60 replies to this topic

#41 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:cardi4life

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

ICS would be nice... but the GB version of RAZR is still awesome.
What I really want is Chrome Beta and for that I need ICS!!!

Moto lets get moving on this.
Google come on already, Release Chrome for all you phones. or at Least your Moto Phone since you now own the company...

sideload the .75 ics leak u can get chrome don't touch .84 or .85 or your stuck on it. I've been on the .75 leek since it came out and love the ics goodness

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#42 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

^^^ I'm tempted at this point man...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#43 qoncept

qoncept

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

Is Motorola really that bad? I've had a Blackberry Curve, OG Droid, Droid X, a Thunderbolt for a couple weeks, an original Galaxy for a couple weeks, X2, and now the Razr Maxx. The only HTC, Thunderbolt, was just about the worst piece of electronics I've ever had in my life. The Galaxy had Bing. And nevermind the Blackberry.

In my experience, only Motorola smartphones have been worth a crap.

#44 roBrey85

roBrey85

Brey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationVegas

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:52 AM

Is Motorola really that bad? I've had a Blackberry Curve, OG Droid, Droid X, a Thunderbolt for a couple weeks, an original Galaxy for a couple weeks, X2, and now the Razr Maxx. The only HTC, Thunderbolt, was just about the worst piece of electronics I've ever had in my life. The Galaxy had Bing. And nevermind the Blackberry.

In my experience, only Motorola smartphones have been worth a crap.

In HTC's defense, Tbolt was the worst POS ever but the Incredible was the best phone I've ever owned. I do feel a lot of people are in that boat too.

Posted Image

#45 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

The only people who think they are being screwed by Motorola are modders. Most customers are perfectly happy since they have no desire to have their bootloader unlocked.

#46 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

Most Motorola customers don't even know what a bootloader is. We here at DR are a small percentage of RAZR owners.
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#47 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Well, I came here from a Droid X2. I'm also one of those who said he'd never own another Motorola phone again. I lied. When I left the X2, I bought a HTC Rezound. It was the most worthless phone I've ever had. I say phone because data was fine but the damn thing would only ring for about one out of every 4 or 5 calls that I received. I returned it for another after a having it for a few days. The second was no better than the first.

I live in a rural area but the cell tower is only a mile and a half out of town. I never once had a problem with any of the Moto phones I've owned. In the end, I returned the second Rezound and got a Razr Maxx. Haven't looked back since. Bottom line (for me anyway) is that a phone with an unlocked bootloader isn't worth a damn if it can't handle its main function (a phone). I've said it before and I'll say it again, the grass isn't always greener...........

Oh, perhaps I should add, my brother bought a Rezound too. Came to visit and he had no better luck than I. So......

#48 Androidatic

Androidatic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:30 AM

In HTC's defense, Tbolt was the worst POS ever but the Incredible was the best phone I've ever owned. I do feel a lot of people are in that boat too.

I loved my Incredible. I ended up with the Razr and regret it. Maybe regret is too strong a word, but there is just something missing with the Razr. I just can't put my finger on it.

I'm even thinking about the iPhone 5 if it comes with a 4" screen and LTE. I've been with Android since the Eris was released but it just might be time for a change.

#49 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

Most Motorola customers don't even know what a bootloader is.

Nor do they care.

#50 Androidatic

Androidatic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

Most Motorola customers don't even know what a bootloader is. We here at DR are a small percentage of RAZR owners.

I would say that most non-Nexus Android owners don't know what a bootloader is.

#51 Rycix

Rycix

Bouncing Ball Of Energy / Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

I loved my Incredible. I ended up with the Razr and regret it. Maybe regret is too strong a word, but there is just something missing with the Razr. I just can't put my finger on it.

I'm even thinking about the iPhone 5 if it comes with a 4" screen and LTE. I've been with Android since the Eris was released but it just might be time for a change.

