• Please log in to reply
1399 replies to this topic

#1361 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

FlyingJelly is as Smooth as it Gets...Well maybe "Silk" is.....

I see No Reason to do what you want to do...But as Stated...If issues Occur...this will definitely be a Harder Brick to resolve...

Imo good Friend...Keep your :p Testosterone Out Of Flashing :p

Lol.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#1362 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

Like what can or could happen?I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.

I don't know...never tried it. Is your system version .16 like FJ? If it is then you should be fine. Make sure to backup your stock slot before anything though.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#1363 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

Yes. I have not done the update. Stock is 16 and backed up. I have the new as 3.65 installed too. I have the newest FJ installed too. If I brick, I will fix it. Remembered back when Droid 1 was a monster of a phone and you did not have BS or SS. Or I never used it. If I remember back then what I ran into. I should be fine. If others are wanting to do it took. I will be a ginnie pig and test it form a week.

• The Persuader likes this
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#1364 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

Yes. I have not done the update. Stock is 16 and backed up. I have the new as 3.65 installed too. I have the newest FJ installed too. If I brick, I will fix it. Remembered back when Droid 1 was a monster of a phone and you did not have BS or SS. Or I never used it. If I remember back then what I ran into. I should be fine. If others are wanting to do it took. I will be a ginnie pig and test it form a week.

He's fine...
I too remember the SBF Days

"Let the Big Breathe"

It's Bubba :)
" Stubborn In Your Bones "

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1365 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

Total epic fail. I backed up my oem and then backed up slot 1 with the new 3.1 FJ. I then restored that back up on my stock rom slot. Restore was completed but...FAILED. So, it will boot but stays at TLS screen. I am able to go back to slot 1 and use that rom. I am not able to browse my sd card to select the oem rom back up. I then moved it to the FJ back up and low and behold. Not able to see it. I am thinking since I backed it up in 3.11v. I might need to install that SS version if I can still get it and see if I am able to restore it. For now, I am able to use my phone. Will be fixed soon enough. So after I fix it or hope to. I will back up my stock oem rom in the 3.65 ss version and see if that will fix it. I am still unsure why the restore failed with FJ. Not sure if file location is it or not? The OEM back up is on my ext sd card as the slot 1 FJ is on my int sd card. So now, its time to learn and fix this.  

#1366 T3T3droid

T3T3droid

D3v3lop3r/Th3m3r/Machin3

• Developer
  • 1,115 posts
  • Google+:t3t3droid@gmail.com
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Droid Razr M, SGS4

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

Total epic fail. I backed up my oem and then backed up slot 1 with the new 3.1 FJ. I then restored that back up on my stock rom slot. Restore was completed but...FAILED. So, it will boot but stays at TLS screen. I am able to go back to slot 1 and use that rom. I am not able to browse my sd card to select the oem rom back up. I then moved it to the FJ back up and low and behold. Not able to see it. I am thinking since I backed it up in 3.11v. I might need to install that SS version if I can still get it and see if I am able to restore it. For now, I am able to use my phone. Will be fixed soon enough. So after I fix it or hope to. I will back up my stock oem rom in the 3.65 ss version and see if that will fix it. I am still unsure why the restore failed with FJ. Not sure if file location is it or not? The OEM back up is on my ext sd card as the slot 1 FJ is on my int sd card. So now, its time to learn and fix this.

I petty much can guarantee the reason it failed us because the backup was made on 3.11... usually the backups aren't compatible from one to another, just like with certain version updates to twrp which is what ss is based off of.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Posted Image
Sig by Bama
If you like our work please consider
Donating towards
Phones and Site costs :D Thanks!!

#1367 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

I did the FJ back up in 3.65 though, Phone is running great. I have not set anything up yet apks wise. Not sure why It failed though. I am going to try again as I got a FJ update that I installed today. See how that goes. Always reinstall 3.11. I can still get that one right? Learning is fun.

#1368 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

I reinstalled 3.11 and still nothing. So, I am going to fast boot it back to 16. Then try again. Question though. If I wipe stock slot. Data/factory. Will that effect my slot onenrom? As in more memory and speed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1369 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

I reinstalled 3.11 and still nothing. So, I am going to fast boot it back to 16. Then try again. Question though. If I wipe stock slot. Data/factory. Will that effect my slot onenrom? As in more memory and speed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

No...wiping data on your stock slot will not effect any of your other ROM slots. If you wipe your internal storage, you will loose all of your ROM slots and anything else you have stored on the phone.

