Photo

[ROM][xt907][PORT][4.3] CyanKang is HERE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#41 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

I YouTubed a couple of days ago and it seemed to work fine.  I had to see what all the Miley Cyrus talk was all about. ;)

I did the same thing. Lol. It was all crummy vidio so didn't get s good look at the camel toe.
  • RikRong likes this

#42 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

Will somebody post a link with the GAPPS they flashed with this rom? Thank you. Are GAPPS rom specific? i tried my Orion GAPPS and then i didnt have a AOSP keyboard but the system still booted normal and the GAPPS prompted as soon as it booted.... Thaks again.

I used the Slim GAPPs, you can find them on the Slim website.  I think Orion is 4.2 and this is a 4.3 ROM.  You need 4.3 GAPPs. 

• timpohladthomas and fluxor2k like this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#43 fluxor2k

fluxor2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationKnoxville
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

ok thank you. i was also told about goo.im. so i flashed the newest Gapps from there and they seem to be working good. but what sort of things are differant about Slim's? or are almost all Gapps the same. 

#44 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

ok thank you. i was also told about goo.im. so i flashed the newest Gapps from there and they seem to be working good. but what sort of things are differant about Slim's? or are almost all Gapps the same.

Slim are setup to dark all the apps out when u flip the dark switch. Also they remove all unneeded stuff from the apps

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#45 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • Twitter:@joshmink
  • LocationOHIO
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR M

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

I'm not sure what's so confusing about it. Bam cut and copied the code, claimed it as their own, and didn't credit PAC. They also undermined them and released 4.3, with PAC's code, prior to PAC doing it. Yes, Android is all about kanging, but there's a difference between using a device tree/source and cutting/copying code. CK is just CM10.2, with some slight tweaks to it. If you build and port right, then kang all day long, but don't cut and copy, that's $#!+.

It's no coincidence that Tim is now the maintainer of PAC. First off, out of all the devs on XDA that posted Bam, he's the only one that took it down. That shows integrity. Second, BKJolly was involved in pulling Bam and he saw it as an opportunity to bring Tim into PAC's dev team. There's no conspiracy going on, and I wish people would drop the Bam discussion. It's over, it's done, it was a $#!+ situation, and people need to just drop it. If you want it back, port it yourself.

Ya know, I guess since I only check out the xt907 thread I didn't realize it was a bigger issue than one device. I don't mean to stir the sh!t. I still have questions about the whole situation, like how they got the code before it was released, also like how the devs thought they would pull that off if it was a complete copy/paste. Anyways, i am leaving it lie. I guess I just saw bits and pieces of the situation. I am not even complaining, i am thrilled to have official pac, and i am really glad Tim is doing it. The other issue I saw with bam was it included gapps, which is a legal issue I think. Anyways, sorry RikRong. I realize now it was a big issue in the community and i shouldn't have weighed in on something I didn't even fully understand.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

#46 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

I was just on probam 4.4.1 I kinda liked it

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 4

#47 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

Hey what's up with that OSE ROM I found in the directories? It wouldn't flash. Something new?

#48 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

Hey what's up with that OSE ROM I found in the directories? It wouldn't flash. Something new?

That may be the ROM that they've been trying to put together.  If they get it finished, I'm sure it will knock our socks off. 

• timpohladthomas and brandon71 like this

#49 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

Just flashed this ROM with slim gapps. My 3rd 4.3 ROM and so far the best one. In call volume was loud for a change and Netflix/YouTube working fine. Hopefully I found s keeper I really like these ROMs.
  • brandon71 likes this

#50 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Well, I finally ran into the issues that other people have been having.  I thought I was safe, but 4.3 got me, some how.  I'm still trying to dig into it.  I loaded up the update from 8/29 and froze NFC.  However, battery went from 60% to 5% in about 2hrs.  I couldn't find the culprit, but I'm still working on it.  When I tried to restore a backup, it would only flash system and boot.img, with no data.  I'm not sure why this happened either, still digging into it.  So, I reflashed TWRP and was able to restore fully after that.  I guess I'm not always immune to these issues, but happily this was the first time it happened, and even better, it was easily resolved. 

#51 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

Well, I finally ran into the issues that other people have been having. I thought I was safe, but 4.3 got me, some how. I'm still trying to dig into it. I loaded up the update from 8/29 and froze NFC. However, battery went from 60% to 5% in about 2hrs. I couldn't find the culprit, but I'm still working on it. When I tried to restore a backup, it would only flash system and boot.img, with no data. I'm not sure why this happened either, still digging into it. So, I reflashed TWRP and was able to restore fully after that. I guess I'm not always immune to these issues, but happily this was the first time it happened, and even better, it was easily resolved.

Just saved me from some trouble lol I was getting ready to flash the latest build but I think I'll stay on the 8/28 build for now haha

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#52 Blahman

Blahman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

Well, I finally ran into the issues that other people have been having.  I thought I was safe, but 4.3 got me, some how.  I'm still trying to dig into it.  I loaded up the update from 8/29 and froze NFC.  However, battery went from 60% to 5% in about 2hrs.  I couldn't find the culprit, but I'm still working on it.  When I tried to restore a backup, it would only flash system and boot.img, with no data.  I'm not sure why this happened either, still digging into it.  So, I reflashed TWRP and was able to restore fully after that.  I guess I'm not always immune to these issues, but happily this was the first time it happened, and even better, it was easily resolved. 

Same thing happened to me today.  So does the 8/28 battery life better?  And how 'bout the in-call sound on the 8/28?

#53 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

8/28 had good battery and no issues with TWRP.  Volume was low, but not enough to bother me. 

#54 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

8/28 volume almost made me deaf lol

#55 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

So far I came across an issue also today. When talking on the phone the person on the other end is hearing me echo. Two different people told me this and it also does it when I call my house phone. I also noticed the voice of the person I'm talking to will drop low enough I can hardly hear them then it suddenly goes back to normal repeatedly. Perhaps there's something I can flash to help with this?

#56 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

Just to ad I'm on 8/29. Didn't have any problems flashing all went smooth. Tried flashing 8/28 to see if it has same issue but keeps failing.

#57 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

8/28 volume almost made me deaf lol

Now that you mention it, I was running 8/28 with Arrggh's kernel, I think that caused the volume issue. 

• brandon71 likes this

#58 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:51 AM

Wtf. OK so titanium keeps telling me to turn on USB debugging like it always does. Only problem found no developer options to do so. Should be right next to apout phone.

#59 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

Wtf. OK so titanium keeps telling me to turn on USB debugging like it always does. Only problem found no developer options to do so. Should be right next to apout phone.

Go into about phone and tap on the build number about 10 times

• shane1 and Someolddude like this

#60 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:35 AM

Go into about phone and tap on the build number about 10 times

Thanks.

Still trying to figure out why 8/28 build keeps getting a flash fail if you have any ideas on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users