2107 replies to this topic

#1981 JoeWumbus

JoeWumbus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

Not sure if I will load, based on connectivity issues by users.
A good test is toggle airplane mode. If your connection comes back, you should be good and it will exploit an issue if it exists.

Also change your settings to OnDemand governor to help with connnectivity.

Data drops while using the device is the most annoying thing. Isn't that the function of a smart phone? If the dang device can't serve it's intended purpose, what good is it?

I did try the airplane mode toggle and every other piece of advice given on the forums. Nothing seemed to work except a reboot of the device. I spent more time trying things than it takes to reboot.

It's annoying, especially since it is a known common frustration that many are experiencing. I am also finding that it is not common to one brand of phone. Seems that it started mostly with the release of ICS and then got worse from there.

I was waiting and hoping that someone would grab the radios from GB and bundle them into ICS. Sounds simple on paper, but I am sure there must have been more to it than that.

My last frustration is the desktop configuration. You would think that the launcher people would realize that their backup and restore functions SUCK when it comes to restoring widgets. Most people use widgets, not app shortcuts. The only launcher I've seen getting it almost right is Nova Launcher. I dread the recreation process of my desktop... Loath it, loath it, loath it! It's probably the most time consuming portion of trying a new ROM.

#1982 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

Data drops while using the device is the most annoying thing. Isn't that the function of a smart phone? If the dang device can't serve it's intended purpose, what good is it?

I did try the airplane mode toggle and every other piece of advice given on the forums. Nothing seemed to work except a reboot of the device. I spent more time trying things than it takes to reboot.

It's annoying, especially since it is a known common frustration that many are experiencing. I am also finding that it is not common to one brand of phone. Seems that it started mostly with the release of ICS and then got worse from there.

I was waiting and hoping that someone would grab the radios from GB and bundle them into ICS. Sounds simple on paper, but I am sure there must have been more to it than that.

My last frustration is the desktop configuration. You would think that the launcher people would realize that their backup and restore functions SUCK when it comes to restoring widgets. Most people use widgets, not app shortcuts. The only launcher I've seen getting it almost right is Nova Launcher. I dread the recreation process of my desktop... Loath it, loath it, loath it! It's probably the most time consuming portion of trying a new ROM.

The radio in you're phone doesn't change when you flash a rom. It is the same radio from rom to rom. If you are on the .181 release you have radio 4.07 for cdma 7.1 for lte. The .181 changed the cdma radio not lte. As far as trying new roms go get boot manager you can get as many roms as you have room for and switch easily between them

vtc.png

#1983 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

Thanks for a new version (B21). Been waiting for an update to solve the connectivity issues for some time. Unfortunately, the problem still persists. I'm done with ICS... Back to Eclipse and GB for a more stable user experience...

It's got to be the way you flashed it or what you're running. I use Safetrap 1.09 and haven't had any data problems all day. I was 3g inside of a concrete building until I did 4636. Then I had 4g up until just now when I cycled airplane mode. Then I did 4636 and BOOM I'm 4g.

I just think it's funny when people expect to have a completely smooth experience with rooted Roms.... If it were completely stable, wouldn't everyone be using that rom?

The leak that this and other ICS builds are based off of is imcomplete.... Hence why we don't have the ability to watch vids. You gotta take the good with the bad. Try resetting, flashing and not restoring old data if you're using TB. Other than that i don't know what to tell you. Are you using safestrap? If not, you should. It makes things much easier IMO.

#1984 JoeWumbus

JoeWumbus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

The radio in you're phone doesn't change when you flash a rom. It is the same radio from rom to rom. If you are on the .181 release you have radio 4.07 for cdma 7.1 for lte. The .181 changed the cdma radio not lte. As far as trying new roms go get boot manager you can get as many roms as you have room for and switch easily between them

I understand the hardware doesn't change. But I have read that the code to control the radio's does. Maybe I am wrong in my understanding, but I thought I read that the code to control the radio from GB is different than that in ICS.

#1985 JoeWumbus

JoeWumbus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

It's got to be the way you flashed it or what you're running. I use Safetrap 1.09 and haven't had any data problems all day. I was 3g inside of a concrete building until I did 4636. Then I had 4g up until just now when I cycled airplane mode. Then I did 4636 and BOOM I'm 4g.

