ringhale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:21 PM

Oh alright. Just to make sure I start this right do I follow all these directions even though I'm currently rooted?
and just so I'm claer even though I'm rooted already I should use these steps? Thanks again.

Downloads:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks

If you're having problems with the motoapocalypse apk or just want to run the exploit from your pc, here's an updated motoapocalypse zip that contains the latest adb and fastboot. That is the only change I made to Dan's original motoapocalypse zip file:

Instructions:

o) Install

from the playstore

o) Install the Towel Root exploit from the link above (click on the lambda symbol in the middle of the page). It's an apk, so you must have unknown sources enabled.

o) Run the Towel root app and install root....wait for the reboot after 15 seconds

o) Open SuperSU and allow it to update the su binary

o) Install the motoapocalypse apk from the unlock link above. Run it.

o) Optionally install TWRP or CWM custom recovery. See below for links

o) ???

o) PROFIT

#2 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:19 AM

Yes just follow the guide.  When you flash up to the .10 build root will be gone.  The first flash to .10 puts the phones system partition back to stock.

#3 ringhale

ringhale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:20 PM

Yes just follow the guide.  When you flash up to the .10 build root will be gone.  The first flash to .10 puts the phones system partition back to stock.

I have followed the above directions and when I run Towelroot v.3 nothing pops up on the screen but it comes back with you should be rooted, but since I was rooted before hand, I'm not sure if it really worked or not. When I run Moto-poc it tells me to reboot phone after Moto-apoc is granted SuperUser access, I reboot after it is given permission but nothing happens. My phone just reboots like normal.  Not sure what I'm missing or forgetting. TIA  

Below is what I get when I try using my computer.

Attached Files

#4 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:53 PM

boot to fastboot menu.  Look for "bootloader unlocked status code 3. If that shows up then you are unlocked you can flash the version of TWRP from

With the file you download in the same folder as a copy of your fastboot files with your phone in fastboot mode type: fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.6.0-xt926.img

Hit enter and it will flash. when it is done unplug the phone hold the  volume down and power to boot back to the bootloader select recovery and load recovery. don't let it boot normally or it will overwrite the twrp recovery and it will look like nothing happend and didn't flash. That is only for the first boot after flashing twrp.  After that twrp makes changes to the system and won't let it overwrite it.  if it does boot normally you will have to flash it again. let twrp root the phone on exit.  Download SuperSU from the playstore and run it after install it should tell you the binaries need to be upgreaded. select the normal upgrade and you should be done.  You can then delete towel root and Moto-apoc app from your phone you will never need them again being unlocked.  All you will ever have to do is flash twrp to get root back which you will do after you flash and upgrade to the .15.1 version.

#5 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:42 PM

ok lets back up a minute.  You flashed the .10 version of the firmware. You downloaded and installed Supersu by chainfire from the playstore.  You then run towelroot version 3.  You can use a free rootchecker app from the playstore to be sure your rooted but if SuperSu told you the binaries needed to be upgraded and that was sucessful you should be rooted.  You installed the motoapocalypse.apk and ran that.

#6 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:53 PM

Posts Moved from RSD Flasher Beta thread

#7 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:07 PM

Everything you need is there or in the same area.  I have two of the droid razr maxx hd's and have had them unlocked since this method came out.  While you are on jellybean it is really your last chance to unlock the phone and in the end process you will be on the latest version of kitkat for the 926 (VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1) but your going to flash the .10 version first.

You will flash your phone to VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10. Root and unlock that version. It is the last version of Kitkat that is rootable and unlockable.  You are lucky since you are upgrading because there is no downgrading to unlock.

#8 ringhale

ringhale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:13 PM

Thanks for helping, Alright I'm now on version 183.46.10 on 4.4.2. I'm also rooted by towelroot and unlocked through moto-pocalypse. So my next step is to flash twrp-2.8.6.8-xt926 and then flash .15. I'm just not sure where to flash the twrp to, I flash .15 just like I did with .10 correct? Thanks again for the help.

#9 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for helping, Alright I'm now on version 183.46.10 on 4.4.2. I'm also rooted by towelroot and unlocked through moto-pocalypse. So my next step is to flash twrp-2.8.6.8-xt926 and then flash .15. I'm just not sure where to flash the twrp to, I flash .15 just like I did with .10 correct? Thanks again for the help.

