#41 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

I've noticed that my 4g with 4 bars reverts to 3g and 2 bars off an on during the day. Other than that (and the gmail trash delete problem) this ROM is real nice. Can't wait for root to happen...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#42 xjjunkie

xjjunkie

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKirkland, WA
  • Current Device(s):Droid X, Razr XT912, Razr XT926, Droid 4, GNEX

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

also noticed at boot the red motorola logo doesnt say dual core underneath anymore, anyone else?

#43 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

also noticed at boot the red motorola logo doesnt say dual core underneath anymore, anyone else?

Come to think of it I've noticed that too on boot up.

#44 Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:KevinACountis
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

LIke:
Transparent Status bar on homescreen ( this was my favorite thing about WinMo 6.5 )
Bluetooth works! ( I drive for a living and this bug prevented me from using any JB ROMs )
Expandable notifications ( didn't realize how useful this is until I had it )
AOSP gallery, New Blur dialer, New Dock, AOSP Clock/Alarm ( just looks & feels better IMO )
JB Project Butter ( smooooooth animations & transitions with little/no lag )

Dislike:
BLOAT! ( thank god I was able to keep root! )
Blur MMS ( I was used to AOSP MMS - just liked the way it looked/behaved )

Looking forward to:
ROMs! ( on the way )
SafeStrap ( DONE! )
Crackflashing!!

Thank you for everyone involved in making this work for as many of us as possible. From getting the files to providing instructions, root fixes, SafeStrap, etc. I can't thank all of you enough.

Also I thank Motorola for sending this out as a surprise on Christmas.

#45 chrisault2004

chrisault2004

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationHuber Heights, OH
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT912

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

I updated on Christmas. So far mostly good.

Pros: speedy, smooth, fair battery, finally a solid job build for the the razr!

Cons: fair battery, SMS notifications stopped popping up in the status bar. I may have removed something accidentally when I was removing bloat. Anyone have a clue about this?

Also, this version, unlike GB or ICS, allows me to tweak the kernel in ROM toolbox pro! Has moto loosened the reins a bit???

#46 chrisault2004

chrisault2004

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationHuber Heights, OH
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT912

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

I would love to have a version of this stock with integrated notification toggles, SMS quick reply in the status bar, and 1% battery! I'm overall very happy so far!

#47 Cruiserdude

Cruiserdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:@andrewblitch

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

1% battery will require you to deodex your rom, haven't bothered to look into whether previous methods for this phone will work on this rom or not. Personally, its AOSP themed already so I'm not too eager to mess with that aspect, as I tend to feel that odexed roms have a bit better performance over time (though that could all be in my head).

As far as the toggles go, you could deodex and add them, but for now its far easier to just use the app Notification Toggle in the market. (I'm not keen to heavily modify this base yet myself, rather let the devs play with it first and see what issues we may have, not to mention I want to play with it in its "stockish" state for awhile yet). Notification Toggle lets you select all the basic functions you may want to have, their order, theme, etc. It won't scroll, the toggles just get smaller as you add more, or you can add a second row that sits below the first one. But I haven't found the need for a ton of toggles, just the basics, and for that it works great and looks like its part of the rom.

Haven't looked at SMS quick reply, as this hasn't been my main phone for some time now so I haven't looked into that. But have you tried simply putting the CM10 SMS app in system/app and chmod 644? No idea if that would work, but this new Blur looks very similar to stock aosp and includes a number of stock aosp apps, so the framework may be close enough to allow that to work. If not, I would imagine someone could port the app without a great deal of trouble, though that's also something probably left to the devs as I've never tried that.
  • chrisault2004 likes this

#48 Poloki

Poloki

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:jeffasaul
  • Google+:jeffasaul
  • LocationHackettstown, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

So far I love it, very smooth. My biggest gripe is in the phone app. There used to be a setting to toggle whether or not to return to dialer/recent calls after any phone call. I always have this set to off. From what i can see, the JB leak has no such toggle, so always goes back to recent call list. Annoying because after a phone call I have no need to see who just called me, and I have to press home to get out of it. Hope this gets fixed.

