The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

If you need a specific feature to work then use a more stable version of the ROM. 4.3 is still new and features will be added as the ROM becomes more stable. DO NOT pm the devs and request a feature. It is rude to do so as they do not have to take the time to create these ROMs for us. These ROMs are a privilege. Be patient and the features you want will added in due time.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

My Email is working fine...just asking the question...

I understand the privilege and wasn't planning to PM any Dev's

Not understanding your piece of Rudeness...it was mentioned in posting more of a Awareness thing with exchange...

End of Story my friend :D

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#2322 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

I'm having all sorts of freezes/lockup issues on the 8-19 nightly.  I've done multiple cache/Dalvik wipes & have fixed permissions but still having the issues.  Anyone else?  I did a clean install with all wipes completed on the 8/14 nightly, then have dirty flashed the subsequent nightlies.  Hopefully there is an 8/20 build soon! 

Aside from the freezes, I haven't really had any other issues.  Wifi connects just fine for me!

#2323 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

My Email is working fine...just asking the question...

I understand the privilege and wasn't planning to PM any Dev's

Not understanding your piece of Rudeness...it was mentioned in posting more of a Awareness thing with exchange...

End of Story my friend :D

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

My apologies if I came off rude as that was not my intention. Just stating that this thread should be used to report bugs and the devs will fix them as soon as they can. Again I did not mean to come off with an attitude and if I did I apologize :D

#2324 CrazyEddie

CrazyEddie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

I'm having all sorts of freezes/lockup issues on the 8-19 nightly.  I've done multiple cache/Dalvik wipes & have fixed permissions but still having the issues.  Anyone else?  I did a clean install with all wipes completed on the 8/14 nightly, then have dirty flashed the subsequent nightlies.  Hopefully there is an 8/20 build soon! 

Aside from the freezes, I haven't really had any other issues.  Wifi connects just fine for me!

I've pretty much done the same thing you have - fresh install on the 8/14 and then just did the nightlies from within the CMUpdater - I haven't had any issues with 8/19 so far with the exception of re-setting up my ringtones/notifications. But it seems I always have to do that after a flash.

Update - and no sooner than me posting my phone alerts me the battery was at 14% - it was close to 50% at last check so something is killing it. #1 on the battery hog list shows Android OS followed by Wifi, but this isn't something normal I've seen with the previous nightlies - just fyi.

#2325 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR maxx

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

If you need a specific feature to work then use a more stable version of the ROM. 4.3 is still new and features will be added as the ROM becomes more stable. DO NOT pm the devs and request a feature. It is rude to do so as they do not have to take the time to create these ROMs for us. These ROMs are a privilege. Be patient and the features you want will added in due time.

No one is trying to be rude or question a devs abilities. I admire their talent. Coding has never been my thing not even using VB.net. I know android is different but the same logic applies. The devs usually ask for feedback and that's my intent here. Other things get fixed. If I had access to the code for 4.1.2 and 4.2/4.3 then I would be glad to track it down or at least decide that it should be left to people much smarter than myself. There's always features that I would like to see. Right now I'm running R3ds' ROM and while there are things that I would like included but over all it is fast and smooth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

#2326 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

My apologies if I came off rude as that was not my intention. Just stating that this thread should be used to report bugs and the devs will fix them as soon as they can. Again I did not mean to come off with an attitude and if I did I apologize :D

No Apologizes necessary man...
The Exchange situation is Not a Bug...just a point in time with those Not able to use it on 10.2

"All Good Under The Hood" here...

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#2327 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR maxx

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

Not taken that way. It all boils down to the fact that what I see as an important feature others could care less about and think something that I see as useless one of their top have to haves.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

#2328 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

No Apologizes necessary man...
The Exchange situation is Not a Bug...just a point in time with those Not able to use it on 10.2

"All Good Under The Hood" here...

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#2329 Tekz08

Tekz08

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

So here's a question... I safestrapped after using the batakang tool and installed 10.2 nightly in slot 1. Noticed some issues so I went back to install the latest stable 10.1 (2013-07-12  ---- cm-10.1.2-spyder.zip) in slot 2.