#1370 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

I am back to normal with my 3.11 back up OEM ROM. I fast booted back and restored. I am good.

• jp1044 likes this

#1371 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

I am back to normal with my 3.11 back up OEM ROM. I fast booted back and restored. I am good.

Good to hear!

#1372 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

And it seems like there are no other problems with the latest release so that will be the final 3.1 release. Thanks for your help guys! Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
  • The Persuader, T3T3droid and jayrod like this

#1373 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

And it seems like there are no other problems with the latest release so that will be the final 3.1 release. Thanks for your help guys!Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

And another fine ROM has ridden off into the sunset.

Sent via Blacked out TapaTalk on my Eclipsed Dev X

#1374 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

Cheers!

#1375 Guest_Ovrlord_*

Guest_Ovrlord_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

Hello, I am sort of new to all of this so if i'm missing something obvious, just let me know.

So I have the Razr M. It was given to me pre-rooted with Flying Jelly 1.1 as the current ROM.
I was looking to update the Rom to 3.0. But when I flash, after booting and going past the safestrap screen, it stays black, no matter how long I wait. I have to force the phone to power off with power and vol- and then restore my backup.

This has happened with both FJ 2.0 and 3.0
I have safestrap 3.12. But when I go to recovery it says Safestrap Recovery v3.11(TWRP v2.2.2.1). I'm not sure if thats normal or not.

My process is:
put the ROM at the root of the SD card
Backup
Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik, Factory Reset, Wipe System, Format Data
Install Rom from the location on the SD card

I also have deleted Slot 1 and remade it, wiping before and after.
The install process goes smooth and there are never errors, but then when I reboot it goes to a blackscreen after safestrap. Ive waited an hour and there is never anything.
I thought it might have to do with having a locked bootloader but after unlocking it with motopocalypse, it does the same stuff,

Any Ideas?

Thank you in advance

#1376 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:30 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

That's for the M (xt907)...this is for the og razr(xt912) if you're trying to flash this version, in this thread, to an M... its not going to work. Try the one in the link...good luck. :D

#1377 Guest_Ovrlord_*

Guest_Ovrlord_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Wow. I can't believe I missed that. Thank you. I thought this was for both. It worked, btw, flawlessly I might add. Thank you a ton

• jl90 likes this

#1378 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Wow. I can't believe I missed that. Thank you. I thought this was for both. It worked, btw, flawlessly I might add. Thank you a ton

Very welcome. That's what android should be about...helping people enjoy their devices. :D
  • jp1044 likes this

#1379 MeltingPlastic

MeltingPlastic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

So having an issue installing this on my VZW XT912.

First attempt last night:

Deleted Slot 1, created slot 1, wiped all, flashed 3.0, flashed 3.0.1 wiped cache and delvik, booted the first time and got a boot loop after safestrap

2nd attempt

Deleted slot 1, created slot 1, wiped system data and cache, flashed 3.0, reboot

This time i got into the setup, but after it optimized all my apps, "test messaging" crashed and I can never get past the "please wait while update your device" after selecting english as it hung there for over 30 minutes.  The system was responsive to screen rotation and i could hold the power down and click reboot but never able to actually setup my phone.  Any ideas on this?  I would really like to give this ROM a go as i see all the great reviews on it.  Maybe i need to wipe my internal memory and try it that way first?

#1380 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

So having an issue installing this on my VZW XT912.

First attempt last night:

Deleted Slot 1, created slot 1, wiped all, flashed 3.0, flashed 3.0.1 wiped cache and delvik, booted the first time and got a boot loop after safestrap

2nd attempt
Deleted slot 1, created slot 1, wiped system data and cache, flashed 3.0, reboot

This time i got into the setup, but after it optimized all my apps, "test messaging" crashed and I can never get past the "please wait while update your device" after selecting english as it hung there for over 30 minutes. The system was responsive to screen rotation and i could hold the power down and click reboot but never able to actually setup my phone. Any ideas on this? I would really like to give this ROM a go as i see all the great reviews on it. Maybe i need to wipe my internal memory and try it that way first?

Are you using the latest safe strap? I believe 3.65? Have you tried redownloading 3.0 and 3.0.1? After redownloading, repeat the steps of your first attempt but apon your first reboot, let it boot and sit on its own without interaction for at least 10 minutes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users