BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Hey Byte! Coming form flick, hopefully can install this today!!

Just one question, do i install this using BMM or safestrap? its not stated in the first page :D

I made it using Safestrap, though I'm pretty sure you can use either. Haven't tested out BMM on JB. I recommend Safestrap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#482 sreeman

sreeman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

thank you!

#483 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

thank you!

Welcome. :-)

#484 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

I made it using Safestrap, though I'm pretty sure you can use either. Haven't tested out BMM on JB. I recommend Safestrap.

It's working flawless with BMM. I flashed it on Stock System without any issues. Personally i never use SS and i'm able to run all Stock JB Roms as Main or 2nd System :ph34r:

Sent from my XT910

• BytecodeMe likes this

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#485 sreeman

sreeman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

Sigh could not get it to work weirdly..wasted too much time(half a day) trying to get back to stock..will prolly try again over the weekend :(

#486 acslam

acslam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

This probably sounds ignorant, but (using SS 3.11) I tried wiping stock side/cache/dalvik and flashed cyclone 1.6, but after safestrap screen I just get black screen with nothing else. I can reboot back into SS and use rom slot 1 for my cyclone 1.5 install so I'm not dead in the water, but is there any kind of trick to using the stock side? Like maybe I wasn't supposed to "wipe system" before installing to the stock slot? I noticed that even after flashing, while SS said "successful", it also asked "no os installed! sure you want to reboot?"

I'd love to run this without using a rom slot and free up the storage space. I use nothing but this rom, although I add back in the stock launcher so webtop works properly.

BTW.....any plans to do completely inverted everything like it was in F5? Just curious. Totally loved blacked out gtalk/mms/calendar/etc.

#487 karll123

karll123

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

This probably sounds ignorant, but (using SS 3.11) I tried wiping stock side/cache/dalvik and flashed cyclone 1.6, but after safestrap screen I just get black screen with nothing else. I can reboot back into SS and use rom slot 1 for my cyclone 1.5 install so I'm not dead in the water, but is there any kind of trick to using the stock side? Like maybe I wasn't supposed to "wipe system" before installing to the stock slot? I noticed that even after flashing, while SS said "successful", it also asked "no os installed! sure you want to reboot?"

I'd love to run this without using a rom slot and free up the storage space. I use nothing but this rom, although I add back in the stock launcher so webtop works properly.

BTW.....any plans to do completely inverted everything like it was in F5? Just curious. Totally loved blacked out gtalk/mms/calendar/etc.

Is stock slot still on ICS kernel?

#488 acslam

acslam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Is stock slot still on ICS kernel?

I used JB dual boot, and the phone is set to JB kernel.....does it actually flash the kernel to a different slot based on SS settings? I didn't think that to be the case...... I thought all rom slots "shared" a particular section of the memory that housed the kernel.

#489 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

I plan to make all the core apps that you mentioned inverted, BUT I DO like the transparency so I'm going top leave the tweak that gives it the transparency in. And have a small part of the ROM be transparent to keep it interesting.

I used JB dual boot, and the phone is set to JB kernel.....does it actually flash the kernel to a different slot based on SS settings? I didn't think that to be the case...... I thought all rom slots "shared" a particular section of the memory that housed the kernel.

You flash the kernel and it's there for all slots

#490 sagrero88luis

sagrero88luis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

Any way to implement the charging animation that mattlgroff has on his ROM? I think that is sweet. Another thing from his ROM is the 3D animation when using swipe on the keyboard that $#!+ is dope! I'm bouncing between cyclone and Matt's ROM. I love the ability to change the songs while the power screen is off.

#491 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Any way to implement the charging animation that mattlgroff has on his ROM? I think that is sweet. Another thing from his ROM is the 3D animation when using swipe on the keyboard that $#!+ is dope! I'm bouncing between cyclone and Matt's ROM. I love the ability to change the songs while the power screen is off.

On the charging animation I'd have to say no, because I don't want to spend the time editing the images. The keyboard however, I like. I'll have to ask him where he got it. I also like how he's replaced a lot of the VZW/Blur stuff with straight AOSP. :ph34r:
  • Gytole and m0nk3y_ma17 like this

#492 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Google search FC, on 1.6, in slot 1. Any tips on resolving it? Would an app uninstall/reinstall work?

#493 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Google search FC, on 1.6, in slot 1. Any tips on resolving it? Would an app uninstall/reinstall work?

I'm pretty sure it would. If not use Root browser Lite and navigate inside if Velvet.apk and follow the lib directory. Extract it and place it /system/lib. Reboot and done.

• Einsteindks likes this

#494 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Twitter:dimitri407

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

I am on 1.5 and if I try to use Noozxoide, Setting FC's. When I installed from 1.4, I only wiped chache and Davik Cache. Is this the reason? Was trying not to have to do a full wipe.

#495 arrigob

arrigob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

I am on 1.5 and if I try to use Noozxoide, Setting FC's. When I installed from 1.4, I only wiped chache and Davik Cache. Is this the reason? Was trying not to have to do a full wipe.

This happened to me. A simple reboot to the phone fixed it for me though. Hope that helps you.
  • BytecodeMe likes this

#496 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

Have you tried to fix permissions in safestrap?

#497 bjoestanley

bjoestanley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

Does anyone use Lux with Cyclone? If so, have you experienced any issues?

#498 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

Works just fine. I had a problem a short while ago, but a reinstall of Lux solved it. I never figured out what/where the glitch was. Could be a couple restarts after wiping did it.

#499 arrigob

arrigob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

I'm pretty sure it would. If not use Root browser Lite and navigate inside if Velvet.apk and follow the lib directory. Extract it and place it /system/lib. Reboot and done.

I had the same issue. I could not figure out how to delete the app to re-install it. But,I tried your alternative method and it worked great. Thanks again Byte!

#500 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

If you have the zip, if you extract Settings.apk and place it in /system/app than reboot it should work, of the others suggestions don't work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Droid Razr, Cyclone, Flick, Bytecode, CDMA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users