Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

np, should have waited another day though since SuperSU was just updated to 1.05. oh well.

Ah well. Easy enough to update it. Just was looking for a stock base to run for a while.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#22 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

updated links in op; using koush's superuser now :)

#23 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

I bit the bullet, installed safestrap backed up stock system, and Flashed the Deodex package. Worked great, all is well, thanks for this!

#24 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

Alright, I was reading that no .odex files will show in system/app if you are truly deodex'd, but When I look, all the .apks are there and .odex files are there too, but P3droid Razr M toolbox let me change the battery icon on stock system, am I deodexed? I used the updated file and it said it installed successfully.

#25 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Yeah this is what I was asking about in the safe strap thread.
The deodex package removes both the app and framework directories completely and replaces them with directories containing only apk, so if you see odex files then the package didn't install. Safe strap says the install was successful but it wasn't.
Iirc, straight image mods don't require being deodexed; xml and smali edits do require it though.

#26 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

i just updated the deodex package because with the original one, all apks were signed and zipaligned. this caused problems when trying to update apps that had market updates, like google apps, which failed signature verification. with the new deodexed package, i deodexed, signed, and zipaligned only the previously odexed apks.
  • tmyinc likes this

#27 altspeed

altspeed

Director of National Stupidity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Twitter:@Pat_Droid
  • Google+:+Patrick Robinson
  • LocationDallas Texas
  • Current Device(s):RIP 8 & 16 GB Bionics, XT912 RAZR Maxx, XT907 RAZR M Current XT 1060 Motomaker Future Nexus 6

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

doesn't the code in fact run a little clunkier deodexed even with all other things being equal? isn't that the whole deal, you only deodex it if you want tweak the GUI and know how to make enough performance tweaks to compensate for deodexing it to begin with as well?

"We are the People Verizon warned you about"

8 GB Bionic JB, 16 GB Bionic JB, Bionic Lapdock X2, Razr Maxx XT912 JB, Razr M XT907 JBLX

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users