#49 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

one con I see so far:
can't find the pics I save from my emails in any folder..for example, my download folder says I have 12 files in the download folder, open it up and there's only 8 files and no pics

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx running on high octane with Jelly Bean

#50 cp6608

cp6608

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

I was having trouble getting the screen to come back on if I was on a phone call for a while, but I think I figured a workaround for it. If you have Rom Toolbox Pro, you can edit the proximity delay, because for whatever reason, when JB was installed, the default was 450. I set it to 75 and it now works like a charm. I must also say that I absolutely love Jelly Bean!

Pros: Fast, Smooth, Great Battery, Very Stable, Signal Strength is very Good!

Cons: Occasionally lose wifi (could be a router issue)

#51 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

I notice weak wifi signal too when you reboot, I just cycle the wifi off and on again...definitely not a router issue

#52 desdecardo

desdecardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Just my two cents:

What I like:

Signal Strength is improved, slightly, for me.
Screen transitions (used to the issue that JB roms had)
Faster UI (probably related to the transitions).

What I dont like:

Battery life is about 14% shorter when compared to BWJB (AOKP/CM/CNA) and Wizzed Bean JB. I usually get down to between 63-65% after a day at work (I work in a dead zone and I keep forgetting to switch to airplane mode), I have been getting down to high 40s low 50s with the JB OTA leak. That might just be the root apps I use and the tweekings I have done and not being zipaligned and such.
Stock LED management is odd. The hard keys tend to have a mind of their own. And the stock Flash does not flash long enough. (Works after I installed TeslaLED)
Initially all my zedge ring tones, images and videos were duplicated. Also random pictures were assigned to album labels in Play Music. The duplications were fixed when I installed SS 3.07 and wiped cache and dalvik and fixed permissions. It didnt fix the random pictures assigned to albums from Play Music. Its always fun seeing an ex girlfriends picture as the album art for the 8 Mile Soundtrack. :)
Some pictures that go to my download folder (MMS and from emails) have to be individually opened before appearing in the gallery.

To be honest, the likes outweigh the dont likes. I get full lte at my computer instead of 1-2 bars. And Wifi is full strength instead of being around 2 bars. I have pleanty of chargers and such after having so many phone replacements over the years (4 DXs, 5 DX2s, and 2 Maxxs.) Almost all the negatives I found work arounds for that at least work for me.
~~Current Rom: Black Widow HDish~~

#53 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

What about the standard JB bugaboos, like the camera flash not working or MMS issues? And does Swype work on this version?

#54 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

What about the standard JB bugaboos, like the camera flash not working or MMS issues? And does Swype work on this version?

camera flash and MMS works great and don't know about swype cause I don't use it

#55 chefmaddog

chefmaddog

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:chefmaddog
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

Swype is working fine for me

I have issues connecting to the WiFi at work, my tablet connects fine and when I'm home the razr connects to WiFi fine
So I am definitely confused on that.

#56 neoterixx64

neoterixx64

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

I notice that when I am sending out a bunch of texts I am getting a

Text Messaging <b>%1$s</b> is sending a large number of SMS messages. Do you want to allow this app to continue sending messages?

Very annoying.

#57 chrisf8657

chrisf8657

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Everything seems OK for me, but I REALLY don't like the fact I can't start a Voice search directly via the Search button like I could in ICS. Now you have to hit search, then hit the Mic icon.

#58 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

You can...

#59 Ernietum

Ernietum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Swype is working fine for me

I have issues connecting to the WiFi at work, my tablet connects fine and when I'm home the razr connects to WiFi fine
So I am definitely confused on that.

I am also having the connecting issue, some WIFI places connect instantly where others keep trying over and over without ever getting connected.

#60 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

I am also having the connecting issue, some WIFI places connect instantly where others keep trying over and over without ever getting connected.

Under settings > wifi > menu > advanced there is an option to 'Avoid Poor Connections' - which I believe is defaulted to 'on'. Try turning that off to see if it makes a difference.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 98.72.8, 4.1.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users