• Please log in to reply
1399 replies to this topic

#1341 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

Downloading now. Thank you for your time.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#1342 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:25 AM

Oh, I thought maybe the Razr Maxx wouldn't be available anymore. My contract expires in March. I don't know if I'll upgrade though. Still have unlimited data and kind of hate to lose that. Besides, I'm kind waiting to see what the new HTC phone is going to be like. Hasn't been released yet so nobody seems to know for sure. March or April I suppose. Whatever the case, I might just buy a dev phone of some kind for my next one. More to play with and I'd still have my unlimited data. I'm wondering how long before they force us to give it up. I imagine once your contract is up they can do anything they want. Time will tell I guess.

Robo-
That's what I thought to with this phone... But one is landing on my door step on Monday :)

Unlimited Plan-
Had a Great talk with the Regional Manager from Verizon...It's going away sooner than later so beware you'll be given a choice with a Time frame to change No Exception...

HTC very Nice pick... LOL All the New Phones will be coming out by June... That's their Month to release All their New Phones

Mine will be a LG-G2 or the Newer at least that's what I am of choosing for now

It's Bubba :)
" Stubborn In Your Bones "

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1343 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:44 AM

Here's beta 2:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Just deleted the VZW updater app so as long as no other problems come up. I'd say thats the final 3.1 build. Sorry again for the delay. Enjoy! Thanks for being patient!

Awesome information about the Hard release of FJ...

Robo-
VZ Updater is a Gonna my friend... That will keep FJ...

"All Good Under The Hood"

So far it's another Daily Drive... AWESOME

#1344 T3T3droid

T3T3droid

D3v3lop3r/Th3m3r/Machin3

• Developer
  • 1,115 posts
  • Google+:t3t3droid@gmail.com
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Droid Razr M, SGS4

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

If we lose unlimited I still have my upgrade so I'll probably grab an s5 or something... Hopefully it's built with something other then flimsy plastic

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Posted Image
Sig by Bama
If you like our work please consider
Donating towards
Phones and Site costs :D Thanks!!

#1345 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

If we lose unlimited I still have my upgrade so I'll probably grab an s5 or something... Hopefully it's built with something other then flimsy plastic

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The Regional that I spoke with told me to Wait till June...That's when All the Releases will be Out and New...Thats all he would tell me is to wait and See you will be happy with Choices and New Updates to Phones like LG-2G...

Was there to purchase a Phone...But to keep Unlimited... they replaced me with another Droid Razr Maxx...And again told me to Wait...

Plus Regional got Me a Jetpack Hotspot Device ...Paid For than Rebate to a Credit getting this Device at No Charge...

Hey, you might be surprized with the Upgrade in June...Will See...Unlimited...Nearing the End...Soon...Real Soon

Told him my Device is Rooted...
  • Told me Most of the Phone going back now are Stripped down and rebuilt so Rooted Phones are Not a Problem anymore
  • They do the same as well do...Wipe All Phones...So they know how to Wipe Rooted phones to Boot...No Secret anymore

#1346 MineNow

MineNow

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

I change ROMs pretty often to keep my interest in this phone from flatlining. Somehow I've missed this one, but that has now changed. Based on what I've read on these last few pages, I look forward to giving it a spin.

As far as keeping that grandfathered unlimited on Verizon, as of right now, the only way is to buy the new phone outright, eliminating the need to change/renew your plan. I've already had a couple of friends do just that, whereas I am holding out for a phone that gets me excited again.

Ed - Klingon women are HOT! (A Trekker for life)
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.

#1347 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

I change ROMs pretty often to keep my interest in this phone from flatlining. Somehow I've missed this one, but that has now changed. Based on what I've read on these last few pages, I look forward to giving it a spin.

As far as keeping that grandfathered unlimited on Verizon, as of right now, the only way is to buy the new phone outright, eliminating the need to change/renew your plan. I've already had a couple of friends do just that, whereas I am holding out for a phone that gets me excited again.

FJ is Awesome you'll be very pleased

#1348 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

Just a Note,

Grandfathered Plan is good for now... Buying your Phone at full Value going to be short term too...Not running two option Plans...Data vs Unlimited

#1349 dwh2o13

dwh2o13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

Just a Note,

Grandfathered Plan is good for now... Buying your Phone at full Value going to be short term too...Not running two optionPlans...Data vs Unlimited

I'm do for an upgrade in June. Thought about just hanging on with my RAZR Maxx. It's running great and I've got the unlimited.

So you're saying they will be discontinuing the unlimited regardless of where your at or what you do with your plan?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#1350 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

I asked this before and got a answer but asking again as this is a new rom. I am going to back this new version rom up. Then, going to install it in my oem rom slot. Last time I asked, someone here did that and was successful. This this new rom, am I able to do that and also restore my oem rom that is not updated. I did not take the update. Reason why if you ask, is that I like to have my phone run smooth and at times it does not when I am running rom slot 1 with 3 gigs. 

