Photo

Using Rsd Lite And Fastboot Files To Go Back To Stock (6.11.744)

How To

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#41 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

RSD back to stock is more like 20 minutes or so. The 5 minutes was referring to the update process from 744 to 748 or from 748 to 173.

SIDE NOTE:

I noticed that the instructions for RSD say to extract the files from the zip but I just wanted to let everyone know that this is not required. I have flashed my fastboot files in RSD several times and have never extracted anything. I simply click the little box in RSD with the "..." and then select the actual zip for the fasboot file and RSD will uncompress/extract it automatically.

#42 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

Very thorough Matt thanks.

Once thing you might want to add is that right after you press "Start" the phone will quickly reboot a couple of times. I know that scared me the first time I used RSD haha.

:-D :-D

#43 Rouger

Rouger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLongmont, CO

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

Great write-up.

I've used this a few times now. One thing I found is I do the optional step 9 as a mandatory step since I want the system completely clear of all past info when I'm resetting.

#44 powerdan74

powerdan74

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNorth Ridgeville, OH

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

mattlgroff, thank you so much for the excellent write up. I was having issue with GPS not finding any satellites. I searched for any fixes without rooting in case I had to send in for warranty and this was my last ditch effort. I went back to stock 744 and also performed the optional step 9 wipe data/factory reset. It fixed the GPS issue. I have since done the OTA 748 update and GPS is still working. In step 9 the only thing the puzzled me at first was that when you get to the triangle you have to use the power button to make the selection. Thanks again, Dan.

#45 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

Ran into a new problem I hadn't seen before, so figured I would post in case anybody else runs into it.

I opened RSD, put my phone into AP Fastboot, loaded the files, selected uncompress only, then after verifying the sig it loaded from the files I started flashing. The flashing process went VERY fast (2-3 minutes tops) and failed at step 17. When trying to run again, it said "allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin" was the wrong size and failed immediately. Hitting start an additional time afterwards would cause it to sit pretending to do step 1 indefinitely (gave it ~10 minutes). Closing/re-opening RSD and uncompressing the files again netted the same problem. The issue however, was that although RSDLite said it was going to overwrite the uncompressed files, it didn't. When looking at the uncompressed folder all it contained was just allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin with the wrong file size. The 'overwrite' apparently failed even though I told it to allow. The fix was fairly simple though, just delete the uncompressed files and run it again. For reference, I have used these files a few times already, so I knew they were not corrupted. If you get this the first time you ever use RSD, verify your fastboot files have the correct hash values first! (You should be doing that before running them anyways).

#46 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:coletrane09
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

WARNING: Always make sure you have PLENTY of battery power before performing any type of Fastboot restore. 70% of more is high recommended (RSD Lite and the Command Line Method both won't work if you have low battery). We at DroidRzr.com are not responsible for anything you do to your phone, including bricking it.

Note: You can also use a command line method with a smaller file-size

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Downloads

1)

2)

3)

Should look like this:
Posted Image

Installation

1) Install the downloaded MotoHelper USB Drivers
Posted Image

2) Extract the Fastboot Files ".zip" to a folder.

3) Install RSD Lite 5.6

Posted Image

4) Run RSD Lite 5.6 after installed.

Posted Image

5) Choose the extracted Fastboot ".xml" file to the folder you put it in.

Doesn't matter! As long as you can find the .xml file later for RSD Lite.

Posted Image

6) Put your phone into AP Fastboot mode and connect via USB.

Turn off your phone.
If your phone is frozen then hold down the Power + Volume down buttons for 8 seconds and it will turn itself off.

Hold down both Volumes buttons + the Power button and it will boot into a black screen with white text.
Choose AP Fastboot using the on-screen instructions.
(The Volume Up button selects and your Volume Down button moves down, for those who cannot read the on-screen instructions.)
Special Note: If your device says anything other than "Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0" then Private Message me. If it says Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0 then that is normal! Proceed.

Plug your phone into your Windows computer's USB port. It should look like this in RSD Lite:

Posted Image

7) Hit the "Start" button on RSD Lite

8) Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Have patience. Wait. It has 18 steps of progress as shown in RSD Lite. Then it will reboot itself and install stuff. After it boots up normally you can unplug it.

9) OPTIONAL: Go back into Moto Recovery but this time choose Recovery. When you get to the "

" with the Android press both Volume Buttons. Choose "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" (This will make sure you are COMPLETELY stock 6.11.744 with no personal data on the system. (Anything in your SD card should be safe, but apps/app data/contacts/etc. will be cleared if you do this).

