop which is windows 7. I have windows 8 and it don't play nice witb a lot of stuff. So windows 7 works fine just like it did before, windows 8 will not work no matter what you do. usb drivers adb or anything. I have done alot of different things to alot of android devices, and since i installed 8 apparently i will not be doing much at all. Anyone have a way around it please let me know.
Thanks
Mike Hawkins

I believe its a PITA on Win 8 but think some have gotten it to work, I havent tried, but may to see if I can figure it out :)

Did you get the drivers to install?
  • hawkinsmp likes this

#384 jimd1050

jimd1050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Razr Blade, an exploit that gains root access on the Motorola Droid Razr running 4.1 (Jelly Bean), is available at:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

To run the exploit (currently Windows only), download and extract the entire zip file, ensure your device is connected via USB, ensure you have the latest Motorola USB drivers installed, ensure USB debugging mode is enabled on your device, and double-click "run.bat".

PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS IN THE EXPLOIT CAREFULLY.

Please do not re-host or modify this exploit without asking permission first, since this makes support difficult and annoying.

Enjoy,
Dan (@djrbliss)

Paypal:

Dan, can I reverse this - I am in the group who received the email notice on Sunday asking if I would like to take part in the Motorola Soak Test. I would like to do it to avoid issues in the future and worry about getting TripleCore back later. Now that I have sideloaded the Jelly Bean OTA Leak and used your Razr_Blade exploit to attain root, I need to reverse the procedure - I already deleted TripleCore from the only ROM Slot I was using and did a Factory Reset in Safestrap. Now I need to get rid of Safestrap and unroot - don't want to use Voodoo Rootkeeper to keep root. The Motorola signup form says they have no problem with the sideload but to make sure you are not rooted, have no "Root" backups, etc. - May be just a scare tactic but I'd rather just do it straight up - like I was after the sideload and before Razr_Blade. What do I need to do? Thank you Dan in advance for some help...
Regards, Jim D

#385 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Dan, can I reverse this - I am in the group who received the email notice on Sunday asking if I would like to take part in the Motorola Soak Test. I would like to do it to avoid issues in the future and worry about getting TripleCore back later. Now that I have sideloaded the Jelly Bean OTA Leak and used your Razr_Blade exploit to attain root, I need to reverse the procedure - I already deleted TripleCore from the only ROM Slot I was using and did a Factory Reset in Safestrap. Now I need to get rid of Safestrap and unroot - don't want to use Voodoo Rootkeeper to keep root. The Motorola signup form says they have no problem with the sideload but to make sure you are not rooted, have no "Root" backups, etc. - May be just a scare tactic but I'd rather just do it straight up - like I was after the sideload and before Razr_Blade. What do I need to do? Thank you Dan in advance for some help...

So not fully sure how to respond....you have the general process correct if this is what you want to do. Reactivate the Stock ROM in SS, delete the others, reboot into stock uninstall safestrap.

Now as far as them saying you shouldnt be rooted, bah to that, IMHO. I dont see any reason unless of course the update wont run which isnt the normal case. However, you can un-root via Voodoo and then delete Voodoo and you will probably lose root. Again, not what I would do.

As an absolute last resort (again, I wouldnt do this voluntarily), you could use 1.82 to bork your phone, and then use unbrick and reapply the JB OTA.

#386 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

So not fully sure how to respond....you have the general process correct if this is what you want to do. Reactivate the Stock ROM in SS, delete the others, reboot into stock uninstall safestrap.

Now as far as them saying you shouldnt be rooted, bah to that, IMHO. I dont see any reason unless of course the update wont run which isnt the normal case. However, you can un-root via Voodoo and then delete Voodoo and you will probably lose root. Again, not what I would do.

As an absolute last resort (again, I wouldnt do this voluntarily), you could use 1.82 to bork your phone, and then use unbrick and reapply the JB OTA.

I answered this in the other thread he posted in:

Basically what you said CMH
  • cmh714 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#387 hawkinsmp

hawkinsmp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

I believe its a PITA on Win 8 but think some have gotten it to work, I havent tried, but may to see if I can figure it out :)

Did you get the drivers to install?

