Photo

Using Rsd Lite And Fastboot Files To Go Back To Stock (6.11.744)

How To

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#61 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

On a side note I have determined that the problem that I am having is not phone related it is something going wrong on the computers end. I have come to this conclusion because I have tried more than one phone on my PC and it RSD Lite won't recognize it either. So if there is anyone out there that can shed some light on this situation I and I'm sure others would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,

Steve

well couple of things to check. One I'd uninstall RSD Lite & the drivers you have installed. then head over to www.downloads.com and grab a copy of CCleaner and run it to clean any old crap out of there. After that reboot your comp and first thing install Rsd Lite 5.6, after that install the most current 64bit Windows drivers. Once done reboot one last time and then try it out. I've seen RSD lite over the yrs act real weird and 9 out of 10 times it is driver issues.

Also I'm curious how much RAM does the comp have. If it is under 4Gb RSD will have issues as well with these *.xml flash files for sue in RSD Lite.

#62 Smacinskyjr

Smacinskyjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:@smacinskyjr
  • Google+:smacinskyjr
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

well couple of things to check. One I'd uninstall RSD Lite & the drivers you have installed. then head over to www.downloads.com and grab a copy of CCleaner and run it to clean any old crap out of there. After that reboot your comp and first thing install Rsd Lite 5.6, after that install the most current 64bit Windows drivers. Once done reboot one last time and then try it out. I've seen RSD lite over the yrs act real weird and 9 out of 10 times it is driver issues.

Also I'm curious how much RAM does the comp have. If it is under 4Gb RSD will have issues as well with these *.xml flash files for sue in RSD Lite.

I have 4 gigs of ram
J...E...T...S... JETS, JETS, JETS!!!

#63 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

I have 4 gigs of ram

Well there is one plus at least.. So i don;t have to read threw 4 pages as i'm at the office, what ROM or SW build is currently on your device now.
Is the device rooted and have bootstrap installed.
Have you ever used SafeStrap
Lastly where are you trying to get by either fastbooting or using RSD Lite?

#64 Smacinskyjr

Smacinskyjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

Well there is one plus at least.. So i don;t have to read threw 4 pages as i'm at the office, what ROM or SW build is currently on your device now.
Is the device rooted and have bootstrap installed.
Have you ever used SafeStrap
Lastly where are you trying to get by either fastbooting or using RSD Lite?

I'm on stock 173, I did have safestrap and boot strap installed (not at the same time of course). I currently have bootstrap installed, I am rooted. I wanted to use rsd to get back to totally stock so I could get the latest update. I was able to get the command line method to work, but it didnt exactly clean up goodenough to get me back on the ota course after I had used safe strap. Mattlgroff helped me immensely on getting everything set back up so I could be on the ota path which I currently am, but I just want rsd to work for future screw ups!

#65 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

Gotchya.... at least you are back on path at this point but with some efforts.

As for RSD Lite as I can say is mess with it more. Best bet it to open/run it in Admin mode, or try compatibilty mode for XP in Win 7. I've been working with RSD Lite, RSD General, QPST....etc and hacking devices going all the way to the E815 and RSD Lite can always be a pain in the ass to be perfectly honest, specially on 64bit OS's. That said I prefer to just use fastboot as RSD can be a pain and IMO it is not worth the hassle. Luckily tho I've own the Razr and now a Maxx and have tried all of the SW out there except .174 and I've yet to use RSD or fastboot files to get back on path. that includes using bootstrap & even safe strap for rom testing. there are ways to get back on path without going threw all this fastboot or RSD stuff.

#66 Smacinskyjr

Smacinskyjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

I have done all of this now twice and rsd still doesn't acknowledge my phone.

#67 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

I have done all of this now twice and rsd still doesn't acknowledge my phone.

then the only way to prove it is not a device problem it try an entirely different computer setting things up again. Just make sure it is a comp that has never had Moto drivers or RSD Lite installed on it.

I'm guessing if you go to command prompt and type adb devices your comp sees it. If so then it has got to be a driver/RSD issue for whatever reason.

#68 Smacinskyjr

Smacinskyjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

Gotchya.... at least you are back on path at this point but with some efforts.

As for RSD Lite as I can say is mess with it more. Best bet it to open/run it in Admin mode, or try compatibilty mode for XP in Win 7. I've been working with RSD Lite, RSD General, QPST....etc and hacking devices going all the way to the E815 and RSD Lite can always be a pain in the rear end to be perfectly honest, specially on 64bit OS's. That said I prefer to just use fastboot as RSD can be a pain and IMO it is not worth the hassle. Luckily tho I've own the Razr and now a Maxx and have tried all of the SW out there except .174 and I've yet to use RSD or fastboot files to get back on path. that includes using bootstrap & even safe strap for rom testing. there are ways to get back on path without going threw all this fastboot or RSD stuff.