Make double sure you are unlocked. fastboot screen should say bootloader unlocked status code 3. You can then flash up to the .15 version. Then flash twrp, do the don't let it boot to system go right back to recovery. when you exit twrp (reboot to system) it will prompt you to root the phone.  Swipe to confirm, when it finished booting to the system it will go through a script then tell you to install SuperSU from the playstore. once that is done and SuperSU updates the binaries you are done. Rooted, Unlocked and on the latest version of KitKat for the 926. Congrats!

#10 ringhale

ringhale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:08 PM

Thanks, I double checked through fastboot unlocked and status 3. So it doesn't matter which I do first .15 or twrp? When I flash .15 I just do it the same way I did for .10 correct. Only thing i'm unsure of is how to flash/install twrp, but have been watching some youtube vids on it. Thanks

#11 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:12 PM

You flash .15 exactly the same way you flashed .10 you are correct.  Good idea to read the proceedure again and to make sure your flashing the right fxz.

With the file you download in the same folder as a copy of your fastboot files with your phone in fastboot mode type: fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.6.0-xt926.img

Hit enter and it will flash. when it is done unplug the phone hold the  volume down and power to boot back to the bootloader select recovery and load recovery. don't let it boot normally or it will overwrite the twrp recovery and it will look like nothing happend and didn't flash. That is only for the first boot after flashing twrp.  After that twrp makes changes to the system and won't let it overwrite it.  if it does boot normally you will have to flash it again. let twrp root the phone on exit.  Download SuperSU from the playstore and run it after install it should tell you the binaries need to be upgreaded. select the normal upgrade and you should be done.

#12 ringhale

ringhale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:30 PM

Ok I apologize I;m a little lost are my fast boot files the files .10 and .15? and where do I type fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.6.0-xt926.img. the once done flashing unplug phone and hold vol up/dn power to get to bootloader.

#13 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:50 PM

The fast boot files are in the snapdragon support zip file you downloaded for House of Moto.  If you can't find them just download them again and unzip them to their own folder.  You will be using them again in the future when they upgrade twrp.  When you unzip the tools you will see three folders Darwin, Linux and Windows, Windows are the ones you will use. Copy the twrp-2.8.6.0-xt926.img file to that windows directory. Change folders to the folder you unzipped you should see a Darwin, Linux, and Windows folder. Change into the windows folder hold the shift key down and right click on the screen, select open command prompt here.

Hit enter and it will flash. when it is done unplug the phone hold the  volume down and power to boot back to the bootloader select recovery and load recovery. don't let it boot normally or it will overwrite the twrp recovery and it will look like nothing happend and didn't flash. That is only for the first boot after flashing twrp.  After that twrp makes changes to the system and won't let it overwrite it.  if it does boot normally you will have to flash it again. let twrp root the phone on exit.  Download SuperSU from the playstore and run it after install it should tell you the binaries need to be upgreaded. select the normal upgrade and you should be done.

#14 ringhale

ringhale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:54 PM

Ah I used RSD not HoM

#15 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

BTW what part of Michigan do you live in.  I was stationed at K.I. Sawyer when I got back from overseas back in the early 70's and I lived in Temperance and Dundee area from 1997 through 2010.

#16 ringhale

ringhale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:37 PM

Oh, nice small world. I live in Burton which is near Flint north of where you use to be. Do I have to use HoM, or can I use RSD.

#17 makerboil40

makerboil40

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationowensboro ky
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:15 AM

I found a very easy ONE CLICK way to root my xt926 running 183.46.15 without the pc. I installed and ran kingroot apk. The app said device not supported but it had a try it anyway option. It worked! Then i used superSume from the market to uninstall king-user and install superSu.

#18 makerboil40

makerboil40

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationowensboro ky
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:19 AM

KINGROOT one click..... Cant get easier!

#19 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:57 PM

Oh, nice small world. I live in Burton which is near Flint north of where you use to be. Do I have to use HoM, or can I use RSD

Either one to do the upgrade which ever you are more comfortable with.  You will use the snapdragon support tools to flash twrp.

#20 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

KINGROOT one click..... Cant get easier!

He is unlocked now Never has to use an exploit again.

• jl90 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: root, unlock, droid razr hd, xt926, xt-926

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users