I think the biggest things you'd notice are the missing back button and more apps are rejected depending on what apple decides to allow at the time. I think you'll be waiting for jailbreaks and maybe even paying for things in Cydia so that you can get closer to the experience you had on Android. I came over from iOS (iPod Touch 4G) and I don't regret it. (And yes, you have to pay for pretty much every app over there too) I'd recommend you try out an iPod Touch before going the full commitment and getting the next iPhone on a 2-year agreement, just my 2 cents.
Droid Razr XT912, cooling down with ICS on 6.16.211

Posted Image

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#52 Androidatic

Androidatic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

I think the biggest things you'd notice are the missing back button and more apps are rejected depending on what apple decides to allow at the time. I think you'll be waiting for jailbreaks and maybe even paying for things in Cydia so that you can get closer to the experience you had on Android. I came over from iOS (iPod Touch 4G) and I don't regret it. (And yes, you have to pay for pretty much every app over there too) I'd recommend you try out an iPod Touch before going the full commitment and getting the next iPhone on a 2-year agreement, just my 2 cents.

I had a Touch a while back. When I got my first Android Verizon didn't have the iPhone so I really had no choice at the time.

My wife and son both have the 4. I like them except for the size. I really just think it's time for a change.

I really like the third party support too. Mainly the vast amount of available docks, speakers, etc.

We'll see when the 5 comes out. I want to see it in person, handle it to see how it feels, etc.

#53 dandude23

dandude23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:46 AM

He's right about the back button. And the menu button for that matter. Using my family's ipad becomes a chore to me because I'm so used to android. Its just so much more versatile

#54 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

I never heard of Jelly Beans other than the candy. Who thinks of these funny names for operating systems? Ics .75 is great and I been on it about 2 weeks after it came to this killer site. But I have been getting a lot of glitches. Apks not working right anymore or they will freeze and fc. Phone goes in and out of 4g all the time or it is slow as loading the browser. I been thinking of going back to a fresh install and see if that fixes it. I love my RAZR. The og droid was an amazing phone. This phone has all what I need and the durability is a plus for me. The devs can make a better rom to put ics to shame. Give them time. Razrv1.2 was a great gb rom. If they do not come out with ics so be it. I just love that I can do what ever I want to my phone and they cannot do jack. I am not a fan of ipods or iphone.

Too powerful but yet trainable.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#55 Rycix

Rycix

Bouncing Ball Of Energy / Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

I never heard of Jelly Beans other than the candy. Who thinks of these funny names for operating systems? Ics .75 is great and I been on it about 2 weeks after it came to this killer site. But I have been getting a lot of glitches. Apks not working right anymore or they will freeze and fc. Phone goes in and out of 4g all the time or it is slow as loading the browser. I been thinking of going back to a fresh install and see if that fixes it. I love my RAZR. The og droid was an amazing phone. This phone has all what I need and the durability is a plus for me. The devs can make a better rom to put ics to shame. Give them time. Razrv1.2 was a great gb rom. If they do not come out with ics so be it. I just love that I can do what ever I want to my phone and they cannot do jack. I am not a fan of ipods or iphone.

.75 IS a leak, not to mention an old one. You should expect bugs on pretty much all leaks.
Droid Razr XT912, cooling down with ICS on 6.16.211

Posted Image

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#56 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

True but just odd that it was a few weeks after I flashes it. O well.

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#57 joshuahist

joshuahist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:joshuahist
  • Google+:joshuahist
  • LocationPhiladelphia Pa

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

I had an Incredible and an Incredible 2, and they were both amazing phones, and HTC is amazing towards its developers. My GF just picked up the Rezound and its a pretty awesome phone too.

#58 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

I had an Incredible and an Incredible 2, and they were both amazing phones, and HTC is amazing towards its developers. My GF just picked up the Rezound and its a pretty awesome phone too.

Honestly I'm into all android devices.. in fact they all have their pros and cons...Moto is probably my favorite by design but they upset me the most...lol
Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

#59 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

Before coming to the RAZR I had the Incredible, and Eris before that. This is my first Moto phone and honestly I chose it last minute over the Rezound because of my good experiences with HTC. Sooo glad I picked the Razr though.
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#60 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

Went through the Eris, OG Droid, LG Revolution, Droid Charge, Droid 3, Incredible, Fascinate.

Not in that particular order but here I am on the RAZR now. Even though I complain the locked bootloader, this is by far the best phone I've ever owned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users