Photo

[ROM][xt907][PORT][4.3] CyanKang is HERE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#61 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

Idk man I've never had anything like that happen to me Tim might chime in about it later haha

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#62 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

Realized about an hour ago I somehow lost root. Perhaps it happened just before trying to flash and that was the prob. Got rooted again easy enough in twrp I'll try again later and see what happens.

#63 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

Woke up this morning and battery was at 5%. I think the camera was the culprit possibly because when I opened the phone it was on camera. Before I went to bed I was trying to figure out how to get date and time to display when taking pics/movies and just hit power to shut phone down.

#64 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

Anybody tried out the latest build? I haven't gotten a chance to yet

#65 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Anybody else have people telling them there voice echoes back at them? I'm on 8/28 was on 8/29 maybe 9/1 will be the one I should try next.

Update just flashes the 9/1 build and made a few calls. So far so good no echo. Call volume didn't seem as high but no so low its hard to hear. Still got to set everything up hopefully it tests good for me.

#66 Blahman

Blahman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

Anybody else have people telling them there voice echoes back at them? I'm on 8/28 was on 8/29 maybe 9/1 will be the one I should try next.

Update just flashes the 9/1 build and made a few calls. So far so good no echo. Call volume didn't seem as high but no so low its hard to hear. Still got to set everything up hopefully it tests good for me.

Tell me how the battery life on this is.  I'm very interested.

#67 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

Tell me how the battery life on this is.  I'm very interested.

I was in setting yesterday looking for the center clock mod when it froze. Ended up stuck in boot logo and had to use Matt's utility. I had froze NFC because I read it improved batt life so possibly that might have contributed to it freezing I don't know. Gonna give it another go tonight. I was told also that the presence of su can cause a problem. I flashed the updated suzip for 4.3 if that's not necessary somebody please let me know.

#68 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

I don't use supersu I just use the built-in superuser it works fine Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#69 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Can an update be dirty flashed over the old one?

#70 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

Dirty flash a no go for me. Did FAC reset only and flashed 9/3 and slim gapps. All went good and test call was perfect on both ends. Booted into recovery and made a backup. Rebooted and stuck at logo. Frustrating.

#71 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Can an update be dirty flashed over the old one?

Yeah just wipe cache and dalvik it worked for me once before

#72 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

I flashed the 9/3 again last night and have been running it with no problems I've noticed. In call volume on both ends is perfect and volume adjustment seems to work just fine. I plan on trying a reboot or boot into twrp and reboot from there after I get home from work tonight. Anybody have any ideas on steps I should take to hopefully not have anymore issues with booting up?

#73 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

I flashed the 9/3 again last night and have been running it with no problems I've noticed. In call volume on both ends is perfect and volume adjustment seems to work just fine. I plan on trying a reboot or boot into twrp and reboot from there after I get home from work tonight. Anybody have any ideas on steps I should take to hopefully not have anymore issues with booting up?

Don't use slim gapps, use the official gapps for 4.3. Don't dirty flash either, causes problems for me every time.

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#74 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

Don't use slim gapps, use the official gapps for 4.3. Don't dirty flash either, causes problems for me every time.

You have a link to the gapps you rec? I didn't find any links in this thread so used slim because they were rec for another 4.3 ROM I was trying out. Also just to pick your brain. When rebooting is it best or rec to boot into twrp and wipe cash & delvac then reboot? Or should I expect s normal reboot? Seems I read more people wiping for a successful reboot of these ROMs.

#75 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

You have a link to the gapps you rec? I didn't find any links in this thread so used slim because they were rec for another 4.3 ROM I was trying out. Also just to pick your brain. When rebooting is it best or rec to boot into twrp and wipe cash & delvac then reboot? Or should I expect s normal reboot? Seems I read more people wiping for a successful reboot of these ROMs.

Regarding the reboot issue with 4.3, it has something to do with the data partition not getting mounted or being able to be read properly. It's traceable back to TWRP. I have heard but not yet tested that CWM doesn't do it. However, I like the touchscreen function of TWRP and the one CWM version that was supposed to be touch didn't actually respond to touch for me.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

#76 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

Tried it using cwm and same result got stuck at logo when trying a reboot. If there's something to those slim gapps causing issues I'd appreciate a link to gapps or info from somebody getting successful reboots.

#77 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

Tried it using cwm and same result got stuck at logo when trying a reboot. If there's something to those slim gapps causing issues I'd appreciate a link to gapps or info from somebody getting successful reboots.

I use CWM, never used twrp. I use these gapps abs never had a problem rebooting. Personally i always wipe everything when installing roms, whether it's an update or complete change. Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache and system (all twice). Then install rom and these gapps and if i feel like it, a kernel.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I do a normal reboot when it needs it, i only reboot to recovery when doing a new rom.

#78 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

I've tried those gapps before on twrp and two different versions of cwm and they always fail. The zip is only 7.9 KB so it makes me wonder if I keep getting a bad download.

#79 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

I've tried those gapps before on twrp and two different versions of cwm and they always fail. The zip is only 7.9 KB so it makes me wonder if I keep getting a bad download.

You must be getting a bad download. It is 87.49MB. Try downloading from a computer and transfer to your phone. Always do a MD5 check if you think it's a bad download.

#80 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

I'll give that a try thanks. I thought 7.9 KB had to be wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users