After booting beyond the safestrap recovery screen, the phone vibrates once, the screen flickers, reboots, goes through and vibrates, flickers, but then just sits there, black screen, not doing anything. 

Anyone have this experience or have a recommendation for me? I've re-created the ROM slot twice now and tried multiple re-flashes, but still can't get it to boot.

Edit: Oh, well I see now that there's a message during flash that says if I installed anywhere except romslot-1, it won't work. Why does the post here say it's romslot fixed if that's not the case?

#2330 subzero2000

subzero2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

So here's a question... I safestrapped after using the batakang tool and installed 10.2 nightly in slot 1. Noticed some issues so I went back to install the latest stable 10.1 (2013-07-12) in slot 2. After booting beyond the safestrap recovery screen, the phone vibrates once, the screen flickers, reboots, goes through and vibrates, flickers, but then just sits there, black screen, not doing anything. 

Anyone have this experience or have a recommendation for me? I've re-created the ROM slot twice now and tried multiple re-flashes, but still can't get it to boot.

I believe I read somewhere that 10.2 could be installed on any slot, but I don't think that holds true of 10.1; I'd try installing 10.1 on slot 1 and see if that addresses your problem. Note: If you're savy with the Unix shell and adb shell, it's super-easy to just rename the slots to move them around. In an "adb shell" session while the phone is in recovery, do something like this as root to swap slots 1 & 2:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Then reboot your phone and go back into recovery, and your slots 1 & 2 should be swapped. I've done this a number of times and it has worked fine for me every time I've done it.

• ibolski, Tekz08 and The Persuader like this

#2331 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

I'm having all sorts of freezes/lockup issues on the 8-19 nightly. I've done multiple cache/Dalvik wipes & have fixed permissions but still having the issues. Anyone else? I did a clean install with all wipes completed on the 8/14 nightly, then have dirty flashed the subsequent nightlies. Hopefully there is an 8/20 build soon!

Aside from the freezes, I haven't really had any other issues. Wifi connects just fine for me!

* Had a couple of Phone Freezes...
* I think it has to do with Lockscreen...some kind of conflict
* My Go SMS is not playing well...keeps removing the Icon from the Dock and
* Fix Permission doesn't Fix right now
* Battery Life Awesome
* Performance Awesome

Still one Hell'va ROM let me tell yaa

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#2332 Tekz08

Tekz08

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

I believe I read somewhere that 10.2 could be installed on any slot, but I don't think that holds true of 10.1; I'd try installing 10.1 on slot 1 and see if that addresses your problem. Note: If you're savy with the Unix shell and adb shell, it's super-easy to just rename the slots to move them around. In an "adb shell" session while the phone is in recovery, do something like this as root to swap slots 1 & 2:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Then reboot your phone and go back into recovery, and your slots 1 & 2 should be swapped. I've done this a number of times and it has worked fine for me every time I've done it.

This worked to get 10.1.2 installed. I'll give CM 10.2 a shot while it's sitting in slot 2 and report back.

Edit: CM 10.2 on the latest nightly works just fine in slot 2.

Thanks for the help.

#2333 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

* Had a couple of Phone Freezes...
* I think it has to do with Lockscreen...some kind of conflict
* My Go SMS is not playing well...keeps removing the Icon from the Dock and
* Fix Permission doesn't Fix right now
* Battery Life Awesome
* Performance Awesome

Still one Hell'va ROM let me tell yaa

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

I am also having problems with my GPS not getting fixes in an area where I used to be able to obtain one.  I hope it's not a hardware problem!  I understand that GPS works better outside than in (DUH) but at work, I cannot get a location based profile in Tasker to activate and it used to work fine on most of the CM 10.1 builds.  I've tried everything I can think of, including expanding my radius to 400m, which TBH seems like overkill.  My coworker with her GS4 is able to use a radius of 50m & hers works perfectly! :o

Pertaining to the GPS, I've tried the following: multiple cache/Dalvik wipes; tried to fix permissions, but nothing is actually fixed; I also copied over my stock gps.conf & replaced the 1 in CM 10.2; Finally, also tried using the Faster GPS app & playing with all advanced options and still, no dice.  Can anyone suggest a fix or something else I should try?

