#121 Badger50

Badger50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Google+:badger50@gmail.com
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

Just out of curioscity, do you think it matters which Zergrush root you use?? I rooted my Dx2 using Doomlords #4 version, and BSR worked flawlessly.. I have seen versions 2 and 3 talked about for rooting the Razr along with Voodoo's root keeper. I have used versions 3 and 4 to re-root the Razr after after FB back to .744, yet it does'nt seem to make a difference to the BSR recovery. Just curious, and thanks to all the wonderful, and helpful people in the android community :-)
Posted Image

#122 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:49 AM

Loves me some Bootstrap.

Yeah, Doomlords v4 and the new version of the Android Utility by Matt is good now. Matt's didn't used to work, but it caught up and keeps root the whole time now.
- Motorola Droid RAZR [IC3Razr- always most recent]

#123 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

glad to see ya over here nitro. i just got this phone as upgrade from my fascinate. can't wait to see some of your work on here.

#124 Badger50

Badger50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Google+:badger50@gmail.com
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:41 AM

Problem solved :-) For those of you still having the "Error while restoring system" while trying to restore a Rom. I used Mattlgof's utility (it's awesome:-) Did a FB back to .173, let the utility wipe your internal sd card. Then re-root using the new utility exploit. Install the BSR, and bingo. Now the restore function works smooth as butter. A big thank you to Matt and his awesome utility program, he's definitely getting some of my money :-)
  • killajz likes this
Posted Image

#125 stupidchicken03

stupidchicken03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationIn the Sac of CA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:06 AM

I might have to look into doing that now haha

#126 schmidtythekid

schmidtythekid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

i installed the bootstrap but when i press reboot recovery it doesn't do anything.. i had done a factory reset cuz i was trying to install the other way so i had to redownload my super user and the bootstrap never asked for super user permissions. did i loose my root?

#127 Canemaxx

Canemaxx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNEW HAMPSHIRE

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

will this recovery work to flash any rom?

#128 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

Just want to clarify. If I already have bootstrap can I just follow the install instructions and install it over the bootstrap already on the phone or do I need to uninstall first?

#129 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:42 AM

Just want to clarify. If I already have bootstrap can I just follow the install instructions and install it over the bootstrap already on the phone or do I need to uninstall first?

Correct just install the new bootstrap over the old one.

#130 ddemlong

ddemlong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

Problem solved :-) For those of you still having the "Error while restoring system" while trying to restore a Rom. I used Mattlgof's utility (it's awesome:-) Did a FB back to .173, let the utility wipe your internal sd card. Then re-root using the new utility exploit. Install the BSR, and bingo. Now the restore function works smooth as butter. A big thank you to Matt and his awesome utility program, he's definitely getting some of my money :-)

I have done that several times through flashing and accidently boot looping and I still get the error every time i try to restore a system. Its irritating. :angry:
Droid RAZR Rooted

#131 Razroid

Razroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:13 AM

does this work for GSM razr? Im on a GSM razr and when i press reboot recovery, it reboots and gets stuck at DualCore technology screen, please help D:
  • thomasthambi likes this

#132 Cigarrr

Cigarrr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

This does not work on my unlocked device and gets stuck on first "M" logo.
Need help.
Thanks.

#133 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

This works on the CDMA ICS Leak as long as you kept root! Thanks nitro!

#134 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

This does not work on my unlocked device and gets stuck on first "M" logo.
Need help.
Thanks.

Why would you use this on an unlocked razr? You can flash a true recovery image.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#135 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

This works on the CDMA ICS Leak as long as you kept root! Thanks nitro!

Unfortunately it won't restore the leak if you mess it up and have to go back to stock. =/
- Motorola Droid RAZR [IC3Razr- always most recent]

#136 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Unfortunately it won't restore the leak if you mess it up and have to go back to stock. =/

I just got back to my razr. What do you mean it won't restore ICS? Or are you talking about restoring a gingerbread backup?

Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#137 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

I just got back to my razr. What do you mean it won't restore ICS? Or are you talking about restoring a gingerbread backup?

I haven't tested it yet but it was said that this recovery won't restore a nandroid. GB or ICS Leak.

Sent from my Rooted Stock ICS Droid RAZR using tapatalk.

#138 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

I haven't tested it yet but it was said that this recovery won't restore a nandroid. GB or ICS Leak.

Sent from my Rooted Stock ICS Droid RAZR using tapatalk.

I thought you had successfully restored a backup you made running the ics leak? Or are you referring to using a nandroid (ics leak) to install a fresh copy of the leak from 173?

#139 jfmi81

jfmi81

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

I could use some help. I downloaded the file moved it to my SD card and Unzipped it. In your tutorial you say Steps to use bootstrap:
1. Install the RazrBootstrap.apk. I would if there was a .apk in the unzipped folders. I do not see a .apk on my phone or pc when i unzip this download. Can anyone tell me whats going on?

#140 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

If you see a META directory after unzipping, you need to flash the zip.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users