#21 rmoya5150

rmoya5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationconcord, ma
  • Current Device(s):Razr converted into a Maxx

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

Yeah the newest SS you can flash on stockside, don't really see why you would want to when you have all those other slots to flash on.

i dont know its just my weirdness i think...i love the idea of an (almost) unbrickable system but i also like the rom i use to take up a space where a rom would actually go instead of in free space on the internal sd inside of another rom...if that makes any sense

#22 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

You can flash the safe side with 3.11. However, it doesn't really seem to work properly. Out of curiosity I messed with it a bit a while ago. I first made a backup of it, then flashed Hashcode's base rom to it. Ended up booting to just a black screen. Pretty much the same as trying to boot a JB rom on an ICS kernel. I then restored my backup and that worked fine. That's about the extent of my messing with it though. Like its already been said, there's really no reason to flash the nonsafe side.

#23 rmoya5150

rmoya5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationconcord, ma

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

okay now that my phone's fixed i just have a question...if im now on stock unrooted jb after applying the update, how come the root checker in recovery still says qe1/1 which means that the device is currently rooted still? nbd at all just kind of curious i guess

EDIT: this is after attempting to fastboot back to ics and running the unbrick utility and then applying the jb update

#24 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

okay now that my phone's fixed i just have a question...if im now on stock unrooted jb after applying the update, how come the root checker in recovery still says qe1/1 which means that the device is currently rooted still? nbd at all just kind of curious i guess

EDIT: this is after attempting to fastboot back to ics and running the unbrick utility and then applying the jb update

Not sure about the qe 1/1, but how did you fix your phone? Someone else will probably have the same thing happen to them, so having something for them to check out is always helpful :-)

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk HD
  • neckchop likes this

#25 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

The qe 1/1 will only "reset" with a full fastboot back to 100% stock.... then it should "reset" to qe 0/1 .... no real concern unless you have to turn your phone in for service at verizon.....

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#26 rmoya5150

rmoya5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationconcord, ma

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

The qe 1/1 will only "reset" with a full fastboot back to 100% stock.... then it should "reset" to qe 0/1 .... no real concern unless you have to turn your phone in for service at verizon.....

yeah i figured...thanks for the answer though :)

Not sure about the qe 1/1, but how did you fix your phone? Someone else will probably have the same thing happen to them, so having something for them to check out is always helpful :-)

well i attempted to fastboot back to ics...failed (obviously)...then ran the utility then flashed the update just like i was supposed to...i guess the only reason it wasn't working was because i had a bad download of the jb update. my jb update file size didnt match that of another memeber so i dl'd it from another source and it worked like a charm :D

#27 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

yeah i figured...thanks for the answer though :)

well i attempted to fastboot back to ics...failed (obviously)...then ran the utility then flashed the update just like i was supposed to...i guess the only reason it wasn't working was because i had a bad download of the jb update. my jb update file size didnt match that of another memeber so i dl'd it from another source and it worked like a charm :D

Awesome :-)

#28 rmoya5150

rmoya5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationconcord, ma

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Awesome :-)

yeah man thanks for all your help and everyone else on the thread as well! :)

#29 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

yeah man thanks for all your help and everyone else on the thread as well! :)

No prob ;)

#30 KeyboardKowboy

KeyboardKowboy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

I can't seem to locate the 'unbrickxt912JB.zip' as mentioned in these posts. Does anyone know where I can locate (couldnt find any links)? I'd like to install SafeStrap and start romming now that I have the JB 'kernel'... but want to make sure I can unbrick if I have to.

Thanks!

#31 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

this for utilities