#1061 RHChan84

RHChan84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter:rchan84
  • LocationMedford, Ma

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

Ok everyone lol im back! And i managed my way out of that toilet that matt was speaking of......... its called school. Lol anyways i should be getting some work time on these roms this weekend so expect the long awaited update then

Don't worry about us, worry about school.
  • RenaLyon likes this
Droid RAZR MAXX (JB/Rooted)

#1062 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

Need some help here. I noticed an update come up in the Play Store for (YouTube) and I tried to update but it gave an error message so I went into TIBU and backed up then uninstalled the STOCK-included system YouTube app and Authenticator or whatever it's called. Then I tried to update again via the Play Store = no go, so trying to restore via TIBU and it just hangs and won't restore.

How do I get YouTube app back? HALP!!

EDIT: Nevermind, I seem to have it back upon a reboot... :rolleyes:

#1063 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

I uninstalled it using TIBU then installed it using the play store. Can't remember if I rebooted before I reinstalled it. I did that on anything I got that error on (Gmail, Street view, Youtube, ect) and it seems to work.

Sent from my Razr Maxx

#1064 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

lazer & bfederspill

stopping app, clearing it's Data & uninstalling & then rebooting allowed me to d/l the latest fm the PlayStore
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1065 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

Thanks guys... I have no idea what I did but after the reboot (manual) , I was able to restore the app, then even update it from the playstore. Then just recently I had my first [random] BSOD and had to hold in the power & volume rockers to get into bootloader and choose [boot normal or whatever...] Ever since, things seems to be running smoothly - go figure. I have no idea what all happened there. Love this ROM & Avalanche theme though! :D

#1066 Papa T

Papa T

ROM Flashaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Twitter:@JTHardee
  • LocationDouglas (South Georgia)
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

How are you deleting the you tube app? I can only disable it going through Menu ---> Manage Apps. Is there a different way that I'm not aware of?

Posted Image

#1067 brucar

brucar

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

this rom is for CMDA ??

its works in gsm?

thanks

#1068 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

this rom is for CMDA ??

its works in gsm?

thanks

Well it's posted in the CDMA section so...........

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

#1069 Mace68

Mace68

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:Mace22968
  • Google+:Mace68@Gmail.com

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

First I want to thank all devs and contributors for a fine ROM here. :)

I came across an annoyance however. I dug out my Bluetooth earpiece and upon pressing the button I get the (new?) "Voice Dialer" by Google which I've never seen before. It has yet to come even close to recognizing my commands. Is there a way to remove it or clear defaults or whatever so that when I press the button on my earpiece it uses "Voice Commands" instead? Voice Commands is near perfect for me.

Thanks!

#1070 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

How are you deleting the you tube app? I can only disable it going through Menu ---> Manage Apps. Is there a different way that I'm not aware of?

With Titanium Backup.

#1071 RacerRon

RacerRon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

First I want to thank all devs and contributors for a fine ROM here.

I came across an annoyance however. I dug out my Bluetooth earpiece and upon pressing the button I get the (new?) "Voice Dialer" by Google which I've never seen before. It has yet to come even close to recognizing my commands. Is there a way to remove it or clear defaults or whatever so that when I press the button on my earpiece it uses "Voice Commands" instead? Voice Commands is near perfect for me.

Thanks!

Change the Google Search to a user app instead of system app. I did it with Titanium Backup by longpress then select to convert. Also make sure you have voice commands installed. If I remember correctly, I think I installed it from a backup with Titanium also.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • Mace68 likes this

#1072 Papa T

Papa T

ROM Flashaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Twitter:@JTHardee
  • LocationDouglas (South Georgia)
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

With Titanium Backup.

I have Titanium Backup, just couldn't find the function. Thanks lazer, your response prompted me to dig dipper into the app until I found the uninstall function. :D

Posted Image

#1073 tristar

tristar

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

FIrst, hands down the best Rom I have seen for this phone.. Hats off mattg & kebob.

I am going to crib about battery issues :(
With Stock GB it was great, Stock ICS was ok (it is stock... lol) This Rom's performance, smoothness unbeatable but my battery sucks..

Strangely, only the Screen uses up most of the battery, I disabled WiFi, BT, Data connection, I couldn't find Google Now though... When I charge my phone with brightness at Auto, my phone says Charged at 95 % and goes upto 97% if I change Brightness to the minimium. If I do not use the phone at all with min Brightness, it seems to stay for a little over a day, however once it goes below 40-30 %, the battery starts to drain quickly and drastically.

I tried the calibration deal, even though folks posted it does not work as people think it is supposed to... No success.. Also removed and flashed the Rom again :(

The Battery is fine because in Stock GB with crap apps removed, it was magnificient. Also from what I read in the forum a lot of folks post great battery life. I think it is a little unfair because some folks are on Droid RAZR and other on MAXX... MAXX definitely has an edge... almost 2 times...

I would appreciate any help... I am willing to underclock my phone sacrificing the performance if I can get a better battery life.

btw Circles ROCKS !!!!

#1074 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

Just got this rom installed.

Looks like the circle widgets only work with stock launcher which locks in the google search bar. is this correct. ?

#1075 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

Just got this rom installed.

Looks like the circle widgets only work with stock launcher which locks in the google search bar. is this correct. ?

Yep

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#1076 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

Best Rom i have ever used in my droid life! Battery is about 33% better than stock with a little bit of help from Juice Defender and a few apps and features disbled.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1077 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:47 AM

Magnificient ROM. After playing with several JB ROMS with broken Bluetooth, various google now issues, non working hdmi, it's SOOOO nice to come back to not only a stable ROM, but one so beautiful as this.

Awesomeness +1

#1078 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

When I first got my Razer Maxx it took me 3 weeks just to root it because I was nervous. After 3 or 4 more weeks I was itching to put a different rom on it so after reading all the threads I flashed arctic HD as my FIRST ROM and I love it. Thank you developers for an excellent product.

Sent from my Razr Maxx

#1079 ccrsems5

ccrsems5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

Magnificient ROM. After playing with several JB ROMS with broken Bluetooth, various google now issues, non working hdmi, it's SOOOO nice to come back to not only a stable ROM, but one so beautiful as this.

Awesomeness +1

Me too. Liked a lot about KOA, but the camera issues, mms texting issues, and gallery issues were just too much. It will be awesome once those are worked out, but this is awesome already!

#1080 RHChan84

RHChan84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter:rchan84
  • LocationMedford, Ma

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

One big advantage with safe strap. Safe side and non safe side. Easily go back is needed
Droid RAZR MAXX (JB/Rooted)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users