Ya the drivers installed and the machine regonizes the phone ,but it won't allow it to use adb or rsd lite 5.7

#388 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

Ya the drivers installed and the machine regonizes the phone ,but it won't allow it to use adb or rsd lite 5.7

I found many videos for making this work, havent tried as I use a Win7 machine....should be able to get it to work....

#389 jimd1050

jimd1050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

I answered this in the other thread he posted in:

Basically what you said CMH

Well, that was a trip! Again, I should have just stayed with TripleCore... it's all up and running STOCK. Thanks to both of you for the help! I ended up using SS3.11 to "Wipe System", Matt's Unbrick Utility to unbrick it then, after about five tries, just re-installed the OTA Leak from SD Card. For some reason, I could not for the life of me, get the bootloader menu to come up when the Trap Door Sleeping Andru came up - it would just sit there trying to give me heart failure. Finally, it came up, loaded and booted - I just did a "Restore" from Motocast. Thanks again - I'll probably login for the Soak Test tonight!!!
Regards, Jim D

#390 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

Well, that was a trip! Again, I should have just stayed with TripleCore... it's all up and running STOCK. Thanks to both of you for the help! I ended up using SS3.11 to "Wipe System", Matt's Unbrick Utility to unbrick it then, after about five tries, just re-installed the OTA Leak from SD Card. For some reason, I could not for the life of me, get the bootloader menu to come up when the Trap Door Sleeping Andru came up - it would just sit there trying to give me heart failure. Finally, it came up, loaded and booted - I just did a "Restore" from Motocast. Thanks again - I'll probably login for the Saok Test tonight!!!

Glad to hear your up and running.

#391 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

Is he talking 4.2 ota?

#392 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Is he talking 4.2 ota?

Not sure what the number will be but hoping its 4.2... yes, Motorola sent out soak test emails for an update to be tested...

#393 joeshell20

joeshell20

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Google+:joeshell20@gmail.com

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

"Go back to windows 7 lol. I no Im a smart rear end.I have a virtual copy of 8 I think it sucks.".

I haven't had any problems at all with drivers, adb or anything pertaining to my Maxx. Windows 8 Pro is just Win 7 with a different start menu and some light GUI tweaks. Just my $.02.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#394 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,480 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

The windows 8 problems I've seen have to do with UAC. If you disable UAC then it should work just fine.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#395 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Yeah Im sure it was because it was it was like a virtual machine instead of the real thing. It is teriably slow.
"Go back to windows 7 lol. I no Im a smart rear end.I have a virtual copy of 8 I think it sucks.".

I haven't had any problems at all with drivers, adb or anything pertaining to my Maxx. Windows 8 Pro is just Win 7 with a different start menu and some light GUI tweaks. Just my $.02.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#396 waheedsindhu

waheedsindhu

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

Hey Dan, I just got new Razar Maxx HD 4.1.1. Is there anyway to root this puppy? I tried Razr Blade exploit but it did not work.Thanks

#397 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

Hey Dan, I just got new Razar Maxx HD 4.1.1. Is there anyway to root this puppy? I tried Razr Blade exploit but it did not work.Thanks

It helps to actually read....this is for Razr and Maxx not HD. Check over at the HD threads for what you need.

#398 jandjkenny

jandjkenny

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Atrix HD

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

I was just wondering as some of the other root exploits that were done for the Atrix HD also covered the razr and such, has there been any testing for this exploit with the Atrix HD. As i did the ota update to jb as soon as it was out of the box and the moto2fail exploit was not good for me any more. I just really want root access back as I did on my Atrix 4G before it was sent in for repair, but lucky me got upgraded to the HD as they were unable to fix.

Thanks

#399 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

I believe you can still do it you have to do it manually in fast boot not that hard read

#400 jandjkenny

jandjkenny

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Atrix HD

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Ok, i will continue. On trying to find more info doing It through fast boot and maybe I will find a bit more info.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users