• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

31.73KB   408 downloads

Well, the long-awaited Motorola X Phone rumor mill is spinning harder these days. While no specs have been confirmed, the device is set to be unveiled at the Google I/O event in May with a slated launch date in July. Previously, the unveiling and launch date were not confirmed.

Hugh Bradlow, CTO for Telstra, has told senior mobile staff at Telstra the new device is a "real breakthrough, a game changer that will put pressure on Samsung and Apple".

You may be asking "What's the big deal here?". Well, for starters this is the first Motorola phone that will be 100% developed by Google since Google's acquisition of Motorola Mobility, an acquisition that cost Google $12.4 billion. The report also states the device is set to "have technology never seen before in a smartphone" and will integrate with Google services more than ever before. It also would be noteworthy to mention that with the "all new technologies" comes a serious chance that this phone could come with some new iteration of the Android OS, maybe Key Lime Pie?

Although we don't have any specs on the phone, this is the first real information that we're getting from the "Googlerola" camp. I'm betting this device will be more Nexus-like in terms of options, software and support which is great news for the development/modding community.

So, what are your thoughts? Do you think a phone solely developed by Google will be able to reclaim some of the market share from Samsung and Apple? What do you think these "new technologies" the report speaks of are? Better yet, what do you want to see improved on with this device? Will you hold your upgrade for this phone? Let us know in the comments!

Source(s):

• satman80, lifeisgood, phrir1 and 1 other like this

Posted Image

#2 KrYpToNiTe

KrYpToNiTe

• Superuser
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Moto X, Asus Infinity TF700T

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

I'm super excited I love Motorola's build quality and battery life but the locked bootloader is annoying. I really hope this phone is as great as the rumors are making it, I plan on buying it as soon as I can!

Is that a leaked photo?

#3 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

It's just a photo of what it "may" look like, that's all. No leaked photos yet that I know of.

Posted Image

#4 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Let the X-games :P
  • medic and zooyork0721 like this

#5 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

Let the X-games :P

AHA! I see what you did there. :D

Posted Image

#6 zonedout44

zonedout44

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr xt912

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

I'm excited about this phone. I'll definitely want to give it a shot when it comes out. I like Motorola's phones, just don't like the bloatware so maybe this is perfect for me.

#7 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

I'm super excited I love Motorola's build quality and battery life but the locked bootloader is annoying. I really hope this phone is as great as the rumors are making it, I plan on buying it as soon as I can!

Is that a leaked photo?

You think Google would release a device that has a locked boot loader or at least a boot loader that CAN be unlocked? This isn't just a Motorola phone. Its a Googarola phone. :D

Sent from RAZR Maxx running BataKang w/ Soft Keys

#8 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

You think Google would release a device that has a locked boot loader or at least a boot loader that CAN be unlocked? This isn't just a Motorola phone. Its a Googarola phone. :D

Which means you'll never see it on Verizon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#9 GeneralSpecific

GeneralSpecific

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

I certainly hope that's not what this phone ends up looking like. On another note, I'm interested in seeing how this stacks up against the Galaxy S IV. I've never owned a Nexus phone before, so who knows, maybe this will be my first one!

#10 KrYpToNiTe

KrYpToNiTe

• Superuser
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

It's just a photo of what it "may" look like, that's all. No leaked photos yet that I know of.

Okay just checking I didn't think any photos had been leaked.

#11 KrYpToNiTe

KrYpToNiTe

• Superuser
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

Yea that's what I was saying that with Google controlling this phone we will get the best of both worlds moto build quality and a unlocked bootloader finally :)

#12 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

VZW can still opt to say no unlocked devices on its networks - regardless of what Google allows.

#13 Punk

Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

And just so everyone knows, the whole $15 a month unlocked bootloader is a joke. Verizon would NOT get away doing something like that - similar to how they tried getting away with charging people for wireless tethering on capped data plans and got shutdown.

#14 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

They're still charging - anyone who is not on a shared data plan (i.e. grandfathered unlimited) still gets charged if they want to tether, or else they find alternate methods.

Plus, I never saw any sort of reimbursement paid to those who were charged in the past that were not supposed to be charged.

#15 sparrow3632

sparrow3632

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Droid Razr

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Can't wait!.. If all the rumors out there are accurate.. I plan on getting one as soon as I can get my hands on one!

#16 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Google+:kevin.page3
  • LocationCopperas Cove, TX (Fort Hood)

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

cant wait...saving my upgrade for this then using the trade in program for this!!! Cant wait...
Posted Image

#17 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

This will be my next phone for sure. I'll be honest, I've been running stock on my RAZR since Christmas. Before that, I was again on stock rooted for most of the ICS life. I'm becoming more and more OK with stock and may just stay that way. So I can really see sticking with my RAZR till this releases.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#18 custer32

custer32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationScio, OH
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Droid X, & Eris

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Now that its google theyre dealing with do you think vzw hat the ability to say no to an unlocked bootloader? really? i would never say no to google or they may never see an android phone again..

#19 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

This will be my next phone for sure. I'll be honest, I've been running stock on my RAZR since Christmas. Before that, I was again on stock rooted for most of the ICS life. I'm becoming more and more OK with stock and may just stay that way. So I can really see sticking with my RAZR till this releases.

?!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

?!!!!!!!!!!!

Did something I say seem confusing?

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users