23 replies to this topic

#1 xTheDudex

xTheDudex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hi all,

New guy here. Um... lol. I was trying to flash Infex. I forgot to unzip the file and placed the zipped file on my ext card. I noticed this after I had already wiped the dalvik, cache, and formatted the system. I went to reboot so i could put the unzipped file on my card, and now I'm stuck on the Dual Core screen... It's been sitting there for 10 minutes now... I guess I f%$ked up. >< CRAP!!!! Any advice/help would be so much appreciated by you guys.

Many, many thanks in advance.

-Dan

#2 gunrunnintrucker

gunrunnintrucker

n00b

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

If you still have enough battery you can fast boot back to stock.

#3 xTheDudex

xTheDudex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

It seems I can't do that either as I do not have the proper drivers installed.... Ugh.. I really screwed up, I think. tried the fast boot and it didn't work. Do you think if I pull the sd card and pop it in another device, put the correct file on there, and then flash on my razr, it would work??

#4 xTheDudex

xTheDudex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

I'm gonna try a factory reset real quick... jeez.. lol. Maybe I shouldn't do this, bu now I'm desperate

#5 xTheDudex

xTheDudex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

What really ticks me off is that I did a nandroid backup... and when I went to restore.. it didn't recognize it. blah :P

#6 RazrSharpJoel

RazrSharpJoel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Download Matts Utility, not the lite version onto your desk top and follow prompts. Next time you flash you do not unzip the file. You download it onto your phone put it on your exterior SD card, go into bootstrap recovery, wipe cache and dalvik and factory reset and then install zip, choose exterior, find your file and select it.

Sent from my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZR SHARP RAZR MAXX ROCKIN ECLIPSE FRANKENSTEIN AND A SUPER LONG SIGNATURE
  • mattlgroff likes this

#7 xTheDudex

xTheDudex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Thanks Joel. But, I did put the zip file on my ext card. I didn't see it when I went into bootstrap, so I thought I needed to extract it. hmmmm... Where can I find Matts Utility?

#8 xTheDudex

xTheDudex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

Phew... I was able to get the file on the SD card... but I can't get it to run now... damnit. I only have the option to apply update from sdcard.

#9 xTheDudex

xTheDudex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

I get: Signature verification failed
Installation aborted

#10 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Thanks Joel. But, I did put the zip file on my ext card. I didn't see it when I went into bootstrap, so I thought I needed to extract it. hmmmm... Where can I find Matts Utility?

look under the development forums. Can't miss it. If you can charge the phone, charge it first. Then run the firstoption on the utility. I believe its the one to fastboot to.748
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#11 xTheDudex

xTheDudex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Thank you so much weaponx. Appreciate the help guys!!! Many Thanks!~!!!!

#12 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

No problem, that's how we learn...hope you get your phone back ok
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#13 JBeXX

JBeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hope you get back up and running. Once you do just keep in mind that you had the right setup when you first started. You do NOT want to unzip the rom file before installation.
Good luck :)

#14 xTheDudex

xTheDudex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

I'll def let you guys know when I do. D/L the utility now.. Pretty good size lol. This is a fantastic reason to call in to work tomorrow :P HA!!!

#15 xTheDudex

xTheDudex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

And again, THANK YOU!!

#16 xTheDudex

xTheDudex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Guys,

I ran the utility. what is the normal time to reboot the device??? Everything seemed to work just fine. Just curious.. I let it sit for 5.. was still at the Dual Core screen..

#17 xTheDudex

xTheDudex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Okay.. re ran it... it completed... and now i get the ! inside the triangle with little android guy lol. Soooo... What next??? I'm lost at this point.

#18 xTheDudex

xTheDudex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

HOLY $#!+!!! THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!!!... Rebooted it a few diff times... and it finally took... back up and running... time to retry!!! Damn.. you guys are awesome! Very Very much appreciation..

#19 xTheDudex

xTheDudex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

got it installed guys. Awesome... Very beautiful boot ani.. Love this already lol. Awesome ROM!!!! Can we just blame the beer on me screwing up? ;) Anyway, again, thanks guys. Hope everyone has an awesome night!!! WOOOT. Thank you Matt, DT, all you in general for all the information and knowledge I've learned through this site. Amazing. Peace out guys!!

#20 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

isnt this area for roms only? shouldnt asking if you bricked a phone go in a different subforum? like general or hacks? referring to the thread called "non rom threads"....just an fyi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users