I did a complete wipe before flashing. Safestrap 1.09. It works for a short period of time, about 30 minutes and then begins to cycle. Switch to Wifi and it works for about the same amount of time, try to switch back to 4G and it is useless. Airplane mode and other techniques don't always bring it back. I tried the 4636 once, and got quick busy signals... Now that I think about it, it may have been cause of Google Voice... Hmmm...

I just think it's funny when people expect to have a completely smooth experience with rooted Roms.... If it were completely stable, wouldn't everyone be using that rom?

Well, maybe I'm asking too much! I don't think asking for the data to maintain connectivity is that unrealistic! Especially when you are on WiFi sitting on the couch! It's not like I am on a train going through tunnels here!

The leak that this and other ICS builds are based off of is imcomplete.... Hence why we don't have the ability to watch vids. You gotta take the good with the bad. Try resetting, flashing and not restoring old data if you're using TB. Other than that i don't know what to tell you. Are you using safestrap? If not, you should. It makes things much easier IMO.

I understand that, I think most modder's do. Non every day apps that have some quirks is somewhat normal in this arena. But again, we are talking about connectivity. It is a vital function of the device. Both WiFi and LTE are faulty for some reason. And the issue is not isolated to one person. This is a known problem throughout the community. It's not a 100% thing, which is probably why it's so dang elusive for the developer's to ferret it out.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I understand what comes with the pleasure of being a hacker and screwing around with the phones. It's just annoying, frustrating and irritating... Hopefully one night we'll arrive at that PERFECT ROM... By then, we'll all be moved onto the next one... :)

#1986 paulviado420

paulviado420

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

Been running the b21 update the whole day...experiencing no data or wifi drops and in an area with low signal 98% of the time.working flawless for me.best yet.

#1987 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:22 AM

I did a complete wipe before flashing. Safestrap 1.09. It works for a short period of time, about 30 minutes and then begins to cycle. Switch to Wifi and it works for about the same amount of time, try to switch back to 4G and it is useless. Airplane mode and other techniques don't always bring it back. I tried the 4636 once, and got quick busy signals... Now that I think about it, it may have been cause of Google Voice... Hmmm...

Well, maybe I'm asking too much! I don't think asking for the data to maintain connectivity is that unrealistic! Especially when you are on WiFi sitting on the couch! It's not like I am on a train going through tunnels here!

I understand that, I think most modder's do. Non every day apps that have some quirks is somewhat normal in this arena. But again, we are talking about connectivity. It is a vital function of the device. Both WiFi and LTE are faulty for some reason. And the issue is not isolated to one person. This is a known problem throughout the community. It's not a 100% thing, which is probably why it's so dang elusive for the developer's to ferret it out.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I understand what comes with the pleasure of being a hacker and screwing around with the phones. It's just annoying, frustrating and irritating... Hopefully one night we'll arrive at that PERFECT ROM... By then, we'll all be moved onto the next one... :)

Sorry for sounding like a cranky beotch... I was tired from work lol. Have you tried re-downloading the zip?

#1988 Razroid

Razroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:35 AM

god droid hive does not let me view anything, can we haz a download link here?

#1989 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

god droid hive does not let me view anything, can we haz a download link here?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Here you go

vtc.png

#1990 Razroid

Razroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Here you go

Thx so much :D i was looking forward to this rom

#1991 mpetruzz

mpetruzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

Just flashed and it's running nice!!

The only issue I have is that I like to use GoLauncher and when I open the app drawer the bottom 1/4 of the screen is white. Everything works OK, it's just cosmetic. Has anyone else run into that.

#1992 JoeWumbus

JoeWumbus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

Been running the b21 update the whole day...experiencing no data or wifi drops and in an area with low signal 98% of the time.working flawless for me.best yet.

Were you experiencing problems before B21?

#1993 JoeWumbus

JoeWumbus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

Sorry for sounding like a cranky beotch... I was tired from work lol. Have you tried re-downloading the zip?

