Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Google+:finnintaylor1214@gmail.com
  • LocationLe Roy NY
  • Current Device(s):Verizon LG Revolution 4GLTE, Motorola Droid RAZR M

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:31 PM

I am having an issue with activating my sim card on the Verizon network on my Droid Razr M. I have tried multiple times removing the sim card while the phone is off and re-inserting it.. My phone is rooted. I tried taking it to the verizon store just a few hours ago to get a new sim card and have them activate it on my number. but as soon as they put the sim card in, they said that my phone de-activated the sim card.. they tried with three different cards.. and the conclusion that they had came to was that because my phone was rooted, that activation with sim card was impossible.. that it couldn't be done.. is this possible. will root cause my phone to not be activated? if so, is there any way around it? like unlocking the sim, or activating my number without the sim card? or would i have to completely unroot my phone and then go back into verizon?

#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:48 PM

Rooting won't prevent you from using the phone. Something has to be wrong with the SIM tray. If you couldn't activate a phone that was rooted, there would really be no reason for all the development that's going on.
  • xKroniK13x likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:21 PM

The Verizon technician told me that if I could get it back to factory settings like they could activate it. Can I create a system IMG of my current ROM and all my rooted settings so I can unroot and factory reset and activate then clash my IMG back over? Or can I just take the screws off the sides and troubl eshoot the sim card tray??

#4 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:01 AM

The Verizon technician told me that if I could get it back to factory settings like they could activate it. Can I create a system IMG of my current ROM and all my rooted settings so I can unroot and factory reset and activate then clash my IMG back over? Or can I just take the screws off the sides and troubl eshoot the sim card tray??

Since in another thread you indicated that you were unlocked, in TWRP just make a backup and then factory reset your phone. When you get back restore the backup. If you are on a stock ROM and rooted, it really will not make a difference rooted or unrooted, but if VZW wants to try that, by all means. Taking the screws out will void warranty, but since its already voided/unlocked, that is your prerogative. Probably not much to see with the Sim tray though, but tearing things apart is always fun. ;)

Sent from my Blissful RAZR M 5.0.2 from Tapatalk

Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#5 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:47 PM

I don't believe I'm on stock rom. I was instructed to flask KitKat 4.4.2 in order to unlock my bootloader and I can't successfully get TWRP to install on my phone I've tried downloading the zip directly phone my phone and using Flashify and Rashr. I've also tries using RSD Lite and flashing it but it says the file is jot supported

#6 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

I don't believe I'm on stock rom. I was instructed to flask KitKat 4.4.2 in order to unlock my bootloader and I can't successfully get TWRP to install on my phone I've tried downloading the zip directly phone my phone and using Flashify and Rashr. I've also tries using RSD Lite and flashing it but it says the file is jot supported

It's because you need to use a .IMG in rashr or flashify. Just extract it from the .zip. You are for sure on stock ROM if you don't have a custom recovery installed.

#7 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:16 AM

My stock ROM was 4.1.2 when I recieved the phone. then I was told to download and flash 4.4.2

#8 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:18 AM

My stock ROM was 4.1.2 when I recieved the phone. then I was told to download and flash 4.4.2

But the 4.4.2 was a stock one, stock just means developed and deployed by Motorola for your device.

#9 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:21 AM

Oh okay.. So I'll extract the IMG file and try flashing using Flashify but every time I tried installing any type of custom recovery when I boot into recovery mode I get stuck at the screen where it says warning your bootloader is unlocked

#10 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:29 AM

Oh okay.. So I'll extract the IMG file and try flashing using Flashify but every time I tried installing any type of custom recovery when I boot into recovery mode I get stuck at the screen where it says warning your bootloader is unlocked

Don't allow Flashify to automatically download. Our device doesn't have an official TWRP. Download the latest TWRP zip file, unzip it to get the .IMG. Open Flashify, choose to flash a recovery, choose select file and navigate to the .IMG, not the .zip. Then reboot to recovery (Flashify has an option to do that).

• ccstone likes this

#11 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:18 AM

Yea I downloaded twrp 2.8.5.0 from this forum. And extracted the IMG file and flashed it. And it worked now when I create a back up using TWRP
where does it save the backup to and if I factory reset won't I loose my back up file on my phone

#12 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:39 AM

Yea I downloaded twrp 2.8.5.0 from this forum. And extracted the IMG file and flashed it. And it worked now when I create a back up using TWRP
where does it save the backup to and if I factory reset won't I loose my back up file on my phone

You choose where it saves. I created a folder on my SD card for backups. Depending on where you save it, a factory reset may wipe it out... Be safe a throw it on an SD card if possible, or create a folder at the root of your filesystem for them.

#13 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:07 AM

Okay so factory reset does not reset my SD card correct?

#14 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:29 AM

Okay so factory reset does not reset my SD card correct?

Correct. If you really want you could remove it and then factory reset. I've reset mine a ton of times with it in though.

#15 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

Okay soive created a backup using TWRP and saved it to my SD card. Now while in TWRP, I go to reset and then advanced setting and it says wipe cache, data, davlik or something like that, and internal storage, system, then SD card. can i format everything except my SD card and it'll all go right back to factory settings right?

#16 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:48 AM

Oh and I ment to ask after I LTS factory reset and I get it activated and I restore my back up files will my bootloader be unlocked again.. Will everything be exactly as it was before I factory reset.

#17 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:53 PM

Okay soive created a backup using TWRP and saved it to my SD card. Now while in TWRP, I go to reset and then advanced setting and it says wipe cache, data, davlik or something like that, and internal storage, system, then SD card. can i format everything except my SD card and it'll all go right back to factory settings right?

If you do that, your phone will be 100% wiped and will boot directly to recovery. There is an option in TWRP for factory reset, its in wipe somewhere. Or just go to settings on your phone and factory reset it.

Regarding your bootloader, it is permanently unlocked. If you want it to appear locked for VZW, flash the default boot image. Search Google for that, its cake.

#18 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

I wanted to ask something I went to setting and went to updaye . and it toldmea newer version other than 4.4.2 is available. Would it be OK to upgrade or No

#19 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:57 PM

It will just flashed the boot image of Motorola instead of the warning sign right

#20 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:06 PM

It will just flashed the boot image of Motorola instead of the warning sign right

Yes, it will just make it appear locked. It will not relock it.

I wanted to ask something I went to setting and went to updaye . and it toldmea newer version other than 4.4.2 is available. Would it be OK to upgrade or No

It will fail because you don't have the default recovery.

Honestly, Your best bet if you want a 100% "retail" firmware, download it and do a full wipe install with House of Moto or RSD Flasher. This will revert everything, including your recovery. Take it to VZW, have them do what they need to, come back home, flash recovery through fastboot and restore your backup.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Droid, Razr, SIm card, Activation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users