STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

There we go... I updated the SU binary before backing up and flashing update.. running JB fully rooted now :)

#82 chrisc2u

chrisc2u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

There we go... I updated the SU binary before backing up and flashing update.. running JB fully rooted now :)

Interesting, I just did the same thing and no root. Did you confirm with an application that needs root? OTA rootkeeper tells me I have root, but I don't.

#83 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Thank you so much will try and let you know the results shortly :-)

Thanks! I hope it works!

Non potest esse nisi unus

#84 YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSharpsburg, GA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Aside from being a chore to retain root, how's this leak treating you all? Still have good reception, call quality, data speed, etc.?

~~ Tapped from the 7th dimension~~

#85 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

BIG HUGE WARNING...I can't promise anything here. I'm told this SHOULD work but I can't be held responsible if it blasts your data. I don't have a RAZR HD and can't test it, so, I'm in uncharted territory here. I'd like to know if it works. Try at your own risk. Should be safer than the full one which is GUARANTEED to wipe everything. :D

Extract that into the directory that you extracted the FXZ into. Then flash this XML file with RSD. Don't pick the wrong one by mistake. This has a Keep_Data on the end! :)

I copied that file and renamed it and loaded it into RSD and when I click on start, it immediately says Failed flashing process. unknown fastboot command (getvar)

#86 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

Basically I fastbooted back to stock, ran the 702 update I think it is, rooted the device, updated the SU binary, made SU backup, temp unroot, flash JB update, and restored my su backup.

Edit: While root call blocker does get root priveledges, it doesn't seem to work with Motos JB :(

#87 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

I copied that file and renamed it and loaded it into RSD and when I click on start, it immediately says Failed flashing process. unknown fastboot command (getvar)

Um....wtf. Considering it's an EXACT copy of the one that ships with the FXZ except for the erase userdata command removed, that's pretty messed up. I have no idea.

#88 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Um....wtf. Considering it's an EXACT copy of the one that ships with the FXZ except for the erase userdata command removed, that's pretty messed up. I have no idea.

yeah i noticed I compared the two files and the lines are the same that have the line getvar in there

#89 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

yeah i noticed I compared the two files and the lines are the same that have the line getvar in there

Yea, so, I don't know what would cause that to fail. Are you using RSD Lite 6.1.4?

#90 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Yea, so, I don't know what would cause that to fail. Are you using RSD Lite 6.1.4?

I am using 5.7 as it seems to be more successful, from what I have heard, than 6.1.4 But I will download 6.1.4 and try it just to see...

#91 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

I am using 5.7 as it seems to be more successful, from what I have heard, than 6.1.4 But I will download 6.1.4 and try it just to see...

So 6.1.4 does the same thing. When I put the original xml file back in, I get the same error as well. Not sure whats going on.

#92 TragicRemedy

TragicRemedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Nice..... my Bionic is jealous... it wants JB.

#93 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Ok. Grab this while you're at it:

<link removed as it no workie>

Extract it into the directory you extracted the FXZ to. If RSD doesn't work, run the KeepData.bat. I also changed the Keep Data XML file slightly and removed some more erase commands so make sure when you try again that you use the new one.

#94 chrisc2u

chrisc2u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Basically I fastbooted back to stock, ran the 702 update I think it is, rooted the device, updated the SU binary, made SU backup, temp unroot, flash JB update, and restored my su backup.

Edit: While root call blocker does get root priveledges, it doesn't seem to work with Motos JB :(

Can you see if Rom Toolbox gets root permissions?

#95 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

So 6.1.4 does the same thing. When I put the original xml file back in, I get the same error as well. Not sure whats going on.

Ok, get my latest zip file and run the KeepData.bat file. That'll flash the damn thing with moto-fastboot.

#96 chrisc2u

chrisc2u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

Aside from being a chore to retain root, how's this leak treating you all? Still have good reception, call quality, data speed, etc.?

~~ Tapped from the 7th dimension~~

I have used it for a few hours, surfing, conference calls and email and it has been great. Love all of the new google now features and the expanded notifications.

#97 YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSharpsburg, GA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

I have used it for a few hours, surfing, conference calls and email and it has been great. Love all of the new google now features and the expanded notifications.

Good to hear! Thanks for the response ... This is going to make this leak hard to resist! I been missing me some JB goodness!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

#98 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Ok, get my latest zip file and run the KeepData.bat file. That'll flash the damn thing with moto-fastboot.

This doesnt look good :( it Will not boot back up now...

Ap Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
Device is LOCKED. Status Code:0

No Valid PIV block in SP for system
piv validation failed (system)
Fastboot Reason: Boot Failure

#99 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

This doesnt look good :( it Will not boot back up now...

Ap Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
Device is LOCKED. Status Code:0

No Valid PIV block in SP for system
piv validation failed (system)
Fastboot Reason: Boot Failure

UMMMM. WTF? What the HELL is going on with your phone? :(

Get Matt's util and restore it using that. If that doesn't work, post a message there and see if Matt has any idea. This definitely should NOT have failed since it's doing EXACTLY what the FXZ file is doing. I'm very very confused here. :(

#100 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

UMMMM. WTF? What the HELL is going on with your phone? :(

Get Matt's util and restore it using that. If that doesn't work, post a message there and see if Matt has any idea. This definitely should NOT have failed since it's doing EXACTLY what the FXZ file is doing. I'm very very confused here. :(

Guess my phone doesn't like me. I will try that and see what happens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HD Jelly bean, 4.1.1, DROID RAZR HD, HD JB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users