Im getting an error??? following everything to a T

#47 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

I have followed all these directions to a T and failed and 1/18 when pressing start??? my razr is now a retail $700 paper weight.

#48 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

I have followed all these directions to a T and failed and 1/18 when pressing start??? my razr is now a retail $700 paper weight.

Is your battery low? Is it a Droid RAZR for Verizon?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#49 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

failed flashing process

#50 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Is your battery low? Is it a Droid RAZR for Verizon?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

battery good droid razr I'm lost tried command method also doesnt work. Flashed theroy rom wiped everything stuck at bootloader screen
  • davegshaw likes this

#51 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

battery good droid razr I'm lost tried command method also doesnt work. Flashed theroy rom wiped everything stuck at bootloader screen

Install Team Viewer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  • coletrane09 likes this

#52 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

Got it to work with command method thank god

#53 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

Got it to work with command method thank god

Try to keep yourself from getting upset next time. Remember, we are using the same method that Motorola would use to restore the system to stock. If it isn't working, then something is out of place. Once it is put back in place, it will work.

#54 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:32 AM

Will try rsd flash after installing team viewer....something is out of place, cannot update to 2.3.6 after using command method.

#55 Smacinskyjr

Smacinskyjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:@smacinskyjr
  • Google+:smacinskyjr
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

ok...lets see if i can explain this right. If I put my phone into fastboot and start up rsdLITE my phone is never detected by rsdlite. If the phone is running in the "normal" mode rsdlite puts my phone into fastboot, i can physically see it happen on the phone, but rsd never recognizes the phone is now in fast boot and I get a "phone failed to boot to fastboot mode" error or something like that........any ideas what the problem may be? ive have 5.6, the recent moto drivers, the phone is build .748, I was rooted via doomlords root process, and I was usiing safestrap. |Ive been doing this stuff for quite awhile but am still a noob lol.

I'm having this same issue. I'm on a 64 bit windows 7 machine I have followed the instructions to a T, I have used several different usb ports and cables. I have tried deviating from the instructions, I have tried everything and RSD wont recognize my phone. I have gotten the command line method to work and it goes through the motions but when I try to do the OTA to 748 it fails. I really need some help, I have adb working on my machine if it matters. I would love it if someone was willing to work with me over the phone.
J...E...T...S... JETS, JETS, JETS!!!

#56 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

I'm having this same issue. I'm on a 64 bit windows 7 machine I have followed the instructions to a T, I have used several different usb ports and cables. I have tried deviating from the instructions, I have tried everything and RSD wont recognize my phone. I have gotten the command line method to and it goes through the motions but when I try to do the OTA to 748 it fails. I really need some help, I have adb working on my machine if it matters. I would love it if someone was willing to work with me over the phone.

I can help you on Skype if you'd like. Did you see the thread in How To's called "So Your OTA Failed? Read this. (Safestrap users)" you need to say the error for OTA 6.11.748 upgrade. It can be the /preinstall/ or missing bloatware you removed/or froze.
  • Smacinskyjr likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#57 Smacinskyjr

Smacinskyjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

I can help you on Skype if you'd like. Did you see the thread in How To's called "So Your OTA Failed? Read this. (Safestrap users)" you need to say the error for OTA 6.11.748 upgrade. It can be the /preinstall/ or missing bloatware you removed/or froze.

PM Sent

#58 manny805

manny805

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Locationoxnard,cali

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

this will show no trace of rooting ?
  • mattlgroff likes this

#59 Smacinskyjr

Smacinskyjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

this will show no trace of rooting ?

that is correct, you will have to re root afterwards

#60 Smacinskyjr

Smacinskyjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

I'm having this same issue. I'm on a 64 bit windows 7 machine I have followed the instructions to a T, I have used several different usb ports and cables. I have tried deviating from the instructions, I have tried everything and RSD wont recognize my phone. I have gotten the command line method to work and it goes through the motions but when I try to do the OTA to 748 it fails. I really need some help, I have adb working on my machine if it matters. I would love it if someone was willing to work with me over the phone.

On a side note I have determined that the problem that I am having is not phone related it is something going wrong on the computers end. I have come to this conclusion because I have tried more than one phone on my PC and it RSD Lite won't recognize it either. So if there is anyone out there that can shed some light on this situation I and I'm sure others would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,

Steve

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: How To

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users