#2334 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

You could try booting into stock and obtaining a good solid lock then boot back. 

• The Persuader likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#2335 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for your Wisdom with CM...
My phone is working Awesome...so you know...if I want Stable I'll flash back to Stock...please note, Email Exchange should be part of their Base Code or the Foundation with all builds...
I'm sure you have Light's in your Home not Gas Lanterns... :D

Love the challenge with New Builds not Stable choices

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#2336 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

You could try booting into stock and obtaining a good solid lock then boot back. 

I tried it but it didn't seem to work!  How do you obtain a "good solid lock?"  In maps? 

#2337 bhorstmann

bhorstmann

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

I am also having problems with my GPS not getting fixes in an area where I used to be able to obtain one.  I hope it's not a hardware problem!  I understand that GPS works better outside than in (DUH) but at work, I cannot get a location based profile in Tasker to activate and it used to work fine on most of the CM 10.1 builds.  I've tried everything I can think of, including expanding my radius to 400m, which TBH seems like overkill.  My coworker with her GS4 is able to use a radius of 50m & hers works perfectly! :o

Pertaining to the GPS, I've tried the following: multiple cache/Dalvik wipes; tried to fix permissions, but nothing is actually fixed; I also copied over my stock gps.conf & replaced the 1 in CM 10.2; Finally, also tried using the Faster GPS app & playing with all advanced options and still, no dice.  Can anyone suggest a fix or something else I should try?

I also had GPS issues. It worked great for the first 2 days then absolutely nothing. I rebooted into stock and it would not work at all. I restored my 10.1 backup and it works great. I will stick on 10.1 for a while longer.

#2338 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

I tried it but it didn't seem to work!  How do you obtain a "good solid lock?"  In maps? 

My Bet is... you had a Bad Download or It was interrupted with Incoming Emails or Calls...

At this point...Dusting n Cleaning is Best...

• Backup or Nandroid your ROM
  • Delete you Download & Gapp in Safestrap
  • Re-Download 10.2 & Gapp...
  • Re-create your Slot, (with 10.2 any Slot is fine)
  • Do your Wipes after the Slot is Created...(This Piece is Key for a Clean Slot)
  • Flash 10.2
  • Flash Gapp
  • Reboot
  • When you come the the Start Screen...
  • Reboot again so you can Setup you Wifi and Email moving forward
  • If everything is working Awesome Delete your Backup in Restore and Create a New Backup with CM

The Only Issues right now is with Exchange Emails Setup.....POP Servers, Gmail, Yahoo, etc should be fine...Even Dropbox for that matter

#2339 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

My Bet is... you had a Bad Download or It was interrupted with Incoming Emails or Calls...

At this point...Dusting n Cleaning is Best...

• Backup or Nandroid your ROM
  • Delete you Download & Gapp in Safestrap
  • Re-Download 10.2 & Gapp...
  • Re-create your Slot, (with 10.2 any Slot is fine)
  • Do your Wipes after the Slot is Created...(This Piece is Key for a Clean Slot)
  • Flash 10.2
  • Flash Gapp
  • Reboot
  • When you come the the Start Screen...
  • Reboot again so you can Setup you Wifi and Email moving forward
  • If everything is working Awesome Delete your Backup in Restore and Create a New Backup with CM

The Only Issues right now is with Exchange Emails Setup.....POP Servers, Gmail, Yahoo, etc should be fine...Even Dropbox for that matter

Considering I just did a fresh install with the 1st 10.2 nightly, that is my last resort at this point.  When I did my clean install, I followed everything you said to do.  The thing I don't get is nothing has changed!  It was working but now refuses.  I may try getting a new sim card first or try redownloading & flashing the same nightly again before I completely scrap this installation & rom slot.  Thanks for all of the suggestions!

#2340 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

Considering I just did a fresh install with the 1st 10.2 nightly, that is my last resort at this point. When I did my clean install, I followed everything you said to do. The thing I don't get is nothing has changed! It was working but now refuses. I may try getting a new sim card first or try redownloading & flashing the same nightly again before I completely scrap this installation & rom slot. Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Sim Card should be your last choice...

Your choice my friend...a Fresh Clean is Wiping your Slot & Factory/System...

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users