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#1351 dwh2o13

dwh2o13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

I'm do for an upgrade in June. Thought about just hanging on with my RAZR Maxx. It's running great and I've got the unlimited.

So you're saying they will be discontinuing the unlimited regardless of where your at or what you do with your plan?

Although, a new phone does sound fun

• The Persuader likes this

#1352 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

I am out of my plan and month to month now. 2 years, 2 hard years use on this amazing Razr. I plan on doing same and buying newer used phone when mine is ready to lay to rest. I do not use my data crazy like before when that was my internet lol. If they take it away, they might loose me as a customer. 

#1353 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

That's correct...

But they are very Evasive to when they are pulling the Plug or Grandfather Plan...As he says...Very soon or a Sales Pitch too....But the Drum is Beating Louder than before...

However, If everyone Keeps Paying Full value...It may be Great Cash Revenue for them ...

Full Value its Waaaaay Over Price at $700...If they are selling for $300 with a Data Plan their making a killing $700 if your staying Grandfathered...   

#1354 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

I am out of my plan and month to month now. 2 years, 2 hard years use on this amazing Razr. I plan on doing same and buying newer used phone when mine is ready to lay to rest. I do not use my data crazy like before when that was my internet lol. If they take it away, they might loose me as a customer. 

Your in the Pilot Seat...Wait till June...

The Razr Maxx is Awesome...

Example, my Droid X which I thought was the Best ...now has Competition...The last 3 Days I've been using my Droid X because I crushed my Phone in a Car Door...

Its 4 years Old...

Still running a Muni ROM and Still no Issues...runs a 3G all the time...and its faster and More responsive than some of the Newer ROMs...

Haven't had One Issue since I bought it New...the Original Phone..

#1355 MineNow

MineNow

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

Just a Note,

Grandfathered Plan is good for now... Buying your Phone at full Value going to be short term too...Not running two option Plans...Data vs Unlimited

Oh yes, I am aware. That's why I put "as of right now" in my post. It's just a matter of when, and well, no one at Verizon is saying when. I can guarentee they are going to lose a lot of customers when that happens. I am not a data hog by any stretch, but I do have my moments of heavy file transfers or downloading of large files, and have no desire to mointor how much I am pulling down. Paying full orice for a phone isn't something I look forward to doing, but to keep unlimited, if that is still an option, I will.

As far as this ROM is concerned, I'm loving just how bare it is. Time will tell for performance, though, out the gate it is nice.

Ed - Klingon women are HOT! (A Trekker for life)
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.

#1356 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

I asked this before and got a answer but asking again as this is a new rom. I am going to back this new version rom up. Then, going to install it in my oem rom slot. Last time I asked, someone here did that and was successful. This this new rom, am I able to do that and also restore my oem rom that is not updated. I did not take the update. Reason why if you ask, is that I like to have my phone run smooth and at times it does not when I am running rom slot 1 with 3 gigs.

Yeah I've heard people have been successful in doing that. If you know what you're doing, go for it. We usually don't strongly encourage it because it can present problems when wanting to flash a different ROM or returning to stock software, causing more chances for a brick.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions if you run into trouble.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• The Persuader and T3T3droid like this

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#1357 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

I am going to try it. Want to to run smoother and I am think that is how.

#1358 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:00 AM

Oh yes, I am aware. That's why I put "as of right now" in my post. It's just a matter of when, and well, no one at Verizon is saying when. I can guarentee they are going to lose a lot of customers when that happens. I am not a data hog by any stretch, but I do have my moments of heavy file transfers or downloading of large files, and have no desire to mointor how much I am pulling down. Paying full orice for a phone isn't something I look forward to doing, but to keep unlimited, if that is still an option, I will.

As far as this ROM is concerned, I'm loving just how bare it is. Time will tell for performance, though, out the gate it is nice.

Well I thought they'd Lose Customers too...But...They are the Most Reliable Network out there... 

Out of the Gate...What you see is What you get...Performance and Close to Seemless...Just a tight ROM FlyingJelly is...Not a Lobbyist for FJ... just an Advid User and a Solid ROM

#1359 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:09 AM

I am going to try it. Want to to run smoother and I am think that is how.

FlyingJelly is as Smooth as it Gets...Well maybe "Silk" is.....

I see No Reason to do what you want to do...But as Stated...If issues Occur...this will definitely be a Harder Brick to resolve...

Imo good Friend...Keep your :p Testosterone Out Of Flashing :p

#1360 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:35 AM

Like what can or could happen? I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users