I'd love to know how to do this without using fastboot or rsd, I have sent you a PM.

#69 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Huge THANKS to all the devs and people who take time to make these posts. This just saved me from having an expensive paperweight. I went into freak out mode b/c of my stupid mistake. This just saved my back side big time.

#70 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

I'd love to know how to do this without using fastboot or rsd, I have sent you a PM.

give me a day or 2 and we'll have another option posted for folks to get back to on path EXCLUDING anyone who updated to 6.12.174. Wit tha tbuild yo uhave no choice but to fastboot back t ostock, but any other build 6.12.173 or prior we should be able t oget ppl on path so OTA upadtes install wihtout issue. I have the ZIP pakages done i need to do, now I've got to deal with getitng preinstall stuff all setup correctly next. then the ywill go to a few testers before being posted.

#71 foxkat

foxkat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Google+:phil.katulka@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Droid MAXX, Acer Iconia Tab 10.1, HTC EVO 3D, Droid 2 Global, OG Droid

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

I did a flash to Fastboot back to .744. It went so smooth that I was shocked since I've done flashing before and had it stall and had to restart. Once done, the phone booted perfectly (or so I thought). I then ran the DooMLoRD root and it also went FAST and SMOOTH! I was totally shocked this time because I have watched it run and run for 10 minutes in the past. This time it was done in what seemed like 3 minutes. Once booted, root was up and running.

Now, when I rebooted, it had 4G signal strength, but NO BLUE on them, so - no data. I also tried to cycle with Airplane mode, reboot, etc. Nothing.

So I came home and connected to the WIFI at home, checked for the update, downloaded it, installed it, and HOORAYY!! It not only updated properly, and OTA Rootkeeper restored ROOT, but the 3G signal meter suddenly turned blue (I don't have 4G at home, so I have to assume it is back to full functionality.)

Anyone have any idea what happened in the middle there?
Posted Image

#72 mreshetar

mreshetar

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

I am trying to fastboot back so I can do a clean install of the 173 kernel. I have used rsd lite successfully fastboot previously. Today I keep getting an error when I try to load the xml file - it keeps saying there is an input file error, or that the xml format is wrong or is missing images or something like that. I have downloaded the files 2-3 times, reinstalled RSD lite, I can't escape this error. I am following the directions to a T. Any ideas what's going on?

#73 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

I am trying to fastboot back so I can do a clean install of the 173 kernel. I have used rsd lite successfully fastboot previously. Today I keep getting an error when I try to load the xml file - it keeps saying there is an input file error, or that the xml format is wrong or is missing images or something like that. I have downloaded the files 2-3 times, reinstalled RSD lite, I can't escape this error. I am following the directions to a T. Any ideas what's going on?

So it can't unzip it properly? Or it fails once it starts to flash? (hopefully the first)

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#74 arsenic1234

arsenic1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

right on the money
got my razr back to stock (other than having to delete my internal SD card info)
sending back b/c they sent me a Maxx as an exchange
thanks for a great walkthrough

#75 bogginblazer

bogginblazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

mine always says fail and never reboots on its own. why id that ?

#76 bogginblazer

bogginblazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

never mind

#77 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

Thank you kindly

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. I did as your instructions were posted and it was a pass. Not to root and see if that works and then back to rsd lite to see if the flash will wipe root. I cannot wait to do tethering. Thank you so much sir/miss.

Claps1775
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#78 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

Ok, one problem now. I did a factory wipe on phone and went through the set up like I did when I first got it. But now for some reason when I go to email or market. I will say turning on wifi when I have it turned off. Why is it doing that and did I do something wrong?

Claps1775
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#79 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

Ok, one problem now. I did a factory wipe on phone and went through the set up like I did when I first got it. But now for some reason when I go to email or market. I will say turning on wifi when I have it turned off. Why is it doing that and did I do something wrong?

Claps1775

It happens when you are stock. You can choose "Disable Auto-Matic Wifi" or something around those lines next time it pops up

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#80 Phungusamongus

Phungusamongus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:24 AM

Everything worked fine...till clicking start on RSD...nothing happens...RSD doesn't seem to respond...uninstalled..reinstalled...still the same, any suggestions?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: How To

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users