Photo

{ROM} Android Aggression Updated {2/26/13} *GSM patch *Stock theme *Fast *king beatz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
316 replies to this topic

#161 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hey everyone i think i figured out the whole notification revert to "unknown ringtone" issue. I made a post about it

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#162 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

I don't use many of the actions with Smartactions so I probably couldn't help much. The one thing I noticed that doesn't work is the "add location" button (+) when setting up an action for work or wherever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Alright I'll look into it :)

#163 quadracin

quadracin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

Smart actions has the prebuilt suggestions and the triggers are there but the actions are not for one instance the battery saver the triggers should be not charging which is there but I think the other is screen off and its not there and the actions show nothing and you can't add them correctly. But the actions should be dim screen and restrict background actions. Let me know if you need anything else I am trying to remember this from memory which is not great :-D but I could get everything from my wife's phone when she gets home later tonight

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#164 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

Smart actions has the prebuilt suggestions and the triggers are there but the actions are not for one instance the battery saver the triggers should be not charging which is there but I think the other is screen off and its not there and the actions show nothing and you can't add them correctly. But the actions should be dim screen and restrict background actions. Let me know if you need anything else I am trying to remember this from memory which is not great :-D but I could get everything from my wife's phone when she gets home later tonight

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Alright thanks. I'm still slowly working on trying to figure out the dang missing data action when doing a custom profile. I've added every single apk from the deodexed build that wasn't already in the ROM and it's still missing. So I'm getting pretty clueless on it.

#165 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

I love the Rom its quick and buttery smooth but .... I have been running this for a week solid and Battery consumption is huge on my Maxx, and The OS is the culprit according to my stats, random resets of ringtones & alarms, i have flashed twice, assuming it was a bad flash, and both have had same results, high battery consumption and random FC's on the settings screen and other apps,
any one else have similar issues and what else have you guys noted, I did not read through all pages..

That is caused by a rogue app. One notorious battery sucker is maps which is why I replaced it with map quest. If you changed any of the tweaks such as governor or scheduler that will have negative effects as well due to the hotplug tweaks applied to the kernel.

#166 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Alright thanks. I'm still slowly working on trying to figure out the dang missing data action when doing a custom profile. I've added every single apk from the deodexed build that wasn't already in the ROM and it's still missing. So I'm getting pretty clueless on it.

As far as I'm concerned, don't worry about Smart actions. Do what you like most.

#167 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

As far as I'm concerned, don't worry about Smart actions. Do what you like most.

Well we want our stuff to be as bug-less as possible :) Even if it's only an add on.

#168 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

That is caused by a rogue app. One notorious battery sucker is maps which is why I replaced it with map quest. If you changed any of the tweaks such as governor or scheduler that will have negative effects as well due to the hotplug tweaks applied to the kernel.

I installed only UCCW and Nova Launcher......other than that nothing else,no governor tweaks, I was down to 51% after 3 hours with 11 minutes of screen time and android OS at 68% that seems a little excessive, I uninstalled and re downloaded and re-installed, with similar results after a full battery cycle.....Battery got slightly better second time around 70% after 3.5 hours
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#169 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

All I have heard is people raving about battery life so something is messed up with your phone. It is either something you restored or installed. 70% after 3 hours of screen on time makes more sense than what you are reporting.

#170 ryankliber

ryankliber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

I use my phone pretty hard so no matter what rom battery life isn't what I think it should be haha. If I can get 3hrs of screen on time and still be at 50% it's not bad, but this rom isn't quite up to par on that. Given the performance a slight sacrifice in battery life isn't a problem. My issue is that I could leave my phone on 3g overnight (7-8 hours) with a full charge right before bed and wake up to roughly 70% left. Of course it's worse on 4g..but wifi overnight would be like upper 80s left. Seems to be a big amount of battery going to radio on this rom.

#171 twith70

twith70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

@ryankliber- Did you run busybox after setting up the phone? I have had the problem before with battery drain and it was corrected with an update to busybox. Did you do a dalvik cache wipe after setup..this helps as well as it informs the OS what is supposed to be running.

#172 ryankliber

ryankliber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

No I didn't run busybox, but I cleared cache and dalvik after setting everything up.

#173 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

I use my phone pretty hard so no matter what rom battery life isn't what I think it should be haha. If I can get 3hrs of screen on time and still be at 50% it's not bad, but this rom isn't quite up to par on that. Given the performance a slight sacrifice in battery life isn't a problem. My issue is that I could leave my phone on 3g overnight (7-8 hours) with a full charge right before bed and wake up to roughly 70% left. Of course it's worse on 4g..but wifi overnight would be like upper 80s left. Seems to be a big amount of battery going to radio on this rom.

No one else is experiencing this. Shouldn't lose more than 3% overnight, less in fact. There is a limit to how "hard" you can use the phone, Max battery drain is about 20% an hour which is 100% cpu with screen on Max brightness. Even then you will get 5 hours of use. You have an app which is preventing deep sleep. Update busy box, if you still have trouble track down the rogue app with a battery monitor app

#174 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

No one else is experiencing this. Shouldn't lose more than 3% overnight, less in fact. There is a limit to how "hard" you can use the phone, Max battery drain is about 20% an hour which is 100% cpu with screen on Max brightness. Even then you will get 5 hours of use. You have an app which is preventing deep sleep. Update busy box, if you still have trouble track down the rogue app with a battery monitor app

I've used gsam battery monitor in the past to find that rogue app that sucks down the battery.

I've had great battery life on this ROM.

• prstorero likes this

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#175 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

No one else is experiencing this. Shouldn't lose more than 3% overnight, less in fact.

I'm gonna have to test this tonight now :)

#176 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

Along with what the others are saying, also see what stuff syncs over night. I personally have nothing that syncs besides contacts and normal google account stuff. If you have facebook or something, that thing is a battery killer.

#177 ryankliber

ryankliber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

Thanks for the replies, I'll reflash later today, update busybox, give it a full charge, wipe battery stats, and install gsam. I'm quite sure it wasn't a wakelock, I check cpu spy often.

Edit: didn't see the syncing reply before I replied haha. I have 2 twitter accounts (4 columns) in tweakdeck refreshing every 15 mins, friendcaster pro set to periodic polling every 10 mins, go chat for Facebook always logged in, k9 for all my email: Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, school (I remove all other email apps), and of course tapatalk, I haven't touched those settings. Those are the big ones lol...

• prstorero likes this

#178 Rinkle McBally

Rinkle McBally

Perv McGert

• Developer
  • 860 posts
  • Twitter:Rinkle_McBally
  • Google+:RinkleMcBally22@gmail.com
  • LocationForest Lake MN
  • Current Device(s):S3 D2vzw, Galaxy Tab 2

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the replies, I'll reflash later today, update busybox, give it a full charge, wipe battery stats, and install gsam. I'm quite sure it wasn't a wakelock, I check cpu spy often.

Edit: didn't see the syncing reply before I replied haha. I have 2 twitter accounts (4 columns) in tweakdeck refreshing every 15 mins, friendcaster pro set to periodic polling every 10 mins, go chat for Facebook always logged in, k9 for all my email: Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, school (I remove all other email apps), and of course tapatalk, I haven't touched those settings. Those are the big ones lol...

That is a lot of syncing no wonder your battery is garbage

rink2_zps72b73afa.png

**** If you want a signature, wallpaper or avatar done feel free to hit me up send me a pm ****

#179 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

There's the cause of your bad battery. That's a ton of stuff. No wonder it drains so much lol

#180 ryankliber

ryankliber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

I feel like that's the essentials lol... I need a maxx battery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users