• Please log in to reply
2610 replies to this topic

#621 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

I have had 3 instances now where my phone slows to a crawl while doing something. Is this a cpu setting type thing? Three different apps, all would just start being almost non-responsive until the force close message came up. Then they work fine the next time. The apps: Amazon app store, maps, chrome.

I have had issues whenever multitasking and coming from sleep. I have an app that reminds me to read a daily devotional and when I try to bring my phone up screen stayed black. It seems the issue doesn't discriminate between apps caused I've had hangs on everything I use especially when coming from sleep. Switched to hotplugx and it runs snappier usually

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#622 jpmoo

jpmoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

The hang up issues I am having seen to be fairly easy to reproduce with chrome. Just open up 3 tabs or so and do some general browsing.

Chrome has been freezing up for me on this ROM from Day 1, back several builds. I assumed minfree tweaks would fix it, but haven't yet installed the latest.

#623 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Chrome has been freezing up for me on this ROM from Day 1, back several builds. I assumed minfree tweaks would fix it, but haven't yet installed the latest.

Have you tried uninstalling it and installing it from the play store? Sometimes that fixes it

#624 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

that's because chrome Sucks IMHO.... I have it on all my puters and every one freezes with it,..... the minute I uninstall my puter peps up....Just saying
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#625 wkndplaya

wkndplaya

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

went back to 1.16 for now due to instability, also Not sure if Playstore is corrupt in 1.3 but it does not recognize my purchased apps
At some point in the future, something meaningful will go here.

#626 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

went back to 1.16 for now due to instability, also Not sure if Playstore is corrupt in 1.3 but it does not recognize my purchased apps

The same thing happened to me the first time i booted up..i did a reboot and my paid apps showed purchased again..worth a shot
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#627 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

The same thing happened to me the first time i booted up..i did a reboot and my paid apps showed purchased again..worth a shot

I have been lucky so far I seem ok on my end no reboots only an occasional freeze but it recovers fairly quick. I can deal with that as long as i don't lose data and the battery stays stable,

#628 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

ok, quick question...does this have the ability to customize lockscreen, etc, like AOKP based roms?

#629 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

No.....

#630 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

Flashed 1.3.0 yesterday and gave it a good run for a day... here are some things that I noticed... tried to update Apex Launcher and it wouldn't let me, it said something like the the signatures are the same??
The ROM is very fluid and quick! I really like what you have done. Would like to be able to overclock to 1.325 mHz since that works best for me. I let the ROM settle for an hour or so then did a reboot and set up all
my accounts and so forth. No FC's or bootloops so that's a plus. You have done a great job with this ROM and I would like to see more updates in the future.

#631 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

Downloaded and flashed....are you still working on the OC to 1.3 on boot? I started going through the post but just read a bunch or arguing. Good ROM btw, no issues whatsoever. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Make It Your Own

#632 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

Ok, my phone seems to freeze when browsing the web...i do most of my browsing from my phone.. so this is not good... please look into it..i don't want to stop running this rom, i really like it
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#633 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Did you do any wifi receiver tweaks? Or is that from system. 215. Because browsing seems faster than on. 211

Make It Your Own

#634 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

Ok, my phone seems to freeze when browsing the web...i do most of my browsing from my phone.. so this is not good... please look into it..i don't want to stop running this rom, i really like it

Yessir! Will look into it this weekend for sure and when I I have time this week.

Did you do any wifi receiver tweaks? Or is that from system. 215. Because browsing seems faster than on. 211

Yes, I did, but it could also be that it is on .215.

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#635 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yessir! Will look into it this weekend for sure and when I I have time this week.

Yes, I did, but it could also be that it is on .215.

well its fantastic

Make It Your Own

#636 Ragarm

Ragarm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

How to install: On stock .215 with safestrap 2.0 installed.

Thanks!

#637 edikukraine

edikukraine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

I know, in 1.3.0 it is supposed to be fixed. Yet to be released, most likely tomorrow.

Oops, sorry about that. I thought, in changelog for 1.25, it said you attempted to fix webtop. Anyways, webtop works on 1.3. Much thanks, man! I really enjoy using the ROM.
  • the.internet likes this

#638 tueyjr

tueyjr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

I love the ROM so far. I'm glad I took the jump and loaded my first custom ROM. I also want to say that I appreciate how quickly the developer responds to questions. The only issue I've had has been hang up related. Twice it happened while running google navigation, and it actually re-booted on one of those. I also had four hang ups while running Firefox.

I will try to clear cache and dalvik and pay attention to any patterns or triggers after that.

Thank you again!

Sent from my DROID RAZR 2E

#639 JordyB25x

JordyB25x

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNebraska
  • Current Device(s):XT912 Razr Maxx

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

I flashed the original Flick when it came out and liked it, but the Jelly Bean ROMS were calling me to try them.Since then, I have tried many other roms and I am back to Flick. great job on (what I understan to be) your first ROM! Flashed this 1.3 earlier today with no big issues yet. I'll let you know if I find any. I know a lot of people like the blur camera best, but is there a quicker camera software or ability to quicken shutter speed? So, great ROM I like all the tweaks. Let me know if anyone has a better compatable camera.

#640 Guest_cpuman_*

Guest_cpuman_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

I have had 3 instances now where my phone slows to a crawl while doing something. Is this a cpu setting type thing? Three different apps, all would just start being almost non-responsive until the force close message came up. Then they work fine the next time. The apps: Amazon app store, maps, chrome.

Mines too. But everybody should do a hard reset by holding down both volume keys and power button at the same time and it will restart. let ti settle for 15min and most issues will be fine

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blur based, ICS, deodexed, Bytecode, Flick, inverted, AOSP, Razr, CDMA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users