The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

Oh ok gotcha...I will work on that then!

JP...T3T3

Thank you

Any Members looking for Specifics...Here's your Chance to request...For those that never experienced FlyingJelly it will be a "Cut Above The Rest" Nothing taken from the Other ROMs or Devs...Just a Solid Machine

You will see...Or I will be in Northern Maine Hidden in the Back Woods of Maine...Which by the way is Awesome!

• T3T3droid likes this

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1302 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

JP...T3T3

Thank you

Any Members looking for Specifics...Here's your Chance to request...For those that never experienced FlyingJelly it will be a "Cut Above The Rest" Nothing taken from the Other ROMs or Devs...Just a Solid Machine

You will see...Or I will be in Northern Maine Hidden in the Back Woods of Maine...Which by the way is Awesome!

Bubba..you rock!

Sent from my Bionics inbred cousin.. bless their silicone hearts.

• T3T3droid likes this

#1303 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

Thanks Jayrod...Awesome Forum happy to be here...

Oh, I do understand about the Free-bee with Ti...Just thinking of those that every Nickle, Dime, Quarter is a Premium to keep instead of the Expenditure...

Thanks again Jayrod for All you do behind the Scenes...You're just like the HBO Guy...Behind the scenes...

Chow Brother...

#1304 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

I will wait till you have updated this ROM and then I will install in my OEM side. That is bro.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#1305 Venable

Venable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

Oh ok gotcha...I will work on that then!

Much appreciated.

#1306 qweesy

qweesy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

doesnt razr blade still give you root even after updating to .165 ..... other people were keeping root with the latest OTA with voodoo , but yeah the whole point of this update was supposed to bring FJ up to the latest VZW OTA .165 .......whats the benefit of thre newest safestrap 3.65?

I havent had time to do anytesting but I think im going to flash .165 over on stock and get it rooted , .165 doesn't block root so that is disinformation

This is from the other forum

---

So, here's the deal. If you are rooted and you run this update, you will lose root. I don't know how to use RootKeeper, I've never tried. It might've saved me quite a bit of heartache. I guess I won't know, now. Basically, I ran the update, lost root and confirmed that with Root Checker Basic. I re-ran the RazrBade Utility I used to root in the first place and that has restored my root. Root Checker Basic confirmed I once again had root.

Unfortunately, I'd lost access to Safestrap after updating. It appeared it was still installed if I simply opened up Safestrap, it did say Installed. I then Uninstalled it from the Safestrap app and also from the System Settings, rebooted, re-installed it, but this time, a newer version since one happened to be available (that's insignificant), rebooted, and I did get Safestrap back. Now, here's the kicker. I don't understand how, but my CM was still installed under Rom Slot 1. I was able to activate and boot into it with no problems. I went back on Stock ROM.

I guess another one of my questions has been answered, as well. I figured with everything I've done to my phone, that I would not be receiving updates, which turned out to be untrue, as I found out a few hours ago.

I have not found anything significant as to what this new update brings to the MAXX. Again, it's still on 4.1.2.
Last edited by JOSHSKORN; 01-11-2014 at 03:46 AM.

#1307 qweesy

qweesy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

------- other post

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I did a quick Google search for it and found it here. I was in need of a fresh wioe for my phone so it wasn't a big deal for me. I'm sure if you use titanium backup or app monster to put your apps on your SD card it won't be as bothersome. But load into ap fast boot, (power on holding both volume buttons and volume down to fast boot and volume up to select it) and use the option for official jellybean (with data wipe) you will have to go through and reload your gmail and such. Then you can either do the update before you root the phone, or you can download voodoo ota root keeper and do a temporary unroot for the update. Just make sure that you have root disabled and your custom recovery disabled (I use safe strap from the utility). Hope this helps.

#1308 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

doesnt razr blade still give you root even after updating to .165 ..... other people were keeping root with the latest OTA with voodoo , but yeah the whole point of this update was supposed to bring FJ up to the latest VZW OTA .165 .......whats the benefit of thre newest safestrap 3.65?

I havent had time to do anytesting but I think im going to flash .165 over on stock and get it rooted , .165 doesn't block root so that is disinformation

This is from the other forum

---

So, here's the deal. If you are rooted and you run this update, you will lose root. I don't know how to use RootKeeper, I've never tried. It might've saved me quite a bit of heartache. I guess I won't know, now. Basically, I ran the update, lost root and confirmed that with Root Checker Basic. I re-ran the RazrBade Utility I used to root in the first place and that has restored my root. Root Checker Basic confirmed I once again had root.