No worries... No, I got so fed up and I was running out of time on my weekend that if I was going to go to GB, I needed to act fast. But as it turns out, it looks like GB has maintained connectivity all day for me today... I'll do a bit more of a stress test tonight when I get stuck watching TV with the wife...

#1994 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

No worries... No, I got so fed up and I was running out of time on my weekend that if I was going to go to GB, I needed to act fast. But as it turns out, it looks like GB has maintained connectivity all day for me today... I'll do a bit more of a stress test tonight when I get stuck watching TV with the wife...

Haha I bet she loves when you do that

Sent from my RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

#1995 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

I too got fed up with wonky data connectivity with both this from and black widow, so I installed eclipse and regretted it immediately. Don't get me wrong its an awesome, stable rom but icsisis wayyy more customizable and streamlined. So I flashed this back lol
  • dbroad2007 likes this

#1996 JoeWumbus

JoeWumbus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

I too got fed up with wonky data connectivity with both this from and black widow, so I installed eclipse and regretted it immediately. Don't get me wrong its an awesome, stable rom but icsisis wayyy more customizable and streamlined. So I flashed this back lol

Yeah, I know what you mean! You don't realize the uniqueness of ICS until it's gone!

So I did encounter a 4G/3G data disconnect yesterday while surfing... But I was able to turn on WiFi and connect without the usual ICS issues...

Got a question: Someone suggested installing a ROM Manager so that I would be able to install multiple ROM versions and be able to quickly jump from configuration to configuration... Currently, I have SafeStrap on top of a jacked up base ROM which is now managing Eclipse. If I install a ROM Manager ( a ) Do I install it in the original ROM or in Eclipse? (Probably the base ROM - seems most logical). ( b ) Will I need to remove Safe Strap, or can these two coincide on the base ROM? ( c ) Will Cyanomod's ROM Manager allow the installation/management of ROMS other than CyanoMod's?

Thanks!

#1997 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean! You don't realize the uniqueness of ICS until it's gone!

So I did encounter a 4G/3G data disconnect yesterday while surfing... But I was able to turn on WiFi and connect without the usual ICS issues...

Got a question: Someone suggested installing a ROM Manager so that I would be able to install multiple ROM versions and be able to quickly jump from configuration to configuration... Currently, I have SafeStrap on top of a jacked up base ROM which is now managing Eclipse. If I install a ROM Manager ( a ) Do I install it in the original ROM or in Eclipse? (Probably the base ROM - seems most logical). ( b ) Will I need to remove Safe Strap, or can these two coincide on the base ROM? ( c ) Will Cyanomod's ROM Manager allow the installation/management of ROMS other than CyanoMod's?

Thanks!

You will need to remove safestrap boot manager will not work with it. Your phone Rom must be any rom without Blur this will not work with boot manager. You can make a nanodroid and put in a slot rom for your GB.

vtc.png

#1998 swomack

swomack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:slyone4ya
  • Google+:slyonefoya

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

Yeah, mine has starting losing connection today. Tried everything from changing the governor, toggling airplane mode and changing network settings in the 4636 method and Network mode. I may have to switch back.
After not being able to get data all day. I wiped dalvik cache and was able to get data again.

#1999 noahsark3

noahsark3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

I see many people have had issues with the keyboard on this ROM, I was wondering if anyone had their keyboards and text fields become unresponsive, specifically within the messaging application? I find that if I lock my screen and receive a message, half the time on wake-up I have this issue. I force stop messaging and whatever keyboard (so far stock and swiftkey beta) and the problem fixes itself.

tl;dr Something is up with the messaging text field after lock/wake.

#2000 swomack

swomack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:slyone4ya
  • Google+:slyonefoya

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

I see many people have had issues with the keyboard on this ROM, I was wondering if anyone had their keyboards and text fields become unresponsive, specifically within the messaging application? I find that if I lock my screen and receive a message, half the time on wake-up I have this issue. I force stop messaging and whatever keyboard (so far stock and swiftkey beta) and the problem fixes itself.

tl;dr Something is up with the messaging text field after lock/wake.

Only thing that I've noticed is with imo, it doesn't give me the auto suggestion line on this ROM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users