ringhale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:06 PM

Okay, so I used RSD lite not sure if that matters, much of what I have seen/read shows people using the computer Moto-poc to flash trwp is this what I should? And should I flas .15 before trwp?

#22 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:15 PM

Okay, so I used RSD lite not sure if that matters, much of what I have seen/read shows people using the computer Moto-poc to flash trwp is this what I should? And should I flas .15 before trwp?

I would do the update to .15 first that way you only have to flash twrp once since the update will overwrite it when it is flashed.  Or if you want to setup java and get some experience with HOM you can do that as well.  It comes down to what you are more comfortable with. Using tools is great but if you get into trouble it is always best to know how to do it completely manually.  After this is all finished it would be a good idea to look at the xml file that came in the fxz files.  That is a list of commands that rsd uses to do what can be done one command at a time from fastboot. It is a good thing to know, I do most of my flashing command by command unless I am in a hurry.  With the tools you don't have to check each line for errors, syntax and typos before you hit enter each time.

#23 ringhale

ringhale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:41 PM

Alright, Forgive my ingnorance but where to do I find snapdragon tools, I have searched but most of all I see is for qualcomm.com

#24 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#25 ringhale

ringhale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:17 PM

Thanks, so when I download the .15 file I put that in the snapdragon windows folder, hold shift and right click, open command window and type  fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.6.0-xt926.img

Hit enter and it will flash. when it is done unplug the phone hold the  volume down and power to boot back to the bootloader select recovery and load recovery. don't let it boot normally or it will overwrite the twrp recovery and it will look like nothing happend and didn't flash. That is only for the first boot after flashing twrp.  After that twrp makes changes to the system and won't let it overwrite it.  if it does boot normally you will have to flash it again. let twrp root the phone on exit. Download SuperSU from the playstore and run it after install it should tell you the binaries need to be upgreaded. select the normal upgrade and you should be done.

#26 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:42 PM

Thanks, so when I download the .15 file I put that in the snapdragon windows folder, hold shift and right click, open command window and type  fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.6.0-xt926.img

Hit enter and it will flash. when it is done unplug the phone hold the  volume down and power to boot back to the bootloader select recovery and load recovery. don't let it boot normally or it will overwrite the twrp recovery and it will look like nothing happend and didn't flash. That is only for the first boot after flashing twrp.  After that twrp makes changes to the system and won't let it overwrite it.  if it does boot normally you will have to flash it again. let twrp root the phone on exit. Download SuperSU from the playstore and run it after install it should tell you the binaries need to be upgreaded. select the normal upgrade and you should be done.

You use rsd or House of moto to flash FXZ files.  Fastboot to flash twrp. You flash the .15 fxz file just like you flashed the 183.46.10.xml.zip. then after a sucessful boot into the system you will go to fastboot and flash twrp. That is when you don't let it reboot to the system after flashing twrp.  You boot back to recovery, then hit the reboot system button inside twrp.  That is when it will prompt you to root your device and you will swipe the arrow to confirm the action after that follow the script when it boots and you will be updated, rooted and unlocked.  There is one more trick to show you but that will come later if you need to use it.  Let me know how it goes.

#27 ringhale

ringhale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:47 PM

Sorry,I didn't mean to type .15, I meant when I when I flash the twrp. I put the twrp file in in the snapdragon folder, and do the above. I'll let you know, thanks agian.

• spainter likes this

#28 ringhale

ringhale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:46 PM

Well everything appears to be good to go. 4.4.2, System .15, and root checker shows I'm rooted. Thanks again for all your help. What was that last trick you were talking about? Or is that not needed since everything looks good on my end.

#29 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:59 PM

With Kitkat there was a change in how the OS handles the external sd card.  This is how you fix the issue if you run into it.  I did on both of my 926's and edited the platform.xml file and that took care of it.  Make a copy of that file so if you ever have to unroot you can copy that back it to the proper directory and don't overlook the part about setting the edited file properties.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#30 MrHorsepower

MrHorsepower

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt907

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:59 AM

Great info here spainter!  My Razr Maxx HD (just got it, no personal data to save) is still on the non-unlockable 9.18.94.  All I've done to it is change the VZW update file extension so it stopped trying to install the 182.46.10.en.us update (it's unlockable right?).  I also edited the NV Item 8322 and changed the value of the first byte from 01 to 00 to unlock carrier   Should I let it download and install the 182.46.10.en.US, then Lambda root and Motopocolypse unlock?  Then fix the SD card issue (can't move apps to it right?).

Oh yeah, then install a custom recovery software?  Does anyone use clockwork mod anymore?

I flashed CM7 on a few Moto Backflips years ago, but I'm out of the loop now.

What would you do with an XT926 on 4.1.2 it if it was yours?

Is there anything that was in Jelly Bean that was lost with KK that you really miss?

Thanks so much!

#31 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:20 AM

Great info here spainter!  My Razr Maxx HD (just got it, no personal data to save) is still on the non-unlockable 9.18.94.  All I've done to it is change the VZW update file extension so it stopped trying to install the 182.46.10.en.us update (it's unlockable right?).  I also edited the NV Item 8322 and changed the value of the first byte from 01 to 00 to unlock carrier   Should I let it download and install the 182.46.10.en.US, then Lambda root and Motopocolypse unlock?  Then fix the SD card issue (can't move apps to it right?).

Oh yeah, then install a custom recovery software?  Does anyone use clockwork mod anymore?

I flashed CM7 on a few Moto Backflips years ago, but I'm out of the loop now.

What would you do with an XT926 on 4.1.2 it if it was yours?

Is there anything that was in Jelly Bean that was lost with KK that you really miss?

Thanks so much!

I have two 926's here on my desk. Both unlocked and sitting on the latest version of kitkat.  They are still workable phones but I use them to try to duplicate errors and problems.  The only thing I really missed was the way it handled the sdcard.  Now though they are the only two phones I own that even have a sdcard slot it them.  So I really don't miss JB at all.

#32 eric09

eric09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:48 PM

Pls have rooted..help me to unlock it 4.4.2 version 183.46.15

#33 Spott

Spott

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:15 AM

Pls have rooted..help me to unlock it 4.4.2 version 183.46.15

You can't, not with that ROM version, not with any existing methods.

Just install Titanium Backup to remove bloatware, Xposed Framework with GravityBox for customization, and Nova Launcher, and it'll be close enough.
  • eric09 likes this

#34 eric09

eric09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:37 AM

You can't, not with that ROM version, not with any existing methods.

Just install Titanium Backup to remove bloatware, Xposed Framework with GravityBox for customization, and Nova Launcher, and it'll be close enough.

boss exposed framework how?? Cos I don't have cwm or twrp to flash ..pls how did u do it

#35 Spott

Spott

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:40 AM

Just look up Xposed Framework for KitKat, it installs like an app.

You don't need a custom recovery or any flashing to install it on KitKat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: root, unlock, droid razr hd, xt926, xt-926

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users