Unfortunately, I'd lost access to Safestrap after updating. It appeared it was still installed if I simply opened up Safestrap, it did say Installed. I then Uninstalled it from the Safestrap app and also from the System Settings, rebooted, re-installed it, but this time, a newer version since one happened to be available (that's insignificant), rebooted, and I did get Safestrap back. Now, here's the kicker. I don't understand how, but my CM was still installed under Rom Slot 1. I was able to activate and boot into it with no problems. I went back on Stock ROM.

I guess another one of my questions has been answered, as well. I figured with everything I've done to my phone, that I would not be receiving updates, which turned out to be untrue, as I found out a few hours ago.

I have not found anything significant as to what this new update brings to the MAXX. Again, it's still on 4.1.2.

Last edited by JOSHSKORN; 01-11-2014 at 03:46 AM.

Benefit...

To get the New Safestrap 3.65 to flash FlyingJelly...it had nothing to do with OTA .165...other you Loose root

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1309 qweesy

qweesy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

^^^ your wrong man look back to when I asked about it..... it was specifically about updating FJ for  the New official OTA.......so whats the benefit of the new SS?

#1310 dwh2o13

dwh2o13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

Benefit...To get the New Safestrap 3.65 to flash FlyingJelly...it had nothing to do with OTA .165...other you Loose rootIt's Bubba "Stubborn In Your Bones"

I'm with you on this. I really liked FJ and would love to see it updated and compatible with SS 3.65

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#1311 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

^^^ your wrong man look back to when I asked about it..... it was specifically about updating FJ for the New official OTA.......so whats the benefit of the new SS?

Hopefully the New SS 3.65 will flash FlyingJelly...

OTA .165 was not to be D-Load due to possible lost of Root...well documented

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1312 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:01 AM

As mentioned by Memnoch ...its no big deal if you lose Root...I guess you can Rebirth Root thru House of Moto... I thought you lose Safestrap all together...guess not... It's Bubba "Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1313 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:06 AM

Pssst Bubba...

Loose=Not very tight.

Lose=Having lost something.  :p

Sorry my OCD is acting up. Hope you forgive me for correcting you.  :D  :wub:ph34r:

• johnthehillbilly and jl90 like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#1314 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:38 AM

Pssst Bubba...

Loose=Not very tight.
Lose=Having lost something. :p

Sorry my OCD is acting up. Hope you forgive me for correcting you. :D :wub: :ph34r:

Bubba= Not very tight as well

The Ooooooo'z well-
Thought I'd throw in a "Z" for yaa

I guess I'm a little Loose as you may have figured out ...but don't Lose Faith in me okay...

This is my first week out being on Work Release...the Ankle Monitor needs to be a little more Loose.. Being as tight as it is its Squeezing the Oooooo's out of me...

Just Like "O's" I guess

Love Bubba...Where do you Live...:D

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

• Memnoch73 likes this

#1315 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

Heres a 3.1 that is exactly the same as 3.0.1 but should support Safestrap 3.65:

Let me know how it goes!

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#1316 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

Heres a 3.1 that is exactly the same as 3.0.1 but should support Safestrap 3.65:

Let me know how it goes!

Downloading...

Thanks JP

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1317 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

JP...

Point in Time

• Download No Issues No Error
  • 4 to 5 Minutes
  • Animation with TLS...Wick Awesome
  • Touchdown Mr JP...
  • Now the Set up...
  • Awesome

Thank you...No Problem with the First piece...Safestrap 3.65...Nothing but Net...

;) Wicked ;)

• T3T3droid likes this

#1318 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

Speed Bump Maybe...

At the Screen where it says Start...Chose English...then Start...

Keeps searching with the Circle and Notes it may take some time...So, I am doing the Whole thing Over again...Why, I dont think I let if finish it set up but I will let you know..

• T3T3droid likes this

#1319 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

Touchdown, For Sure

First Flash I think I didnt wait long enough...Thought it took to long but more excited that it was working...

Awesome...Setting up my Phone I will recap any Issues later

WiFi does Work, Bluetooth Works too...Emails Working that where I am for now

• T3T3droid likes this

#1320 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:47 AM

I downloaded and will install later tonight after work. Thank you for your head effort and work that of which you do.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.

• T3T3droid likes this
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users