#1 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Where to start…..When I first took the position as Chief of Staff, it was a honor to have been chosen when there were so many other people that were well more qualified. DirtyDroidX gave me a chance and I was and still am humbled by this adventure. We have had some ups and downs but I know that’s always going to happen and is almost a necessity in life. I pride myself personally and professionally in leaving something in a more improved condition than what it was when I take over. DrityDroidX and the rest of the originals, handed over an amazing site and I did what I think was best to make it even more. There are decisions that I wish I could take back and others I wish I would have made sooner but that’s neither here nor there now.

I owe this site a lot. Before Droidrzr.com, I owned a Droid 1 and only went to one site as a member. I knew the basics of what the mod world was, and could help out people with basic things but that’s about it. It was only when I joined this site that everything I didn’t know I knew really came out. There are a few people that really took me under their wing and showed me the ropes. DirtyDroidX, NattyBee, and Jolly were some of the firsts. We gained a few more staff and I learned even more, not just with modding, but with site maintenance, themes, and wallpapers. 24v, TucsTwo, and Matt really showed me a lot. I look up to these guys. They have a lot of knowledge that really is a vital asset to this site.

But when I took this position, I also knew it wouldn’t last too long because of my job in the military and how often we deploy. DirtyDroidX understood this and said we would deal with that when the time comes. Well, that time has come and I don’t have much more time before I leave. I have a lot to get done personally, and just want to spend more time with my wife and boys before I go. So with that said I am stepping down as Chief of Staff and handing everything back over to DirtyDroidX. I want to thank everyone for having trust in me and allowing me to be their leader over these past 6 months. This site really is a extension of my family and is a blast to interact with. We’ve made it this far and god only knows where this site is headed but I feel it’s always going to be going in the right direction. I’ll still be around up till I leave on my deployment and even while I am gone. The biggest change (which most can attest to) is how easy it will be to get a hold of me. I’ve prided myself on answering my Gtalk at any hour of the night or day and always had an open door policy.

But the site is in good hands, the hands of one of its founders. Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the good times as your leader. Without further ado, DirtyDroidX, the site is yours again.
  • mattlgroff, VantenKiest, droidian1441 and 14 others like this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#2 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

First off I must say that it has been a pleasure getting to know you in the short time I've been here. I feel you have done a wonderful job. I also believe DDX will continue doing a wonderful job. You have been easy to get along with and very down to earth. Enjoy your family and be safe when you are deployed. I for one respect you not only for what you have done here, but also what you do outside of droidrzr. My hat's off to you my good man.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

• johnlgalt likes this

#3 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Well it's a sad day Boss. I wanna thank you for bringing me aboard and showing me the ropes. I fully appreciate your reasons for stepping down and thank you for serving our country and all you do.
  • satman80, johnlgalt and johnthehillbilly like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#4 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Stay safe out there, and we'll see you soon!

• wabmorgan, Gytole and johnlgalt like this

#5 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

russ,thank you very much for all you have done and for listening to me when i needed you,it's been a pleasure serving under your leadership,hope everything works out for you and yours
  • Gytole and johnlgalt like this

#6 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for everything, Russ. It's been an honor to work under your command for the past few months. I wish you and your family the best of luck going forward! We're gonna miss you!
  • johnlgalt likes this

Posted Image

#7 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!
  • Current Device(s):HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 FLO

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Thach, we'll be waiting for your return on Droidrzr. we're family.
  • neckchop and johnlgalt like this
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#8 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for all you've done Thach!! Stay safe :)
  • johnlgalt likes this

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#9 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Thank You for everything Russ, I will definitly miss you, stay safe, and hope to see you back soon! You know this home always has an open door, don't be gone to long..
  • johnlgalt likes this

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#10 Brutus06

Brutus06

Drunken Monk Brewery

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Google+:leereitz12@gmail.com
  • LocationSouth Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Bionic(retired), Lenovo Tablet, Moto G

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Until your safe return, farewell. Hopefully you still get to stay in touch with the community while being gone.
  • johnlgalt likes this

#11 Rinkle McBally

Rinkle McBally

Perv McGert

• Developer
  • 860 posts
  • Twitter:Rinkle_McBally
  • Google+:RinkleMcBally22@gmail.com
  • LocationForest Lake MN
  • Current Device(s):S3 D2vzw, Galaxy Tab 2

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Thanks bud for all that you have done on DroidRzr. I personally look up to you and thank you for all the guidance you have showed me. Enjoy your family and have a safe deployment we'll be waiting for your return. Big thanks to you again
  • johnlgalt likes this

rink2_zps72b73afa.png

**** If you want a signature, wallpaper or avatar done feel free to hit me up send me a pm ****

#12 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Man, six months? Time sure does go by fast.

Russ my friend, you did a great job as Chief of Staff here and you have many people, including me, who now look up to you for what you've done here. You've earned a great amount of respect here, all of which you deserve. I personally want to give you my thanks for everything you've done for us all. I've enjoyed being apart of the staff while I've been here. Stay safe during your deployment. Like others have said, don't stay gone too long.

--Sam
  • johnlgalt likes this

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#13 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

wow....what can i say that has not already been said....? LOL....Russ, It has been an honour and a pleasure working with you..... and i bid you Godspeed!!! be safe my friend... Via Con Dios!!
  • johnlgalt likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#14 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

man we should have a dislike button. be safe my friend. was an honor to serve under you... sad to see that end.. but best of luck. keep in touch you and your family :D
  • Gytole and johnlgalt like this
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#15 Badger50

Badger50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Google+:badger50@gmail.com
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

Godspeed Thach. Stay safe out there, thank you very much for all you have done for the site, and for our country. We all wish you a safe and speedy return :-)
  • johnlgalt likes this
Posted Image

#16 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

Thatch, thank you for everything you have done for our site. I know about the countless hours spent trying to get things "just right". Good luck on your deployment and you'd better come home safe!
  • johnlgalt likes this

#17 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

Thach, Great working with you, stay safe!
  • johnlgalt likes this

vtc.png

#18 RoWilJr

RoWilJr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationIL
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy SIII

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

Stay safe/Check six!

sent from a Galaxy SIII near you

• johnlgalt likes this

#19 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

Thanks for all that you have done around here...and for all that you do abroad for the country!
  • johnlgalt likes this

#20 nerv666999

nerv666999

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx HD & droid razr maxx

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

To your safe and healthy return!
  • johnlgalt likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic