66 replies to this topic

#21 KrYpToNiTe

KrYpToNiTe

• Superuser
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Moto X, Asus Infinity TF700T

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

Worked perfectly on stock jelly bean! Thanks!

Mike

Your Welcome!

#22 tredemark

tredemark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

GREAT !! I dont have to waste my time with roms and third party apps. Just what I needed.

Kind of tired of trying roms, just want simple upgrades.

Thanks OP
Just an Apple Employee that loves Android #TeamAndroid

#23 KrYpToNiTe

KrYpToNiTe

• Superuser
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

GREAT !! I dont have to waste my time with roms and third party apps. Just what I needed.

Thanks OP

I understand I'm the same way, that's why I started theming and modifying stock roms to get what I liked.

#24 tredemark

tredemark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Okay so clearly I did something wrong....flashed the odex 1% and Toggles ..... wiped cache and davlik, when it rebooted, nothing changed. I'm kinda barely paying attention since I'm at work, but Ill try again here in a few.

Edit: wait nvm, I'm using the stock slot smh. My error.
Just an Apple Employee that loves Android #TeamAndroid

#25 Techno

Techno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

I wouldn't recommend flashing to the stock slot I think the update scripts have to be made different. This mod is made for flashing in the non stock slots. If you want this mod on the stock side then I would extract the zip then copy over the services.jar and service.odex to the framework folder then set permissions to rw-r-r then reboot into safestrap wipe cache and dalvik. Then repeat the process for the systemui apk and odex, if you try to copy them both at the same time it might crash.

Tried to do this to the stock side, and it failed. It seems like every app that starts, gets the 'stopped unexpectedly' error. Good thing I made a backup!

I really want this mod, (the batt portion), on my stock side...

Edit: Spoke too soon. Restored my nandroid backup, and when my phone boots, the red M, and then no video. I can hear the boot sound, etc. Booted into recovery, wiped cache and Dalvic cache, rebooted, still no video. If I boot to Slot 1, where Fuzion is, all is well. I really want my stock side back, with all of my installed apps... WAHHHH!. Oh well, unless someone has a good suggestion, I will just reflash the stock JB back to that side...
I brew the beer I drink.

#26 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Thanks OP

Amen!

Tapped by Phatdaddy

#27 KrYpToNiTe

KrYpToNiTe

• Superuser
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Tried to do this to the stock side, and it failed. It seems like every app that starts, gets the 'stopped unexpectedly' error. Good thing I made a backup!

I really want this mod, (the batt portion), on my stock side...

Edit: Spoke too soon. Restored my nandroid backup, and when my phone boots, the red M, and then no video. I can hear the boot sound, etc. Booted into recovery, wiped cache and Dalvic cache, rebooted, still no video. If I boot to Slot 1, where Fuzion is, all is well. I really want my stock side back, with all of my installed apps... WAHHHH!. Oh well, unless someone has a good suggestion, I will just reflash the stock JB back to that side...

Dang that sucks I think stock flashing and restoring is still buggy with safestrap 3.11 that's why I always use slots and don't touch my stock side.

#28 Techno

Techno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Dang that sucks I think stock flashing and restoring is still buggy with safestrap 3.11 that's why I always use slots and don't touch my stock side.

I didn't flash it, I tried to copy the servies.jar and services.odex files. I made backups of the stock ones, then copied the new ones into the folder, rebooted, and blank screen.
I brew the beer I drink.

#29 KrYpToNiTe

KrYpToNiTe

• Superuser
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

I didn't flash it, I tried to copy the servies.jar and services.odex files. I made backups of the stock ones, then copied the new ones into the folder, rebooted, and blank screen.

Oh sorry misread your post, I will remove that option from the OP framework files are temper mental and normally needs to flashed. Have you tried to connect via adb on stock side if you had it enabled and correct the permissions or push original files back?

#30 Techno

Techno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Oh sorry misread your post, I will remove that option from the OP framework files are temper mental and normally needs to flashed. Have you tried to connect via adb on stock side if you had it enabled and correct the permissions or push original files back?

