23 replies to this topic

#21 RazrSharpJoel

RazrSharpJoel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

got it installed guys. Awesome... Very beautiful boot ani.. Love this already lol. Awesome ROM!!!! Can we just blame the beer on me screwing up? Anyway, again, thanks guys. Hope everyone has an awesome night!!! WOOOT. Thank you Matt, DT, all you in general for all the information and knowledge I've learned through this site. Amazing. Peace out guys!!

Glad you got up and running regardless of where this thread originated

Sent from my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZR SHARP RAZR MAXX ROCKIN ECLIPSE FRANKENSTEIN AND A SUPER LONG SIGNATURE

#22 piccit

piccit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

Guys,

I ran the utility. what is the normal time to reboot the device??? Everything seemed to work just fine. Just curious.. I let it sit for 5.. was still at the Dual Core screen..

It should go past the dual core screen almost right away. You got stuck on that screen in the first place b/c you wiped /sytem and didn't flash a new rom. That's the equivalent of uninstalling Windows (via re-formatting your C drive) and then turing on your computer and expecting Windows to load. Point of story: don't wipe /system and then proceed to not flash a ROM.

To reiterate, you want the zip file to flash a rom, do NOT unzip it. You can (and should!) check that you can see the ROM you plan on flashing from CMW (go like you're going to flash it, then cancel) BEFORE you wipe anything.

#23 xTheDudex

xTheDudex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for the advice, and I apologize about posting in wrong forum guys

#24 alansirhc

alansirhc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

It should go past the dual core screen almost right away. You got stuck on that screen in the first place b/c you wiped /sytem and didn't flash a new rom. That's the equivalent of uninstalling Windows (via re-formatting your C drive) and then turing on your computer and expecting Windows to load. Point of story: don't wipe /system and then proceed to not flash a ROM.

To reiterate, you want the zip file to flash a rom, do NOT unzip it. You can (and should!) check that you can see the ROM you plan on flashing from CMW (go like you're going to flash it, then cancel) BEFORE you wipe anything.

^^this

If you clear your current system and have issues with the new system, restore *something* before you reboot. This wasn't an issue on my old phone where I could just boot back into CWM, but we don't own our bootloader here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users