Krunk_Kracker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Twitter:Krunk_Kracker
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/113737551782095597526
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX, 32gb Nexus 7

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

I don't get why when the devs tell us a new release is almost out why anyone would load the 2.1 Test or any other test version, do you like having to set up your phone all over again with each release?

Just curious?

Gary Brant

Why would you reset anything? I installed the 2.1 test update over the initial release and didn't lose anything.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#282 140hours

140hours

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Twitter:galstg

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I'd love to do that, tell me how!

I understood we had to clean the slot (SS 3.11), wipe everything and then install the new release in the clean slot?

Let me know, thanks!

Gary

#283 djhbomber1

djhbomber1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr, Razr MAXX HD

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

I understood we had to clean the slot (SS 3.11), wipe everything and then install the new release in the clean slot?

Let me know, thanks!

Gary

Titanium Backup Pro is one of the best Play Store purchases you can make. From wiping to fully set up takes me about 15 minutes.
Besides, SS gives you 4 slots to play with for a reason! You don't have to wipe everything every time you want to try out a new ROM.

#284 140hours

140hours

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

I've got Titatnium Backup Pro! Is the procedure to make a full data and apps backup to .zip archive, and then flash that into the new ROM after it is set up?

Thanks tons!

Gary

#285 djhbomber1

djhbomber1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr, Razr MAXX HD

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

Is the procedure to make a full data and apps backup to .zip archive, and then flash that into the new ROM after it is set up?

Only backup the apps by selecting the check mark at the top right of the Titanium Backup screen, then selecting the third option down. When you want to restore, hit "Restore missing apps with data."

#286 Krunk_Kracker

Krunk_Kracker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Let me know, thanks!

Gary

I just installed it over the older install, wiped cache, booted back into it, fix permissions with ROM Manager and all is well.

#287 jimd1050

jimd1050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

I don't get why when the devs tell us a new release is almost out why anyone would load the 2.1 Test or any other test version, do you like having to set up your phone all over again with each release?

Just curious?

Gary Brant

Hi Gary,

I was one of those who got the OTA leak installed and "lost root" BEFORE the guys told us that Voodoo Rootkeeper would have worked with the OTA to save root. Thus, I was without Root until djrbliss posted his Razr Blade exploit. I had just finished doing that and getting Safestrap 3.11 loaded, so I had nothing in any slot. I chose Triplecore v2.1 Test based on a friend's recommendation... before I read the post about a more stable version coming. Even after reading it, I probably would have done the same thing... just to have something to try!!! Your curiousity satisfied? :rolleyes:
Regards, Jim D

#288 ryankliber

ryankliber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Just curious?

Gary Brant

Tibu makes life a lot easier, blur vs aosp has way less stuff to customize, so it doesn't take as long to setup. The devs might not release a new version for several days. And actually I do like setting up my phone with each release, good way to kill 45-60 mins haha.

#289 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Another reason ... I've lost count of the number of times a new rom / new release / new theme / update / etc. is announced by any dev or themer ... but doesn't happen for a while. Sadly, "life happens" or that last little tweak totally messes things up, so even the best intentions of a soon release can sometimes drag out for a few days or couple weeks. So flash and check things out in the meantime.

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#290 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

I think the 2.1 Test should have been a fully released rom. I was on it for a few days until my itch kicked in to crackflash. While I was on it, it was smooth, fast and great battery life. Its still one of my favorite roms :)

#291 thaijunk

thaijunk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Titanium Backup Pro is one of the best Play Store purchases you can make. From wiping to fully set up takes me about 15 minutes.
Besides, SS gives you 4 slots to play with for a reason! You don't have to wipe everything every time you want to try out a new ROM.

how'd you use all 4 slots? I don't have enough memory on my internal SD Card to use all 4 even after setting it to 1gb each.

#292 140hours

140hours

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

I did an update to 2.1 Test, fixed all permissions, but Google Play Store is still crashing, what is the fix?

Thanks!

Gary

#293 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

I did an update to 2.1 Test, fixed all permissions, but Google Play Store is still crashing, what is the fix?

Thanks!

Gary

Did you wipe before flashing.

#294 Krunk_Kracker

Krunk_Kracker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Thanks!

Gary

Wipe cache

#295 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Thanks!

Gary

I was running into the same problems when I treated this as an update. I got the problem cleared when treating it as a new install, do all four wipes and do a fresh install

#296 140hours

140hours

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

I figured it out thanks to all your great help and input.

I just wiped and reformatted everything in Slot 1 (SS 3.11), then installed 2.1 Test there, and all is fine! This slot has a 2GB partition.

Since I never used any of the other three slots, I didn't touch them and it didn't seem to make a diff. Hope this helps somebody else!

Cheers,

Gary
  • The Doctor likes this

#297 Krunk_Kracker

Krunk_Kracker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I was running into the same problems when I treated this as an update. I got the problem cleared when treating it as a new install, do all four wipes and do a fresh install

I remember you mentioning that, but I installed as an update, and it works fine after a fix permission.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

#298 DavidTennant

DavidTennant

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Running smooth, but the battery on my maxx isn't nearly as good as the screenshot of triplecore on an OG razr. Suggestions?
Sent from the TARDIS console

#299 theunbound1

theunbound1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

I just noticed after running this for quite a while that I have no vibration. is this a common issue?

#300 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

I just noticed after running this for quite a while that I have no vibration. is this a common issue?

Never had that problem. Did you try a reboot to see if that fixes the problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users