No, but if you don't mind giving me the directions, I can try. I have used ADB before, but am not real fluent with it. I took the original files and renamed them to .orig, like services.jar.orig.
When you said 'set the permissions', all I did was mount the folder read/write, then unmount it when I was done. Is that where I screwed up?

I would appreciate the help...
I brew the beer I drink.

#31 KrYpToNiTe

KrYpToNiTe

• Superuser
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

No, but if you don't mind giving me the directions, I can try. I have used ADB before, but am not real fluent with it. I took the original files and renamed them to .orig, like services.jar.orig.
When you said 'set the permissions', all I did was mount the folder read/write, then unmount it when I was done. Is that where I screwed up?

I would appreciate the help...

You need to open a command prompt and change to the directery where adb is then type in "adb shell "su -c 'chmod 0644 /system/framework/services.jar" then "adb shell "su -c 'chmod 0644 /system/framework/services.odex" if you don't have the android sdk with adb I can make a zip file with it and a script to run to set the permissions if you want.

#32 Techno

Techno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

Thanks a ton for your willingness to help. Last night I was poking around in there with ADB and could not find the original files. That is when I remembered the part where I 'restored a nandroid backup'. After the restore is when the screen when dark. I don't think those files are the culprits any longer. I appreciate the offer of making a script, though, but I don't think it will help.

On a positive note, now that I am running on Slot 1, your mod works GREAT!
I brew the beer I drink.

#33 KrYpToNiTe

KrYpToNiTe

• Superuser
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

Thanks a ton for your willingness to help. Last night I was poking around in there with ADB and could not find the original files. That is when I remembered the part where I 'restored a nandroid backup'. After the restore is when the screen when dark. I don't think those files are the culprits any longer. I appreciate the offer of making a script, though, but I don't think it will help.

On a positive note, now that I am running on Slot 1, your mod works GREAT!

Your welcome, I'm sorry that copying the files didn't work. It's good to know that at least your running on slot1, hopefully the jb ota will drop and fastboot files will be released soon.

#34 runner1717

runner1717

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Any chance of you re-doing these files for the new JB OTA release? I loved the odexed version on the JB Christmas leak but unfortunately it doesn't work on the OTA. It will hose your phone if you try it on the new OTA. I know, I tried....

Hope you'll do it!

Thanks,

Mike

#35 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

Any chance of you re-doing these files for the new JB OTA release? I loved the odexed version on the JB Christmas leak but unfortunately it doesn't work on the OTA. It will hose your phone if you try it on the new OTA. I know, I tried....

Hope you'll do it!

Thanks,

Mike

Nevermind lol. I'll be working on this tomorrow. :)
  • runner1717 likes this

#36 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Hope you'll do it!

Thanks,

Mike

The 1% battery only Deodex file works. (On the Deodex OTA JB file.)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#37 runner1717

runner1717

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Nevermind lol. I'll be working on this tomorrow. :)

Unfortunately the odexed ones don't work.

Thanks! Looking forward to these!

Mike

#38 KrYpToNiTe

KrYpToNiTe

• Superuser
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hope you'll do it!

Thanks,

Mike

Yea I will try to get it done tonight if I can't it might be a while I'm heading home for spring break and I'm not taking my desktop home. But I will start working on it now since I'm waiting on a repo to sync :)

#39 KrYpToNiTe

KrYpToNiTe

• Superuser
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Updated the mod to the 98.72.16 OTA hopefully they all work correctly I'm still dual booting to test them, and I'm fixing to head home for spring break so I won't be able to fix anything until I get back later this week. Enjoy!
  • cvhovey likes this

#40 runner1717

runner1717

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

Thank you Thank you! Installed the odexed 1% and it worked just fine! Was surprised how much I missed this. I like running mostly stock but I really like the 1% mod and the odexed files fit right into my stock rom.

Thanks for getting these re-done!

Mike

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users