Photo

[ROM][4.4.2][Kit-Kat][Unoffical][XT926] Beanstalk

xt926 kit kat kit-kat beanstalk razr razr hd razr maxx razr max razr max hd xt926 rom

• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

#341 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

Anyone know if it's possible to backup or save all your custom settings? Like the "beanstalk options " ? Stuff like animations, navigation bar etc It takes me a good 30 minutes or so to setup just that alone after I fresh flash. Hoping to find a shortcut!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

You could try backing up the settings apk and just restoring the data next time you flash. It would only work when flashing the same ROM and when there haven't been changes made to the settings all itself. I haven't tried this but I would think it should work.
  • Slickademo likes this

#342 jusharpe

jusharpe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD Rooted unlocked on AOKP

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

Feeling your pain slick, but I have actually attempted this before a couple of times with Titanium Backup and it crashes my phone every time.

Powered by Beanstalk on my RAZR Maxx HD.

• Slickademo likes this

#343 kamaromike

kamaromike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

Under mobile networks set roaming mode from home only to automatic. Will show LTE... No crashes yet on the new build but still testing. 4.4.275 Also custom LCD density still NA... Must be done via build.prop edit. No biggie, but every new flash have to re-edit. Still working on a boot ani, I swear! I'll get it out eventually. PS: Getting the Hangouts crash sending MMS with picture... But only with images from the camera... If I use a downloaded image i.e. from Facebook or the net, I get no error. This happened in another ROM I had a long time ago. Never did get an answer on the issue out how to fix it. I'm assuming something with image size or permissions... Not being converted for MMS...? Noticed after Hangouts crash will respond again after about 5 minutes with 'message not sent, tap to retry' and if you delete all is well. If you retry... Instant crash. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
  • Slickademo likes this

#344 kamaromike

kamaromike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

OK... So. Everything is going better. Hangouts is not compressing or resizing large images causing a crash on send. Dunno if that is on Google's end or ours. But figured it out. For our friend that almost missed work and woke up with a frozen handset and no alarm... I've noticed my alarm clock notification in the bar keeps going on and off... If I go into alarms it will pop back up and stay for a while, then randomly disappear and occasionally reappear... Don't know if that's what caused the crash. I could surmise that the alarm clock service is crashing and restarting and when the alarm tried to go off froze the handset since it may have been in a crashed state... Don't know if that helps but trying to put some observations together for you Dev guys.

#345 kamaromike

kamaromike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

I just woke up to an unresponsive phone and my alarm didn't go off :-o Good thing I've learned to have a back up!

What I was thinking ^^^ in my last post. Forgot to quote before...

• Slickademo likes this

#346 Slickademo

Slickademo

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Under mobile networks set roaming mode from home only to automatic. Will show LTE... No crashes yet on the new build but still testing. 4.4.275Also custom LCD density still NA... Must be done via build.prop edit. No biggie, but every new flash have to re-edit. Still working on a boot ani, I swear! I'll get it out eventually.PS:Getting the Hangouts crash sending MMS with picture... But only with images from the camera... If I use a downloaded image i.e. from Facebook or the net, I get no error. This happened in another ROM I had a long time ago. Never did get an answer on the issue out how to fix it. I'm assuming something with image size or permissions... Not being converted for MMS...? Noticed after Hangouts crash will respond again after about 5 minutes with 'message not sent, tap to retry' and if you delete all is well. If you retry... Instant crash. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I changed to automatic and it still says 4G but I'm convinced it's just for looks.

#347 kamaromike

kamaromike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

Oddness... I have LTE on mine. Did say 4G when I first flashed... But after that change LTE popped up. I'm setting a backup alarm on my tablet. Will see what happens with the clock issue.

#348 Slickademo

Slickademo

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:43 AM

Oddness... I have LTE on mine. Did say 4G when I first flashed... But after that change LTE popped up. I'm setting a backup alarm on my tablet. Will see what happens with the clock issue.

sum ting funny iz going on :unsure:

#349 kamaromike

kamaromike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:03 AM

My alarm went off like "clockwork" - HA! Stupid puns. Despite the alarm set notification issue the alarm clock worked fine and my phone has yet to become unresponsive... So... Dunno, buddy. Beyond of my level of expertise now... Just some glitches in my opinion. Probably get ironed out eventually.

• Slickademo likes this

#350 Slickademo

Slickademo

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

I'm content with this ROM. I've spent more time on this thread than any other ROM and am convinced this is the best KitKat ROM yet. You just can't beat all these features!

#351 kamaromike

kamaromike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

Now that I've a had a little free time to comb through the plethora of options in this thing, by far best ROM to date. Side note: Nav still disappears when waking from active display, phone not locked. I haven't been able to figure anything out with settings to fix it. The torch was getting stuck on cause I had the power button torch and lock screen hold torch enabled. Guess you have to pick one or the other... If anyone else had an issue.

#352 Slickademo

Slickademo

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

I was wondering....... Why are the builds named moto msm8960 rather than sumen sumen xt926? Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#353 Slickademo

Slickademo

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

Sweet! Updated and the grabber ROM is working now :-)

#354 kamaromike

kamaromike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

Anyone know if we have to do the update incrementally or can I just go to the latest one and it includes everything? Also which msmmoto are we supposed to use? The dt or non-dt? Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk Never mind that second part... Answered my own question on a bigger screen...

#355 Slickademo

Slickademo

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

The new update said there was a new boot animation. Didn't see anything new lol I don't care though. I'm loving how fast and stable this ROM is getting. Don't see myself switching anytime soon. OTA's are downloading and installing nicely!

#356 kamaromike

kamaromike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:07 AM

Slick, which build are you on now? OTA is now available in the latest downloaded build? I guess I missed two updates from the directory... Did you do then sequentially? I have to get around to it when I'm not busy on the phone all day...

#357 Slickademo

Slickademo

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:27 AM

I was on the 04/02 and skipped to 04/04

#358 kamaromike

kamaromike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

I was on the 04/02 and skipped to 04/04

There's an 0402 and 0403 in the directory... If OTA is working since 0402... Do I even need to flash the 0403? Just wondering what the difference is and if the OTA will fill in any gaps... I would assume so... Right? Did the OTA kick out all your settings like a reflash? Or does everything stick now? I might switch to TWRP so it's all automatic. CWM doesn't seem to handle that.

#359 kamaromike

kamaromike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

Also curious... Graber had the recoveries up as zip files... Can I flash the zip in boot loader or what? Only done fastboot before... And will flashing twrp null my nandroids from CWM? They're only compatible in certain formats, right?

#360 Slickademo

Slickademo

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:25 AM

I downloaded 0404. The OTA improved smoothness for me. Didn't kick out any settings. After you download it will prompt you to install and ask if you'd like to wipe cache and or data. I just wiped cache. It automatically booted into my TWRP and ran script. CWM backups are incompatible with TWRP. Zip files are what is flashed in those custom recovery programs, same as gapps and built in apps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xt926, kit kat, kit-kat, beanstalk, razr, razr hd, razr maxx, razr max, razr max hd, xt926 rom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users