192 replies to this topic

#121 radioboy

radioboy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

I actually tried that already and it didn't work. I'm going to try loading the fastboot recovery and do it that way.

#122 Digital Cha0s

Digital Cha0s

Just an Experienced N00B here :D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Twitter:@digitalcha0s
  • LocationB-Town
  • Current Device(s):Razr, Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7 & MotoX

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

yea thats the best way anyways
Posted Image

#123 radioboy

radioboy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

I just wish it had been as easy as claimed with that file floating around.

#124 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

Yep, turns out this is a major bug when coming back from the cheesecake leak. Your data will upgrade fine, but will not downgrade to .748. This should definitely be in the OP.

#125 KANYONKRITTER

KANYONKRITTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

how do i do this without RSD? For what ever reason RSD 5.6 and me arent jiving. I was able to revert to .744 via command prompt. The files to do a command prompt flash or an rsd flash are different......right?

#126 gling

gling

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

Add another one that flashed back to .748 and now can't send sms/mms. I was hoping to find the miracle quick cure here but it looks like the long way home. One of the risks of flashing a leaked update I guess. Fastboot here I come.

#127 showard594

showard594

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

why would you roll back. this is a good update and fixed every problem outstanding; maps, sky map, hotspot, data drop out...

i must have missed something about why to roll back from a perfectly good update that you will be able to update via FOTA when the final one comes out. :ph34r:

#128 gling

gling

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

So I RSD'd back to .744 with no problems and immediately received and installed the OTA to .748. All was good until I tried to send a text without success (still can receive). Anyone think a factory reset after the RSD to .744 and before .748 update might help?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#129 radioboy

radioboy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:48 AM

So I RSD'd back to .744 with no problems and immediately received and installed the OTA to .748. All was good until I tried to send a text without success (still can receive). Anyone think a factory reset after the RSD to .744 and before .748 update might help?

I rolled back Fastboot-style to .744 and did a factory reset BEFORE doing the OTA for .748 and I'm able to send and receive texts normally.

#130 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

both times I have fastbooted I have had to do a full wipe in the moto recovery where you flashed the 173 update. Before wiping I had lots of wierd quirks going back.

#131 gling

gling

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

I rolled back Fastboot-style to .744 and did a factory reset BEFORE doing the OTA for .748 and I'm able to send and receive texts normally.

both times I have fastbooted I have had to do a full wipe in the moto recovery where you flashed the 173 update. Before wiping I had lots of wierd quirks going back.

Thanks to both for the reply's. RSD'd back to .744 again, booted back into recovery and wiped data/ factory reset, initial setup, rooted, restored missing apps/data with TB, installed OTA to .748 and am now restored back to my original setup with working sms/mms and ready for the next OTA. I still don't understand why doing the RSD wouldn't cure the sms problem but it was probably more to do with me being a little lazy and not wanting to set up again after a wipe.
Anyone rolling back from the leaked update in preparation for the official one and encounters the same issue, save yourself time and aggravation and do the wipe in recovery (as suggested by mattlgroff in his thread "Using RSD Lite and Fastboot files to go back to stock"), before continuing on.

#132 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

Anytime you use a sbf aka rsd you must factory wipe EACH TIME. also if you are on the leak and mess something up you can put the system img from the fastboot files into razr1 and flash the system only in a cmd window.

#133 Gdwheel

Gdwheel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

Will this leak/update work on the Maxx?

#134 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

Will this leak/update work on the Maxx?

Chances are, yes. Everything between the Razr and the Razr Maxx are the same.

#135 Greeny173

Greeny173

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationYoungstown, Ohio

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

What about if you were not rooted and did the OTA update from 748 to 173 and then did the roll back to 748 and now are having the problems of sending and receiving texts? Any suggestions? Before you ask why I would roll back to 748 when there was such a great improvement with the OTA leaked update, I was sent an email which instructed me that I needed a stock phone. That's all I can say.

#136 Gdwheel

Gdwheel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

Chances are, yes. Everything between the Razr and the Razr Maxx are the same.

It works the same on the Maxx, in case anyone else is wondering.

#137 bturkel

bturkel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

I have a very stupid question - getting the razr maxx tomorrow sold my razr - I want to turn it back to stock an dhave a mac - I usually just do it right off the SD card - how can I get it back to stock software?

#138 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

I have a very stupid question - getting the razr maxx tomorrow sold my razr - I want to turn it back to stock an dhave a mac - I usually just do it right off the SD card - how can I get it back to stock software?

Return to stock via Settings\Privacy\Factory Data Reset

#139 bturkel

bturkel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

I know that but doe snto return software back to orginal

#140 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

I know that but doe snto return software back to orginal

I just did the Factory Reset and It returned me back to factory software. Then I was prompted for the update(the last one we had in December) No Root of course

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users